Karl`s PC Help Forums

2001 a Space Oddyssey
LSemmens - 17-8-2016 at 11:42

How many times did you watch it? Came across this on an Acoustic Guitar Forum and it raised some interesting topics that I had not considered for many years. The article would not have been out of place had it been written not long after 2001. Though it does give some good insight into the use of some cinematic tools that I'd not really considered as critical to the movie's "success".

I first saw it in 1969 and several times in the years immediately afterwards. I even read the book several times. Strangely enough, I actually started watching it again only a couple of days ago, before I came upon this article. I had to run some errands, so never did get back to watching it. (Only managed to get to the space station before I had to leave.)

John_Little - 17-8-2016 at 19:57

Seen it a few times and read all the books. I think that article sums it up nicely.

the bear - 17-8-2016 at 21:06

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
How many times did you watch it? Came across this on an Acoustic Guitar Forum and it raised some interesting topics that I had not considered for many years. The article would not have been out of place had it been written not long after 2001. Though it does give some good insight into the use of some cinematic tools that I'd not really considered as critical to the movie's "success".

I first saw it in 1969 and several times in the years immediately afterwards. I even read the book several times. Strangely enough, I actually started watching it again only a couple of days ago, before I came upon this article. I had to run some errands, so never did get back to watching it. (Only managed to get to the space station before I had to leave.)

An outstanding film saw it several times on the cinema and now have a copy on DVD. Its a film that never dates, the music is iconic.

Regards the Bear waveysmiley

Katzy - 18-8-2016 at 09:10

It's best seen when you're stoned, if I remember rightly.

Long time since I've had the pleasure...

Quaver - 18-8-2016 at 10:51

I've seen it several times, last time was about 5 years ago, with someone who has never watched it before. He thought it was very slow moving at the beginning, but watched it to the end:)

LSemmens - 18-8-2016 at 10:55

I never did watch it while Stoned, getting stoned whilst watching a movie would be somewhat distracting. Especially if I was innocent.

marymary100 - 18-8-2016 at 16:50

I once asked at a Uriah Heep gig what the funny smell was. Apparently everyone else in the audience was getting stoned. :D

John_Little - 18-8-2016 at 17:07

Everybody's got to get stoned

Well they stone you when you.......

marymary100 - 18-8-2016 at 17:19

In my defence I was only 15 at the time.

Katzy - 19-8-2016 at 09:50

I'm sorry, Mary. I'm afraid I can't do that.

:D

[bad img]http://www.iphonefaq.org/images/archives/Hal_Eye1.jpg[/bad img]

LSemmens - 19-8-2016 at 10:04

Let's have a little sing song