Karl`s PC Help Forums

Champions league
John Barnes - 21-5-2008 at 09:41

Well this looks like the final showdown tonight, where the the two top teams in Europe battle it out, I dread to hear of a red victory as I do believe I can hear the Cheshire trumpet already having its final polish and that's from 40 odd miles away. but if the news is bad I will take it like a man and offer my congrats to the winning team
I thought I would be away on my hols so I could avoid any crowing but they have been deferred back to later in the season, so let the best team win and come what may, please no bragging until after the game , I think you know where my support lies, jmbnananana

charles - 21-5-2008 at 16:38

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
I think you know where my support lies, jmbnananana

Yes with the bloody Russians as always..........Up the Reds

John Barnes - 21-5-2008 at 16:51

Not really with the Russians Charles, the trophy no matter what will come to old blighty , actually I am the other end of the spectrum to communist but i will watch it tonight we have a crate of ale and are all set hope it it is a good game no matter who wins . take care jmb

Katzy - 21-5-2008 at 18:55

The ref's been told that he won't leave Russia, alive, if Moan Utd. win.

Katzy - 21-5-2008 at 21:00

Just seen a banner, there...

"Scouse-free zone". [bad img]http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/rofl3.gif[/bad img]

Katzy - 21-5-2008 at 21:23

Penalties.

That really sucks.

I don't care WHO wins, now.

John Barnes - 21-5-2008 at 21:43

Man United win on penalties well done . jmb

ps wont be on for week as I wont be able to stand all bragging
pps just love that Ronaldo

bye for a week.jmb

Daz - 21-5-2008 at 23:26

Cracking game of football, played in the right spirit (mostly) and played as football is meant to be played. By that I mean on the ground, and with a good fluid, attacking tempo...

A good advert for English football me thinks. Shame no one could win in normal/extra time, but penalties is the modern way, and it's good excitement for the neutrals....

Not sure about John Terry though...? I thought this was a mans game...? lol ;)

John Barnes - 22-5-2008 at 00:22

Never mind John Terry think about poor John Barnes Charles will have a field day if I appear on here while he is on line, but one good thing was shown tonight and that was despite what some people advocate MU don't walk on water and they did not administer any thrashing to Chelsea, IMO it ended up in the lap of the gods who won ,and I was happy to see it was no walk or stroll in park as obviously some people will stretch their imagination and trumpet it was , but on what I saw it definetly was not. Katzy and Daz didn't see any thrashings I bet,jmb

charles - 22-5-2008 at 07:40

Well what can I say ? I told you so........I thought we gave them a right old thrashing, It was lovely to see the faces on the Chelski players after we had beat them,its a wonder John Terry did not do away with himself,and thats another worry,I just hope John Barnes does not do anything silly.
Serious though,we won the first half,they shaded it in the second but the penalties ? well we were the masters,
A nice little double,league and Champions League,now we can all rest until we do it again next season.......nananana

LSemmens - 22-5-2008 at 14:08

Why couldn't they keep playing extra time until one team scored? This penalty thing is a girly way to win! (Sorry ladies)waveysmiley

John Barnes - 22-5-2008 at 17:09

Well what can I say ? I told you so

Well I find your clairvoyance ability so remarkable you should get a job on the golden mile you would make a fortune as NO ONE could predict that out come with honesty, and the penalty kick out is just a let off no matter who wins as it leaves a unsatisfactory sense behind it for the fans of football as you can see just reading this little thread, and that goes for the Russkis team as well. jmb

charles - 22-5-2008 at 17:44

Quote:
Well what can I say ? I told you so

Well I find your clairvoyance ability so remarkable you should get a job on the golden mile you would make a fortune as NO ONE could predict that out come with honesty, and the penalty kick out is just a let off no matter who wins as it leaves a unsatisfactory sense behind it for the fans of football as you can see just reading this little thread, and that goes for the Russkis team as well. jmb

Katzy - 22-5-2008 at 20:53

"Right old thrashing"...

Charles must watch different games to the rest of us.

I felt sorry for Terry. To miss, coz you miss, is OK. You can cope with that. When the whole thing depends on you and you slip, which you really just can't allow for, it must make you suicidal, I should think.

