Karl`s PC Help Forums

Stargate SG1
Queen of Ra - 31-5-2013 at 12:32

I am so happy that Pick TV are showing all series of Stargate SG1 back to back. I love it! Jack O'Neill is one of the best characters ever!

QOR

scholar - 31-5-2013 at 14:41

Yes! The series was so well-written, with episodes that followed upon and mined material from earlier episodes. Thinking back, the writers of particular episodes must have submitted scripts that followed through on the ideas they had earlier--when a new character or weapon or world was established, what would happen next?

I would love to see the episode in which Jack was turned invisible--I missed it the first time around.

And I am a big fan of the beautiful and brainy Samantha Carter, who later assumed command of Atlantis.

Queen of Ra - 31-5-2013 at 16:08

I also like the episode when Jack and Teal'c are trapped in a groundhog day situation. I do believe Jack took advantage of Sam!

There are some duff ones to be sure, only to be expected over so many episodes, but the majority were great fun!

I enjoyed Atlantis too, but not Universe. Universe was way too serious and depressing.

QOR

LSemmens - 1-6-2013 at 01:17

Apparently Universe was a lot flakier than the previous incarnations. I need to watch it one day. SWMBO has seen every episode of all SGs but I have yet to watch them. Currently I'm working through Highlander, I've watched every episode in order of Dr Who in the last twelve months. SG is probably going to be next.

scholar - 1-6-2013 at 03:01

I know I saw the first season of SG-U, and I may have seen the 2nd, but I never got to see the final season. I had been watching it on a local station for the first two seasons, but I think the station dropped it for the third season.

My younger brother told me it was patterned after the newer version of Battlestar Galactica, with respect to civilian/military authority conflicts.