Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: ADD and ADHD Attention Deficit Disorder
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 313571 posted on 25-12-2007 at 06:29 Reply With Quote

Oh, I just went downstairs to get the pumpkin pie and whipped topping out of the freezer--the only special food items I reserved for Christmas.

While I was downstairs, I noticed laundry that could be hung up or put away, so I did that.

Now I'm up at the computer again, and realized I didn't get out the pumpkin pie or whipped topping--so, I'll be off to make another trip.

It's more work having ADD, but the inconvenience is not as bad as many disorders. The medicine I am now using is supposed to be effective all day and night. I have the impression it isn't as effective as a sufficient dose of Ritalin. But, it's hard to tell--how much do I forget without even knowing it? And, how much would I forget if I didn't have ADD---it's not as if only ADD people forget what they had intended to do.
marymary100
Underwater Plumber

Theme: Iconic

Mood: fact me

[*] Post 313576 posted on 25-12-2007 at 09:57 Reply With Quote

It's probably just your age, now you're a whole year older!
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 341502 posted on 7-7-2008 at 03:13 Reply With Quote
Adult ADD story

Last weekend, I stopped at a low-cost groceries store (similar to the way ALDI's stores look in the US, but a different chain). I only expected to get a couple of items, so I used a carry basket. When it was time to take the groceries to the car, I forgot to remove them from the basket! I put it into the trunk with the groceries in it!shocked_yellow

Since I live in another town, I thought, "I'll have to leave the basket in my trunk, and return it the next time I'm there."

Today, I passed through that town again. I was thinking about the grocery store. "Hmmm. It seems as if I wanted to stop there, but I can't think of any groceries I want to get right now." I drove by without stopping.

So now I'm home, and still have the basket in my trunk.:(

Sometimes it's hard for parents to tell whether ADD kids are goofing up because of a symptom, or because they aren't trying. I relate my experience because I know, from the inside, that I AM trying, and still have these kinds of problems. And this, while I am taking Strattera (which does not subjectively seem as effective as the other medication I used to take--but I don't have an objective standard).
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.