He's pretty passionate, you know.

John Barnes - 23-5-2008 at 14:37

Well you know Charles he may gets his games mixed up he probably sees a rugby score and thinks its Man U.I just hope I am as good when I get to his age in about 30 years time, I think at his time of life rather upset him it maybe best to humour poor old lad, jmb. nananana

ps I hope Leeds do well this weekend . I will have to borrow Charles's rose tinted united glasses and pretend they get a cricket score .waveysmiley

charles - 23-5-2008 at 15:04

Quote:

ps I hope Leeds do well this weekend . I will have to borrow Charles's rose tinted united glasses and pretend they get a cricket score .waveysmiley

Now listen here Barnesy, Leeds should stay where they are,they are nothing but trouble with there hordes of muppets, Bristol City I want to win tomorrow and Stockport on Monday and whoever is playing Leeds

charles - 23-5-2008 at 15:07

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
"Right old thrashing"...

I felt sorry for Terry. To miss, coz you miss, is OK. You can cope with that. When the whole thing depends on you and you slip, which you really just can't allow for, it must make you suicidal, I should think.

He's pretty passionate, you know.

For me to see Terrys face when the bigheaded sod missed was as good as seeing the nations favourites lift the cup....

Katzy - 23-5-2008 at 17:18

Nation's favourites?

[bad img]http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/rofl3.gif[/bad img]

John Barnes - 23-5-2008 at 21:33

Barnsey? don't get irate and start name calling, but I suppose that must be expected from the Stretford end,
and I always call you Mr Last or lord Charles never lasty, that would not be decorous,

As you rightly say there is nothing wrong with any football team (even yours) its their silly supporters that get carried away. pot, kettle .kettle pot. as you only hear of the supporters getting apprehended by the police and not the team.

I see katzy finds you hilarious , jmb

Daz - 23-5-2008 at 22:01

Quote:
Nation's favourites?

I think he meant these.... :D kewl_glasses

charles - 24-5-2008 at 09:00

Quote:
Barnsey? don't get irate and start name calling, but I suppose that must be expected from the Stretford end,
and I always call you Mr Last or lord Charles never lasty, that would not be decorous,

As you rightly say there is nothing wrong with any football team (even yours) its their silly supporters that get carried away. pot, kettle .kettle pot. as you only hear of the supporters getting apprehended by the police and not the team.

I see katzy finds you hilarious , jmb

Don't get your draws in a twist,United won the lot and you have had a very bad season,its 1v 0 to me,see you on here next season.......

Katzy - 24-5-2008 at 09:32

As an inhabitant of Southend, I'll allow myself a smilette.

It must be intersting, living on Planet Charles...

John Barnes - 24-5-2008 at 10:09

I bet Ray Allen is proud to be a mate of Lord Charles, ;)

ps We don't wear knickers in Yorkshire like they do in Cheshire its trousers we wear like the rest of England :P jmb

I did congratulate the team on their handed out thrashing, so you cant fault me there, waggyfinger

pps it wont be a bad season at all if Leeds do well to daynananana

charles - 24-5-2008 at 11:44

Quote:

pps it wont be a bad season at all if Leeds do well to daynananana

The silly old sod has lost it, Leeds play tomorrow......nananana

charles - 24-5-2008 at 11:46

Quote:
Nation's favourites?

Glad to see you agree..........nanananawaggyfinger

John Barnes - 24-5-2008 at 12:52

Its still part of the same weekend pedantic old buffer,
I hope Ronaldo leaves you for Real Madrid for your cheek.nananana

nananana

LSemmens - 24-5-2008 at 14:52

Mr Barnes, I believe that when Mr Last has called you Barnsey, we was thinking of another person of the same surname, here

charles - 24-5-2008 at 16:20

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes[/i
I hope Ronaldo leaves you for Real Madrid for your cheek.nananana

nananana

He wont leave,but if he did it would not make a lot of difference..........waggyfinger

John Barnes - 24-5-2008 at 18:46

Well i hope sir Alice leaves and Grant is appointed. Ronaldo is the the best player in the world or one of them . who would replace him? jmblips_sealed

Katzy - 24-5-2008 at 20:52

Latest rumour is that Alex is on his way out and he's going to replaced by Mourinho...

charles - 25-5-2008 at 08:47

The seasons over lads, you lost I won.......nanananawaggyfinger:P

LSemmens - 25-5-2008 at 11:36

Didn't Leeds win? I think I saw something on the news about it. Isn't the first time in their club's history that they have been promoted to the premier league?

