Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Redirect popup
spalko
New User

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

mad.gif Post 312844 posted on 20-12-2007 at 14:31 Reply With Quote
Redirect popup

Before I explain the problem, I need to make a disclaimer that I'm not very computer literate, I'm fortunate to have made it this far in the posting process as I've never done that before --- so please reply as if I'm at a kindergarten level of computer understanding and I apologize in advance - In my internet browser, I'm constantly 'redirected' and told the page i'm looking for can't be found, it's SOOO frustrating and it has a small "information on this message" button that tells me what files to look for and eliminate to stop this message from popping up but I can't ever find those files. HELP!
John_Little
Chads-r-us...

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: Confused

[*] Post 312851 posted on 20-12-2007 at 14:53 Reply With Quote

~Hi spalko,

I'm new here too. When you say "constantly" do you really mean that or "often". Are you looking for stuff that isn't there? Page not found stuff? Or are we talking about blocking pop-up windows.

If you want to block pop ups, you'll find an option to do that in the tools menu in your browser. Under "options"

John
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 312855 posted on 20-12-2007 at 15:10 Reply With Quote

Welcome to the madhouse spalko. We were all as you, once, so don't be afraid to ask for help or explanations, that's why we're here. Now... to your problem.

Does this problem happen with every web page that you attempt to visit or only some of them, I suspect only some. If I am correct, can you tell us which pages that you have problems with? The problem may be theirs, not yours.

A couple of other things that I'll mention now, as you calim to be a novice, is the matter of security. Do you have any security programs on your computer? If so, what?

Have a read here: An Ounce of Prevention

This will give you a good overview of computer security and prevention of the many and varied types of malware that are in the wild. It might also save you having to deal with some of these nasties.
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.