Karl`s PC Help Forums

A most unusual baseball home run.
scholar - 1-5-2008 at 22:31

A female baseball player, having hit the only home run of her college career, injured her knee in attempting to run the bases and could barely manage a painful crawl. Her opponents carried her so she could complete the required circuit of the bases.:o

Here is an article.

Quote:
"My whole team was crying,'' Tucholsky said. "Everybody in the stands was crying. My coach was crying. It touched a lot of people.''

Who thinks this would have happened if it had been a male team? If not, what would have happened instead?

victor - 1-5-2008 at 23:09

Rounders, a girls game. ;)

giron - 1-5-2008 at 23:17

No, it's not, duckie! waggyfinger

Hello, sailor. waveysmiley

scholar - 1-5-2008 at 23:29

I think that the competitive nature of most males in sports would have not meant assistance from the opposing team. Instead, I think the hitter's teammates would have yelled and cheered to encourage him to crawl around the bases, in spite of the pain. And, I think a great many young men would have cowboyed up and done it.

It is perhaps worth noting, as one can read toward the end of the article, that the rules actually allowed for another runner to run the bases and score after such an injury, but the people on site did not have the right understanding of the rules.:(

giron - 1-5-2008 at 23:37

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
the people on site did not have the right understanding of the rules.:(

To be honest, the same thing seems to happen here!

Has anyone bothered to read the rules?

I certainly haven't! shocked_yellow

No wonder there's so much thread hijacking, it's a ruddy disgrace, isn't it? waggyfinger

LSemmens - 3-5-2008 at 14:26

We'd never hijack a thread, giron, that is, unless it';s about a pretty girl who made a home carry!

She couldn't run, so we can't call it a home run!