Karl`s PC Help Forums

A narrow win for United
charles - 24-2-2008 at 10:34

Man U. went to Newcastle and had a narrow win 5 v 1
we are now only 3 points behind Arsenal who could not beat 10 man Birmingham, we are now closing in on the title.

John Barnes - 24-2-2008 at 11:39

Now we are getting down to the nitty gritty Charles is starting his war chant, but beware there is many a slip,between cup and lip . its a bit too early to start the bragging all over again just sensible reporting will suffice .no going over top please well at least not just yet, please use a bit of decorum old chap its the English way you know. show johnny foreigner the correct way please jmb

John Barnes - 24-2-2008 at 11:40

ps I think every one goes to Newcastle of late for their 3 points, well every man and his dog do it seems so it not much to write home about Charles. jmb

LSemmens - 24-2-2008 at 13:26

That looks more like a thrashing, Charles, though I understand that your old rival may not willingly concede that.

charles - 24-2-2008 at 18:09

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
ps I think every one goes to Newcastle of late for their 3 points, well every man and his dog do it seems so it not much to write home about Charles. jmb

It does when you have scored 11 goals against them in two games.

charles - 24-2-2008 at 18:10

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
That looks more like a thrashing, Charles, though I understand that your old rival may not willingly concede that.

Must not upset his BP you know.......waggyfinger

giron - 24-2-2008 at 21:28

Quote:
I think every one goes to Newcastle of late for their 3 points

Just you wait until the Sky Blues get promoted, well give the lot of 'em a jolly good thrashing! waggyfinger

Sorry about that ridiculous comment, I've been drinking. lips_sealed

scholar - 24-2-2008 at 23:17

Quote:
Originally posted by charles
Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens

Must not upset his BP you know.......waggyfinger
What does British Petroleum have to do with It?confused2confused2

P.S. It's good to see you posting, Charles.waveysmileywaveysmiley:P:P:P:)

charles - 2-3-2008 at 18:19

Quote:

It was Fulham ,old boy ,not Newcastle that we beat yesterday.

Dreamweaver - 2-3-2008 at 18:59

Quote:
Quote:

Tsk Tsk"" shame on you Charles, this thread is over a week old, but to refresh your memory

Quote:
we are now only 3 points behind Arsenal who could not beat 10 man Birmingham, we are now closing in on the title.

John Barnes - 2-3-2008 at 22:19

Well Dot / you have take in account of the the old lads age and his hypertension he gets so over the top he does know not which post to respond to I think he gets them all muddled up , I just smile benignly at his attempts now -a -days. The old fire and passion has burnt out, it may re- ignite if his team strings a few games together and wins the league. but it wont last long as probably next day he will have forgot what he wrote, whereas I keep all of his bragging and weeping posts in a special folder to re issue when he gets over stroppy and I am just waiting in the wings if he goes over the top again as he used to jmb

Dreamweaver - 2-3-2008 at 23:39

Quote:
Well Dot / you have take in account of the the old lads age and his hypertension he gets so over the top he does know not which post to respond to I think he gets them all muddled up , I just smile benignly at his attempts now -a -days. The old fire and passion has burnt out, it may re- ignite if his team strings a few games together and wins the league. but it wont last long as probably next day he will have forgot what he wrote, whereas I keep all of his bragging and weeping posts in a special folder to re issue when he gets over stroppy and I am just waiting in the wings if he goes over the top again as he used to jmb

Dos that equate to...hogwash?

charles - 3-3-2008 at 09:04

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
Quote:
Quote:

Tsk Tsk"" shame on you Charles, this thread is over a week old, but to refresh your memory

Sorry they have won so many games lately you have a job to keep up.

charles - 3-3-2008 at 09:06

Quote:

Listen here old boy, I have always given a true account of their thrashings, there are many more to come.

LSemmens - 3-3-2008 at 09:45

On whose part, DW? roffle

John Barnes - 4-3-2008 at 10:43

Hog wash or not I still have posts in my special folder of just a couple seasons ago where Charles was crying into his beer about how Man u were not good enough to win the champion ship cup and another where he advocates Sir Alex's imminent dismissal, and what cant speak cant lie . I read them every so often and smile to myself of how the wind can veer into a different direction at the drop of a hat or should I say at the final blow of the referees whistle. he cant deny them as I have them saved into my special folder and filed them away into the archives, some distant day in the future I may publish them, as once posted they come into the public domain, but all comes to he that waits, I cant see me deleting them as I get so much pleasure from hoarding them and re reading them and it cheers me up no end, does that come under the category of Schardenfreude? jmbnananana

charles - 4-3-2008 at 11:50

Quote:
Hog wash or not I still have posts in my special folder of just a couple seasons ago where Charles was crying into his beer about how Man u were not good enough to win the champion ship cup and another where he advocates Sir Alex's imminent dismissal, and what cant speak cant lie . I read them every so often and smile to myself of how the wind can veer into a different direction at the drop of a hat or should I say at the final blow of the referees whistle. he cant deny them as I have them saved into my special folder and filed them away into the archives, some distant day in the future I may publish them, as once posted they come into the public domain, but all comes to he that waits, I cant see me deleting them as I get so much pleasure from hoarding them and re reading them and it cheers me up no end, does that come under the category of Schardenfreude? jmbnananana

God ,how sick to keep them.

LSemmens - 4-3-2008 at 12:21

rollarf

John Barnes - 4-3-2008 at 14:23

:Pshocked_yellownananana:Dwaveysmileywaggyfinger.
Why throw away something i can show my grandchildren at the folly of man in the early 21st century jmb

charles - 4-3-2008 at 16:18

Quote:
:Pshocked_yellownananana:Dwaveysmileywaggyfinger.
Why throw away something i can show my grandchildren at the folly of man in the early 21st century jmb

My god,some grandchildren if they find them interesting..nanananananananawaggyfingerwaggyfinger

John Barnes - 5-3-2008 at 14:27

No not interesting at all rather sad and boring but laughable . looking back. jmbshocked_yellow

charles - 5-3-2008 at 15:25

Oh,have it your way, I still think it sad to have to file post's away....waggyfinger

craig1912 - 5-3-2008 at 22:15

I've filed the two wins we've had over the reds this year-strange you didn't post about them:D

giron - 5-3-2008 at 22:19

Don't forget the time when the Sky Blues gave them a jolly good thrashing! :D

TooCute4Words - 5-3-2008 at 22:24

Quote:

5 v 1 sounds like an annihalation :P

John Barnes - 5-3-2008 at 22:32

Quote:
Originally posted by TooCute4Words
Quote:

Yes it does to me as well, but I wonder if Charles traveled to St James's park if truth be known, or was he just another armchair pundit airing his views and maybe he was there in spirit, which is a totally different thing when you profess to be a true supporter. jmbshocked_yellow
j

TooCute4Words - 5-3-2008 at 22:54

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it does to me as well, but I wonder if Charles traveled to St James's park if truth be known, or was he just another armchair pundit airing his views and maybe he was there in spirit, which is a totally different thing when you profess to be a true supporter. jmbshocked_yellow
j

Footie supporters claim to know everything about the team they bow down to. 10 v 1 can sound very close to a fan who's team got (1) :D

But you know who's worse than supporters,

*cough* *cough* 'managers' skidaddle

giron - 6-3-2008 at 23:40

Quote:

*cough* *cough* 'managers' skidaddle

Thank goodness that the Sky Blues change their manager more often than I change my underpants. ;)