Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: LSASS.EXE
goodcitizen
New User

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

smile.gif Post 312679 posted on 19-12-2007 at 12:17 Reply With Quote
LSASS.EXE

Hi Everyone

I am new here with a problem on desktop Dell Dimension. I keep getting LSASS.EXE pop up and cannot start the computer. Have tried, start in safe mode, last known configuration and recovery from XP CD but the problem remains. It does not recognise D or A drive or the files on them and so cannot reinstall LSASS.EXE. Will appreciate if someone has a solution to this problem. I do not really want to reload the XP as it will change my settings.
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 312687 posted on 19-12-2007 at 13:28 Reply With Quote

Welcome, goodcit! LSASS is the Local Security Authentication Server. It verifies the validity of user logons to your PC.

It may be a problem that has popped up as as part of an infection of the Sasser Worm. What sort of security are you running on your computer? Please be as detailed as possible as that will give us some clues as to what needs to be upgraded and your computer knowledge. IF you don't understand anything, please ask, none of us bight, much!
goodcitizen
New User

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: No Mood

smile.gif Post 312701 posted on 19-12-2007 at 14:31 Reply With Quote

Hi

I have Mcafie security system and use AOL as browser. But I was recently getting pop ups saying "your computer is not fully protected". If the system is infected I cant even run a scan on it because it does not start .
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.