Karl`s PC Help Forums

CHALLENGE - FOR JUNE !
Nimuae - 23-5-2009 at 06:37

I waited ages to catch this sunset flare. Thought it might inspire a ghost story or two - what do you think !


1) Atmosphere - eerie or peaceful ?

2) Why are you there ?

3) What is going to happen ?


Snowy - 23-5-2009 at 07:29

I am worried about this one Nimuae, nothing has jumped out at me like the last challenges.
I think this one is going to be really hard work, I am not sure my brain is up to it but I will give it my best shot.
:)


the bear - 23-5-2009 at 11:25

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
I am worried about this one Nimuae, nothing has jumped out at me like the last challenges.
I think this one is going to be really hard work, I am not sure my brain is up to it but I will give it my best shot.
:)


Snowy you think you've got problems, I'm still driving an empty bus round in the fog ;)


Regards the Bear


Snowy - 23-5-2009 at 11:47

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
I am worried about this one Nimuae, nothing has jumped out at me like the last challenges.
I think this one is going to be really hard work, I am not sure my brain is up to it but I will give it my best shot.
:)

Quote:

Snowy you think you've got problems, I'm still driving an empty bus round in the fog ;)

Haha Bear, you could say that your brain has "Fogged up":P
And I never did finish my third attempt at the "Gate"
:D


Nimuae - 23-5-2009 at 12:13

Don't worry, Snowy, something will come. It doesn't have to be a ghost - the picture is of Whitby abbey and, as Whitby has Dracula connections, ghosts were the first thing I thought of - but it could equally be a romantic tryst or even a wedding ...


Nimuae - 23-5-2009 at 12:16

AT WHITBY

Sweat trickles down between my breasts,
the wind makes macrame of my hair,
climbing up to Whitby Abbey -
just ten more steps, and I am there!
Thigh muscles screaming in protest -
but that view is worth the climb,
just to be in these hallowed ruins
is to stand on the edge of time.
Gulls and ghosts haunt these cliffs,
the glow of sunset bleeds into the sea.
As I watch the ending of a perfect day -
my contented soul flies free !


(C) Nimuae 2009


the bear - 23-5-2009 at 12:44

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
AT WHITBY

Sweat trickles down between my breasts,
the wind makes macrame of my hair,
climbing up to Whitby Abbey -
just ten more steps, and I am there!
Thigh muscles screaming in protest -
but that view is worth the climb,
just to be in these hallowed ruins
is to stand on the edge of time.
Gulls and ghosts haunt these cliffs,
the glow of sunset bleeds into the sea.
As I watch the ending of a perfect day -
my contented soul flies free !


(C) Nimuae 2009



WOW and double WOW.

Haunting words, once again thank you for sharing. waveysmiley

Best regards the Bear


Snowy - 23-5-2009 at 13:00

How can we possibly match that Nimuae?
Thats wonderful!
:)


LSemmens - 23-5-2009 at 13:55

HELP!!!! you've set a toughie, Nim! I'll sleep on this one!


the bear - 23-5-2009 at 22:33

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
HELP!!!! you've set a toughie, Nim! I'll sleep on this one!



Leigh I dont know if you've noticed but the windows havent been glazed yet waveysmiley


Regards the Bear


waffler - 24-5-2009 at 00:56

Gonna watch this from afar , as Poetry is far from one of my better subjects . :)
But I like reading the ones posted here , they are really good .

Kudo's to Snowy Nim and all others .:)


Theravad - 24-5-2009 at 08:52

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
AT WHITBY



You had me at "breasts" :D

Seriously though - wow - thanks for sharing.

T

(edit: inspired me to have a go this month though - I've missed you lot having been off the grid for a few months)


Nimuae - 24-5-2009 at 09:10

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Gonna watch this from afar , as Poetry is far from one of my better subjects . :)
But I like reading the ones posted here , they are really good .

Kudo's to Snowy Nim and all others .:)



Doesn't have to be a poem - could be a short story ! Your many and varied posts in here show that you have a way with words - go for it - I dares you !!


John_Little - 26-5-2009 at 12:05

When the monastery was built, every stone was hand carved by craftsmen. Those were the days when masons were masons and not policemen or judges’ dressing up on a Friday night with their silly handshakes and nepotism.

The mortar between each perfectly fitting stone, carefully prepared and laid, brick by brick, buttress by buttress with busy workmen scurrying up and down the wooden scaffold, their toil softened by medieval humour.

