Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Primal Scream Therapy
LSemmens
Undercover MOD

Theme: Windows XP Silver

Mood: Gone crazy, Back soo

[*] Post 310019 posted on 28-11-2007 at 12:49 Reply With Quote

If it ain't fun, don't do it any more! I'd start looking for something that was enjoyable. I left the computer industry, not because I didn't like computers, I could get paid the same money as an environmental vandal (tree lopper) and less stress, hence, more fun! I feel for you BG, all I xan offer is hang in there until something better comes along and then grab it with both hands! Meantime all I can offer is (((((BG))))) a chocolate and coffee. (The downside is, I live over an hour from the nearest airport, and probably a bit more than that from you!)
janet
Mismatched shoes

Theme: Forest

Mood: Devastated

[*] Post 310926 posted on 5-12-2007 at 10:57 Reply With Quote

ARGHGHGHGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have a king size mattress in my dining room. It's been there since David took ill and we got a new one - the people who delivered the new one brought the old one downstairs but couldn't take it away.

It won't fit in our cars.

I finally got round to phoning my county council today to ask them to take it away. I told them I was a recent widow and lived alone.

They can't collect it from inside the house because they can't be sure I'll be home. I guaranteed to be home.

They can't collect it from inside - and suggested I get my family and friends to help me take it outside.

What part of "widow who lives alone" suggested to them that I had family around???

They then suggested I take it to the tip.

If I could have done that, I'd have done, already! Since I've just said that I can't get it out of the house on my own, how in the name of all that's holy am I supposed to get it out of the house, down the drive, in my car, and all the way across town?

I've dealt with banks that got stuff wrong, a phone company that cut me off for five days while they changed Mr D to Dr J on the account name, cold callers who insist on talking to David, old uncle Tom Cobbley and all - but this is about to send me over the edge.
ARGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Swish Checkley
Penguin Sister

Theme: KPCH Default Blue

Mood: tired

[*] Post 310927 posted on 5-12-2007 at 11:07 Reply With Quote

(((Janet))) Could your neighbours helps you get it outside? They seem like nice people from what I've heard. I'm having similar problems getting rid of a super king size mattress, except I'm trying to get money for it too because it was rather expensive!
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.