Karl`s PC Help Forums

Da Vinci exhibition, National Gallery, London
Quaver - 16-11-2011 at 09:59

I went to the sold out Da Vinci exhibition at the National Gallery yesterday!:banana)

Obviously, having not bought the ticket, I had to queue more than 1 1/2hrs in the cold to go in, but it was worth itkewl_glasses

Anyone wishing to go, I suggest warm clothes with a hat, and possibly something to read and a hot drink;)
Also, queue before 3pm, as the museum closes at 6pm. (I started queueing at 2:50pmredface)

Paying extra for the audio guide was well worth it:)

I thought I was going to see 9 painting/drawings by Da Vinci, so I took a lot of time at the beginning, but there was moreshocked_yellow There were 9 major paintings AND lots of sketches, so it was a lot to take in.

Was great though, highly recommendedwaveysmiley
It closes on 5th February 2012.

John_Little - 16-11-2011 at 11:00

I haven't been to the National Gallery for ages. But it used to be free!

Quaver - 16-11-2011 at 11:04

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
I haven't been to the National Gallery for ages. But it used to be free!

It's still free, except for the special exhibitions;)

marymary100 - 16-11-2011 at 17:31

Jealous!

LSemmens - 17-11-2011 at 12:57

Would it not be easier, warmer, and cheaper to go here! ;)

Quaver - 17-11-2011 at 18:17

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Would it not be easier, warmer, and cheaper to go here! ;)

True, but at the exhibition you get the real thing, not:http://www.martin-missfeldt.com/art-pictures/nefertiti-leonardo-da-vinci/last-supper-leonardo-da-vinci.php
:D:D:D

LSemmens - 18-11-2011 at 13:01

I bet they won't let you view the real thing in your own home, or let you any closer than a few miles feet so you can never truly appreciate the texture of the painting, anyway. Are they giving away free samples? lips_sealed I thought not! nananana