Karl`s PC Help Forums

The Maze Runner
Queen of Ra - 26-10-2011 at 12:36

Just finished the above book - similar theme to the Hunger Games, sort of.

A bunch of boys are taken from their lives, their memories erased and sent to the 'Maze' - which is patrolled by hideous half mechanical/half flesh creations. The idea is to solve the maze and escape, but no one can remember anything about their previous lives except for the main protagonist who thinks he may have been there before...

Took a while to get into the story but if you can get past the colloquial dialogue, its worth sticking with it. Again, another 'young adult' book, but definitely still worth a look.

For me, 7/10.

QOR

Queen of Ra - 21-11-2011 at 13:28

Ok, just finshed the sequel to this book and I have to say it is both frustrating as hell, but also kind of intriguing. The plot keeps hinting at some all important reason for the whole she-bang but doesn't get around to explaining what on earth is going on. It's driving me mental.

*sigh* no doubt I will purchase the last book in the trilogy!

QOR

John_Little - 21-11-2011 at 16:33

A Queen's gotta do what a queen's gotta do. And how can you leave a trilogy two thirds through?

waffler - 21-11-2011 at 23:19

Dunno how you can read so fast :D

LSemmens - 22-11-2011 at 12:20

Something is vaguely familiar about the plot, how old is the story? I feel that I may have read it, or something very similar in my youth, however, I really cannot recall details. Author?

Queen of Ra - 23-11-2011 at 09:11

Author is James Dashner and the copyright on this book is 2010, so I doubt you've seen this particular story before, although there may be something similar (not that I am suggesting anything).

I can read so fast Waffler, as I have many minions to take care of my day to day tasks and thus do not have to deal with trivial matters such as filling the Ra-Car with petrol or going to the supermarket. It is very agreeable :0)

QOR