Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Just in case
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 314410 posted on 3-1-2008 at 01:19 Reply With Quote
Just in case

Just a note to let everyone know the reason form my absence from the Forum. In case your noticed or didn't, in either case I have been absent for a while. The reason being is that I hit one of those bumps in the road of life that occasionally pop up and have to be dealt with.

Last Wednesday evening I started having a pressure in my upper chest and by bedtime it was quite discomforting. When I arose Thursday morning, I still had some pressure along with a slight temperature. I got off to the VA Hospital and on arriving there, they slapped my directly into the ER and from there to ICU. It seems that I was having an arrhythmic event or myocardial infarction. After being stabilized and checked out and tested it has been determined that it was a minor event as heart attacks go but something that will need some follow up work.

The good news is that my sons came over from Alabama and Monday along with a couple of great Doctors and a couple of accommodating nurses, we worked out an escape plan and I got back home that evening. Like I said I will have to be going back of some follow up and I also have a couple of new medications but at my age, whats new.

I am happy to be home and able to welcome in 2008 and looking forward to many more New Years celebrations.
dancingbanana_new.gif
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 314413 posted on 3-1-2008 at 01:33 Reply With Quote

Delanti, I'm sooo glad you're OK. :D:wav)cheers::wav)
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 314415 posted on 3-1-2008 at 01:55 Reply With Quote

Thanks Scholar. Trying to catch up on things reading all the posts that took place in my absence etc. It looks like everyone had a good holiday despite the trials and tribulations of the last year.

Although not recommended by me, the events of the last week bring into perspective the fact that different views or opinions don't really matter much in the big picture. The expressions of love and concern from family and friends are most gratifying and appreciated.

By the way, I wish you would keep your cold weather up there, it's 26 degrees F and still going down. I am starting to imagine I am back in NY again. waveysmiley
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.