Karl`s PC Help Forums

the correct way
John Barnes - 9-3-2008 at 12:47

Well I hope you all take note of this, it is a quick lesson in how to make a totally unbiased report of any event Football or otherwise
1 first know your subject by this I mean don't make any self ego trips about any professed knowledge on your subject as this only leads to antagonistic feelings in your audience and will only lead to derisement when you fail miserably to live up to your self proclaimed title

2 Asses the situation and offer your opinion as to why your fore casted result will come to pass, state your case logically not hysterically and it such way that people will not know you are partisan to a certain outcome

3 offer an alternative to your projection and above all don't brag until after the event

4 Take any defeat of your forecast on the chin philosophically and wish good luck to the winners.

5 do not issue any weeping posts as they can be collected for future castigations in any correspondence against you.

above all take it in the spirit of sportsmanship and smile

jmb :D

marymary100 - 9-3-2008 at 12:51

Could you now go on to give advice on unbiased reporting elsewhere JMB?

LSemmens - 9-3-2008 at 13:24

And where would be the fun in that? ouch)

John Barnes - 9-3-2008 at 20:16

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

1 Are you asserting your authority as a Mod by by that remark Mary?
2 Are you suggesting my departure to another forum,?
3 what precisely do you mean by that remark? jmb

marymary100 - 9-3-2008 at 20:39

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
Quote:

confused2
1 No -My warning would be a lot less subtle
2 No - see above
3 Exactly what it says.

There are many biased articles and comments which could benefit from some of your unbiased advice.
Clear enough?

giron - 9-3-2008 at 23:02

I'd call the police, if I were you, John, just explain that you're a defenceless pensioner being stalked by a deranged woman! waveysmiley

John Barnes - 10-3-2008 at 11:20

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

confused2
1 No -My warning would be a lot less subtle

confused2
2 No - see above
3 Exactly what it says.

There are many biased articles and comments which could benefit from some of your unbiased advice.
Clear enough?

confused2confused2confused2 on all accounts
when and if I break any regulations of this forum that is the time for censure

my post of unbiased reporting were not aimed at any individual but as the adage says "if the cap fits--- and we do get some over top reporting and there as been a good natured battle down the years between myself and some other individual but no rules have been broken
so flex your metaphorical muscles else where, its true about power corrupting finding fault where non exists .
unless I have transgressed some rule it does not bear good for the forum when a member of long standing is more or less to told to move else where. another forum maybe ? is this the thin edge of the wedge. starting I ask myself. I have seen attempted power take overs within very forum before. jmb

LSemmens - 10-3-2008 at 12:31

You may have misunderstood Mary's initial remark, John. I took it in much the same manner in which I made my remark. Given the "heat" generated in some of the other threads of late, she may have actually be making a back handed swipe at some of those.

I've not discussed this with Mary, so this is my own take on things.

marymary100 - 10-3-2008 at 13:50

It wasn't a dig at you jmb. Quite the reverse.

John Barnes - 10-3-2008 at 13:54

My take on it looks as though she wants me to move to another forum
I may have got the wrong end of the stick . but if you was told to go else where . what would you think
providing I have not abused or used any profanity and broke any of the rules I cant see the grounds the remark was issued on.
You know there is another name less person and myself have along running feud going on and we score points off one another and i cant see for the life in me why the heat in some other thread I not have contributed to should affect my tenure in this forum, I may be wrong here but doesn't Dot have the say who goes or who stays, ? I have been a member of Karl's since its inception and in that time I have never had any censure levelled at me either by straight out or slanted remarks. jmb

John Barnes - 10-3-2008 at 13:56

Alls well that ends well then .jmb

charles - 10-3-2008 at 14:10

Quote:
Well I hope you all take note of this, it is a quick lesson in how to make a totally unbiased report of any event Football or otherwise
1 first know your subject by this I mean don't make any self ego trips about any professed knowledge on your subject as this only leads to antagonistic feelings in your audience and will only lead to derisement when you fail miserably to live up to your self proclaimed title

2 Asses the situation and offer your opinion as to why your fore casted result will come to pass, state your case logically not hysterically and it such way that people will not know you are partisan to a certain outcome

3 offer an alternative to your projection and above all don't brag until after the event

4 Take any defeat of your forecast on the chin philosophically and wish good luck to the winners.

5 do not issue any weeping posts as they can be collected for future castigations in any correspondence against you.

above all take it in the spirit of sportsmanship and smile

jmb :D

What a load of old tripe,its a wonder you are not banned..waggyfinger

charles - 10-3-2008 at 14:12

Quote:

