Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Common Sense ???
the bear

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 311511 posted on 9-12-2007 at 22:37 Reply With Quote
Common Sense ???

My parents told me about common sense in my early life and told me I could do well to call on him when making decisions.
It seems he was always around in my early years,but less and less as time passed by until today I read his obituary.
Please join me in a moment of silent remembrance for Common Sense.
Common Sense had served us all so well for so many generations.

OBITUARY for Common Sense.

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.
No one Knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as :-

Knowing when to come in out of the rain,
Why the early Bird gets the worm,
Life isnt always fair
Perhaps it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies ( I don't spend more than I earn). Common Sense had reliable parenting strategies ( adults are in charge, not children).

His health began to deteriate rapidly when well intended but over bearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six year old boy being charged with sexual harassement for kissing a classmate: Teens suspended for using mouthwash after school lunch, and a teacher fired for repremanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disiplining thier unruly children.
It declined even further when schools were required to parental permission to administer an Asprin or a plaster or sun lotion to a student but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and was planning to have a secret abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the "Ten Commandments became contraband: Churches became businesses, and criminals recieved better treatment than thier victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you could'nt defend yourself from a burglar in your own home but the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot: She spilled it in her lap and was prompty awarded with a huge settlement in compensation.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife Discretion and daughter Responsibility. His son Reason has also passed away.

Common Sense is survived by three step brothers, " I Know my rights", "Someone else is to blame" and "I'm a Victim".

Not many people attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone.

Do you still remember him ?????????????

Regards the Bear
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 311514 posted on 9-12-2007 at 22:48 Reply With Quote

Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 311516 posted on 9-12-2007 at 22:49 Reply With Quote

I thought common sense was a woman................;)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.