Karl`s PC Help Forums

Six Nations
SRD - 9-2-2008 at 17:50

Wales 30 - 15 Scotland

An accurate result with Wales playing a far better game, Scotland just can't score tries. I can't see Scotland winning a game at this rate, unless England play as badly against them as they did against Wales in the second half.

France 26 - 21 Ireland

What an exciting match, wonderful open play by the French in the first half putting their extremely fast winger Clerc over for a hat trick, Ireland not fast enough nor accurate enough with their tackling but the second half was a different story with the Irish eventually getting their pack into action but with Ireland within metres of the try line and a possible win time ran out.
Probably the right result but Ireland were unlucky.

I can't see anyone beating the French now, although their scrum must be suspect against England and maybe even Italy, if England can keep it tight then it might be close but I don't think England have the bottle to beat them.

Italy - England tomorrow. Despite being away from home I think England will win, but it won't be easy and if they play like they did in the second half last weekend we might see Italy humble them.

marymary100 - 9-2-2008 at 18:07

I didn't watch it Simon. It's just not the same for me unless I'm on the stands and I haven't done that for years. We used to inject oranges with vodka and suck tthe orange segments on the terraces.....halcyon days.........

scholar - 9-2-2008 at 18:17

Not watermelons? :jester) :jester)

SRD - 10-2-2008 at 08:16

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
I didn't watch it Simon. It's just not the same for me unless I'm on the stands and I haven't done that for years. We used to inject oranges with vodka and suck tthe orange segments on the terraces.....halcyon days.........
I didn't watch it either, we don't have a telly, but the radio commentary wasn't bad.

SRD - 10-2-2008 at 16:19

Italy 19 - 23 England.

Again England couldn't play for two consecutive halves. And if the Italians had a better lineout then they could well have beaten England. Not very impressive, at this rate we won't beat the Irish let alone the French.