Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Who (DON'T) you trust with your credit/cash card?
TooCute4Words
Look..its me again

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Just plain busy!!!

[*] Post 315783 posted on 11-1-2008 at 20:25 Reply With Quote
Who (DON'T) you trust with your credit/cash card?

I love my girlfriend and buy her nice things and I trust her loads,

BUT,

BUT,

BUT,

BUT,

BUT,

BUT,

BUT,

She's not borrowing my credit card or cash card. I just expect her to get carried away and shop till she drops and I won't be smiling as she walks in with the carrier-bags full of clothes :(

What about you?
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 315786 posted on 11-1-2008 at 20:35 Reply With Quote

I don't even use the card myself, except for:

1 As an ATM card;

2 For telephone payment transactions.

Before I lost my wife, we were completely different in expenditures. I liked to use cash. Physically handing out money impressed on me that my wallet was getting emptier and I had less and less left. My wife tended to spend almost any cash she had on her, quickly; she said that opening the check book and seeing the record of all the bills for which checks must be written each month would remind her of the obligations coming up. That didn't stop her from charging things we couldn't afford, but she said it slowed her down.:(
TooCute4Words
Look..its me again

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Just plain busy!!!

[*] Post 315802 posted on 11-1-2008 at 21:21 Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I don't even use the card myself, except for:

1 As an ATM card;

2 For telephone payment transactions.

Before I lost my wife, we were completely different in expenditures. I liked to use cash. Physically handing out money impressed on me that my wallet was getting emptier and I had less and less left. My wife tended to spend almost any cash she had on her, quickly; she said that opening the check book and seeing the record of all the bills for which checks must be written each month would remind her of the obligations coming up. That didn't stop her from charging things we couldn't afford, but she said it slowed her down.:(

Credit Cards are very convenient and I love to just go and fill up my car and pay by credit card instead of cash. I just pay for everything in one go when the credit card statement arrives. Usually I can afford to pay the whole thing. But my girlfriend is very honest and tells me that if she had it, she'd be tempted to use it and it could mount up.

I handle the money problems in our relationship, she handles the spending, but not on my credit card. No way man!!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.