Karl`s PC Help Forums

CHAMPIONS
charles - 11-5-2008 at 17:01

Yes ,much to the dismay of John Manchester United (the nations favourites) retained the Premiersip Title ,(as predicted by me last August) by Thrashing Wigan 2 v 0

Now for the russians in Moscow.......waggyfinger

marymary100 - 11-5-2008 at 18:22

Good game. Well done to Man U.

John Barnes - 11-5-2008 at 20:02

Who is this (John Manchester United), surely a comma is missing some where?, it totally detracts from the bragging statement by having a wrong name inserted, jmb
but well done to the team

Daz - 12-5-2008 at 00:03

I think they deserved it over all. They've played some really great attacking football this season, when they are on form, they are a good to watch...

I also hope they do well in Moscow, I'd hate to see the Russian boys win I have to admit.

One thing that disappointed me though... Fergies celebrations....Are they cringworthy or what...? It's like watching your Dad/Grandad dance and " getting down with the kids". :o

After all these years winning trophies, he really should have improved his technique by now...! He should give Paul Tisdale a ring and get some advice... ;) ;) kewl_glasses

Hope you're going to be watching our "proper football" match at Wembley next weekend Charles...? You know you want to...! :D

John Barnes - 12-5-2008 at 02:46

I see John Terry has a discolated elbow, hope it does not rule him out for the Moscow clash , not that it put a penny in my pocket I must admit i think MU will wallop them , jmb

LSemmens - 12-5-2008 at 12:41

Congratulations to Manchuria Untied It was even reported on our news down here. I do hope that the Ruskis give them a good match. I do hope, for you sake, Charles, that they win. (Maybe, for our sake, they should lose - sorry Charles ouch) ouch) ouch))

John Barnes - 12-5-2008 at 15:18

I am going to Turkey for my hols so I wont be getting any ear bashing from Charles thank goodness, just sun . sand and serenity. jmb

Katzy - 13-5-2008 at 17:07

:D:D:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/6116346.stm

John Barnes - 13-5-2008 at 19:58

Marvellous .jmbshocked_yellow

Katzy - 13-5-2008 at 22:15

[bad img]http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/tophat.gif[/bad img]

charles - 14-5-2008 at 15:22

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
:D:D:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/6116346.stm

United never bother with such mickey mouse cups.....nananana

Katzy - 14-5-2008 at 18:57

Of course not, Charles.

They positively enjoy being humiliated by a bunch of seasiders...

Daz - 14-5-2008 at 21:47

TBF to Charles, and in the interest of fairness and all that, it would seem Fergie does not deem this trophy worth "trying" for. From my recollection, he, and Arsene Wenger only ever seem to play fringe and youth team players in this competition, and if they do well, that's a bonus, but if they fall along the way, it's deemed a price worth paying to avoid fixture congestion.

My team did the same thing, for the same reasons, in the Setanta Mickey Mouse Shield. (Or something like that....! ;)) IIRC, no matter what guise the trophy has been in, we've never played a "proper" first team.

Katzy - 15-5-2008 at 12:04

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz Fergie does not deem this trophy worth "trying" for. From my recollection, he, and Arsene Wenger only ever seem to play fringe and youth team players in this competition

From the BEEB page "Ferguson made nine changes but still fielded 10 internationals in an attempt to prevent the Premiership leaders from slipping up."

OK. Maybe not his 1st. eleven, but ten internationals?

Daz - 15-5-2008 at 23:42

Quote:
OK. Maybe not his 1st. eleven, but ten internationals?

Doesn't really mean anything though does it? (I'd happy accept them at City no doubt ;)) But "international" means eff all, especially when you look at some the sh1te that has worn their counties shirt...

And even if it was a team made up of 10 Pele'esq lads, and a certain Gordon Banks playing in goal, doesn't mean they were told to win the game... Play a certain way, yes probably, but do all you can to win, I doubt it....

Maybe I'm just too cynical...

Katzy - 16-5-2008 at 10:32

Either way, it gave our little [s]dump[/s] town a lift. :D

LSemmens - 16-5-2008 at 12:39

You were close Katzy the command is [strike]dump[/strike]

Katzy - 16-5-2008 at 18:55

Ha.

I think Daz got the idea... ;)

Thanks, though. :D

Daz - 16-5-2008 at 19:34

Quote:
Ha.

I think Daz got the idea... ;)

Thanks, though. :D

I did, and our little City got a huge lift when we drew with 'em. (And were unlucky to lose to 'em at home!) ;)

But(!) Without ManU, the real likelihood is, there'd be no ECFC anyway. They did us a huge favour by making their tie with us a voucher game for their next Champions League game. Doing that, meant the ground was a sellout. Without Utd running the voucher scheme for our match, the gate would probably only have been half full. Due to that, I feel a little obligated to them. :o

ManU save ECFC, who'd have thought it...?

Katzy - 16-5-2008 at 20:57

Oddly enough, it's City that do all the charity/community work, in Manchester.

LSemmens - 17-5-2008 at 12:49

Are there actually two Manchester Teams? I thought Man U and Man City were one and the same? Are they in the same competition? It would make for an interesting home game.

Daz - 17-5-2008 at 20:12

Quote:
Oddly enough, it's City that do all the charity/community work, in Manchester.

I'll take your word for that, I've no idea about the charity work either sides carries out.

Daz - 17-5-2008 at 20:19

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Are there actually two Manchester Teams? I thought Man U and Man City were one and the same? Are they in the same competition? It would make for an interesting home game.

Very common here Leigh, ManC and ManU do indeed compete in the same competitions. (Same league, FA Cup, League Cup).

Birmingham have plenty of teams that also offer up plenty of derbies, throughout the leagues. And again, the London teams, too many list. Also, rivalry between teams in the same county is the norm too.

Local derbies are the highlight in the season for most fans. A very tribal affair. kewl_glasses (Especially when you beat them in the play-offs to reach the play-off final at Wembley...!) :D :D :D kewl_glasses

Win, and it's a great chance for the bragging rights. Lose, and you hope nobody has noticed...! ;)

charles - 19-5-2008 at 14:26

Well said Daz,everything you have said is true,could you imagine having to play in the cup final on Saturday and then travel to Moscow for the match on the following Wednesday ? no way.
Fergie knows what he is doing

LSemmens - 20-5-2008 at 13:53

Thanks for that clarification.