Daz - 25-5-2008 at 13:14

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Didn't Leeds win? I think I saw something on the news about it. Isn't the first time in their club's history that they have been promoted to the premier league?

No mate, that was Hull City. Well done to them too!

Leeds United play today I beleve...

John Barnes - 25-5-2008 at 13:20

Quote:
Originally posted by charles
The seasons over lads, you lost I won.......nanananawaggyfinger:P

Wrong again, Manchester united Fergusons team won,

all you won was a misguided sense of gloating over some thing that you merely say you support, did you go to Moscow?

thort not, jmb

John Barnes - 25-5-2008 at 13:30

No Mr Semmens back in 1962-3 both Leeds and Sunderland won promotion to the then first division and Leeds was a top team for quite a few years,
this last season just finished, they had to start with a 15 point deficit behind every other club in their division due to financial difficulties and they won quite a few games more or less making up the deficiency but then their manager Dennis Wise was coerced to leave and go to Newcastle leaving Leeds in the proverbial, which brought about a few lost games until they got back to winning form and finally won a chance of a play off to go into a higher league, if they win to day they will achieve , but for their 15points deducted they would been promoted automatically, hope this passes scrutiny from the great know all of football and everything associated , jmb

Daz - 25-5-2008 at 14:15

Yes, but lets not forget John, Leeds deserved their deduction and it could've, and maybe should've been a lot worse for them. They have not done themselves any credit by trying to wrangle out of their deduction of points agreement by appealing very late in the season when they agreed not to, and hence why the FA were maybe more lenient with the points deduction than they could've/should've been...

Not sure I've explained myself very well there, but there is plenty of unbiased evidence on their shanigans on the internet, should anybody be interested...

John Barnes - 25-5-2008 at 23:49

Mr Semmens was asking if Leeds had ever been in a higher division I was not on about the legalities or the niceties of why Leeds had points deducted only explaining why they found themselves in the play off's but that's water under the bridge now they have lost to Doncaster
still the world keeps turning and it does not affect me as I aren't a football fan , I never go or support any team, it does not really interest me I only write in to read how lord Charles goes over the top against me, it keeps me going . jmb

LSemmens - 26-5-2008 at 13:44

Thank you for the clarification, gentlemen. I made a mistook, that's all. I knew it was a team with a short name, and Leeds sprang to mind, when Daz mentioned Hull, that jogged my memory and, all I can say in my defence is: "That shows how much interest I show in any sport"

charles - 26-5-2008 at 16:41

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification, gentlemen. I made a mistook, that's all. I knew it was a team with a short name, and Leeds sprang to mind, when Daz mentioned Hull, that jogged my memory and, all I can say in my defence is: "That shows how much interest I show in any sport"

You ought to move to England,you are missing it all,its all going off over here.

LSemmens - 27-5-2008 at 13:33

It's all right, Charles, upi are safe from us, for now! Tho' watching some of the programs on lifestyle channel from time to time, surprisingly, makes me think that England may not be soo bad after all.

charles - 27-5-2008 at 16:38

Quote:
It's all right, Charles, upi are safe from us, for now! Tho' watching some of the programs on lifestyle channel from time to time, surprisingly, makes me think that England may not be soo bad after all.

Just think, 2hrs from Paris,Italy, 7 hrs from USA, 8 HRS Caribbean , you are stuck out there with nothing going on,
plus Man United.

Katzy - 27-5-2008 at 18:43

Bad echo in here, ain't there? :D

LSemmens - 28-5-2008 at 13:02

Aren't we lucky! nananana

Katzy - 28-5-2008 at 20:51

I'm no American. But, I'll take the fifth. :D