Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Shared Training Tips.
runrig
Gaelic Crusader

Theme: Coffee

Mood: lier-sgrios.

[*] Post 310002 posted on 28-11-2007 at 09:03 Reply With Quote
Shared Training Tips.

Now that we have a Pets Forum (Thanks Dot !) I thought it might be a good idea to swap training tips.
We all want our Pets to behave well and be good mannered but this does not always work out and training can be difficult. Have you had a particular problem with your Pet that you cannot rectify?.....Perhaps someone here has had the same problem and maybe able to help you. We all like to think our Pets as perfect but of course they are not, you can always train your Pet to be better or it may have a bad habit that you just cant get rid of.
I would be glad to help and share my experience with anyone who is having problems and I have a few of my own that I hope someone maybe able to help me with.
Do you think its a good idea or has it all been done before.
I will post my problems later and I hope someone maybe able to help me.
waveysmileywaveysmileywaveysmiley
Swish Checkley
Penguin Sister

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: tired

[*] Post 310003 posted on 28-11-2007 at 09:14 Reply With Quote

My problem is stopping my cat sharpening his claws on the carpet! He has a scratching post which of course he does not use :P He also has two door mats for the same purpose that he does use and also the lawn (this is good for bring up moss!) and I always praise him when he does. But he still scratches the carpet. As soon as I hear him doing it, I shout at him and he instantly stops because he know's he's not supposed to but when I'm not there to shout I know he'll still do it :(
janet
Mismatched shoes

Theme: Forest

Mood: Devastated

[*] Post 310005 posted on 28-11-2007 at 09:48 Reply With Quote

I've not got a solution to anything but one thing I've done with all pets is to use their name when I'm happy with them as well as when I want them to stop something *now* - I've no idea if it's important with pets but we realised very early on with the kids that we only used their names when annoyed, and made a conscious effort to use their names in praise as well as blame!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.