Told you it was tripe, taking your bat and ball home are we .?

charles - 10-3-2008 at 14:14

Quote:
My take on it looks as though she wants me to move to another forum
I may have got the wrong end of the stick . but if you was told to go else where . what would you think
providing I have not abused or used any profanity and broke any of the rules I cant see the grounds the remark was issued on.
You know there is another name less person and myself have along running feud going on and we score points off one another and i cant see for the life in me why the heat in some other thread I not have contributed to should affect my tenure in this forum, I may be wrong here but doesn't Dot have the say who goes or who stays, ? I have been a member of Karl's since its inception and in that time I have never had any censure levelled at me either by straight out or slanted remarks. jmb

By god,we have got the hump,caught you at the wrong time of month have we.? see you on Nicks.........waveysmiley

marymary100 - 10-3-2008 at 14:20

I actually think that your attack on me is entirely uncalled for.

Perhaps you and Charles do like to have a bit of bandiage, but leave me out of your castigations in future.

John Barnes - 10-3-2008 at 14:46

Its you who joined in, I did not instigate you to join in, as in your above caustic remark It was your snide remark to me that called for me to defend my corner. I don't believe moderator powers give you sanction to tell people to go elsewhere when no rules have been broken, jmb

marymary100 - 10-3-2008 at 14:54

OK - pay attention - this was NOT a dig at you.

It was in fact a compliment. Perhaps it is so long since you received one that you didn't recognise it. I took your post at face value - it is too bad that you do not pay me the same courtesy.

I hope that you do not jump in to arguments in real life the way you seem to be engineering one with me on here today.

I was not using my moderator power, but by the same token you do not have the right to abuse me just because I am one.waggyfinger

John Barnes - 10-3-2008 at 15:22

I don't give a fig if you are moderator or not. also I have not abused anyone as I have not named anyone I just found your remark caustic and it may be better to end this conflagration before it gets out of hand . and if I jump into arguments in real life that is no concern of yours as I feel I did not start this one with you . so let this be the end to the matter, oh okay you have the last word if you insist as a woman that would be your prerogative I suppose . jmb, FIN

giron - 10-3-2008 at 22:19

I suspect there are a few candidates for the Cold Showers. shocked_yellow

John Barnes - 10-3-2008 at 22:41

You are flogging a dead horse Giron trying to stir and mix things up as the subject is closed=finito. you have missed the bus old boy.jmb

LSemmens - 10-3-2008 at 22:43

You blokes are up late! Are the wives away?

giron - 10-3-2008 at 22:56

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
You blokes are up late! Are the wives away?

You are flogging a dead horse Leigh trying to stir and mix things up as the subject is closed=finito. you have missed the bus old boy.

waveysmiley

John Barnes - 10-3-2008 at 22:56

Mine has just come in from visiting a sick friend on the street so I am under starters orders now, It will be shut down time in two minutes so good night from him jmb

giron - 10-3-2008 at 23:10

Quote:
It will be shut down time in two minutes so good night from him jmb

A wise move, John, it's best not to argue with the Boss. ;)

Goodnight and sweet dreams. waveysmiley

victor - 10-3-2008 at 23:29

setteehidey

giron - 10-3-2008 at 23:35

Hello victor are you in trouble with your good lady wife?

To be honest, I don't blame her for getting upset, you spend far too much time on the internet! waggyfinger

I'm staying up for a little while longer, due to the predicted high winds.

victor - 10-3-2008 at 23:40

You been on baked beans then or watching blazing saddles? waveysmiley

giron - 10-3-2008 at 23:43

No, it was a combination of mature Stilton cheese and pickled onions! shocked_yellow

victor - 10-3-2008 at 23:46

I wish you hadn't said that you've made me feel like raiding the fridge.

giron - 10-3-2008 at 23:53

Cue for an exciting new trivia thread, The A - Z of things in your fridge? ;)

victor - 10-3-2008 at 23:59

A oh not a lot We were meant to end up at Morrisons today but it was raining that hard I ended up on the A45 going home.

giron - 11-3-2008 at 00:13

Quote:
Originally posted by victor
We were meant to end up at Morrisons today

Strange that you should mention Morrisons, but we called into the Alvis Retail Park store, this afternoon.

Only purchased a small number of items, but well worth the effort.

victor - 11-3-2008 at 00:44

Must have been a shopping day we were at the Gallagher Retail Park.

charles - 14-3-2008 at 12:55

Quote:
I don't give a fig if you are moderator or not. also I have not abused anyone

You abuse me every time....:P