They would have seen that same sun, rise over the dewy planes signalling the start of their day; their backs sore from the previous day’s labours and their hands rough but dexterous. Each sweep of the trowel cementing a thought or a joke, a care or a concern into the fabric of the building just as every groove in a record manifests a word of a song or the twang of a string – caught in time.

And as those early rays spread over each joint, each carving mark, that architectural record of medieval endeavour, is played again and again. The cries of pain as a hammer catches a thumb, the baldy laughter, a tongue touching the corner of a mouth as a chisel is carefully aimed and struck.

A millennium ago, this place would have been alive with activity. Now, it’s hard to reconcile the tranquillity of this dawn, far from the madness of modern life, with how different it must have been back then. But if you hold your breath and tilt your camera lens – just so, you can see their ghosts, peering at you from the window and around the fluted pillars, looking for signs of admiration and appreciation of their ancient skills.


scholar - 26-5-2009 at 12:36

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
Gonna watch this from afar , as Poetry is far from one of my better subjects . :)
But I like reading the ones posted here , they are really good .

Kudo's to Snowy Nim and all others .:)


Doesn't have to be a poem - could be a short story ! Your many and varied posts in here show that you have a way with words - go for it - I dares you !!
I double-dog dare you!:P:P:P:P:P
[Cultural reference from the movie, "A Christmas Story"]


LSemmens - 26-5-2009 at 13:13

Forget the dares Scholar, 'Ave a go yer mug! Still working on mine.


LSemmens - 26-5-2009 at 13:19

Unmoving, silent
They sit
Watching, waiting
They sit
Sunrise, Sunset
They sit
Sunrise, Still...
They sit


LSemmens - 26-5-2009 at 13:31

Sunset, night has begun
The day of wars lost and won
The walls, once tall, silent
Now, shout demise, asonant


Nimuae - 26-5-2009 at 13:36

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
When the monastery was built, every stone was hand carved by craftsmen. Those were the days when masons were masons and not policemen or judges’ dressing up on a Friday night with their silly handshakes and nepotism.

The mortar between each perfectly fitting stone, carefully prepared and laid, brick by brick, buttress by buttress with busy workmen scurrying up and down the wooden scaffold, their toil softened by medieval humour.

They would have seen that same sun, rise over the dewy planes signalling the start of their day; their backs sore from the previous day’s labours and their hands rough but dexterous. Each sweep of the trowel cementing a thought or a joke, a care or a concern into the fabric of the building just as every groove in a record manifests a word of a song or the twang of a string – caught in time.

And as those early rays spread over each joint, each carving mark, that architectural record of medieval endeavour, is played again and again. The cries of pain as a hammer catches a thumb, the baldy laughter, a tongue touching the corner of a mouth as a chisel is carefully aimed and struck.

A millennium ago, this place would have been alive with activity. Now, it’s hard to reconcile the tranquility of this dawn, far from the madness of modern life, with how different it must have been back then. But if you hold your breath and tilt your camera lens – just so, you can see their ghosts, peering at you from the window and around the fluted pillars, looking for signs of admiration and appreciation of their ancient skills.


Wow - that was breath taking John!

I love the image of 'baldy' laughter, LOL.


Nimuae - 26-5-2009 at 13:37

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Unmoving, silent
They sit
Watching, waiting
They sit
Sunrise, Sunset
They sit
Sunrise, Still...
They sit


That is lovely - so few words, saying so much !


Nimuae - 26-5-2009 at 13:38

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Sunset, night has begun
The day of wars lost and won
The walls, once tall, silent
Now, shout demise, asonant


Another excellent entry - thank you.

We really do have a lot of talent in here.


John_Little - 26-5-2009 at 13:53

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae


I love the image of 'baldy' laughter, LOL.


Doh!


Snowy - 26-5-2009 at 18:00

Sunset, Sunrise......by Snowy.

Sun setting in the sea
Time to explore
The Monastry.

What is it
About this ruin
I fear somethings a'brewing.

Images appear
Before my eyes
A Nun,a Monk,I tell no lies!

They chant and wail
Is it my demise?
I cant wait for the sun to rise.

:P:Dwaveysmiley


Badgergirl - 26-5-2009 at 22:22

An Eternal Sun
Through an Inpermenant window
Remids the soul of a Changable peace.


John_Little - 27-5-2009 at 07:55

Nice one, Badger Girl! Kerouac would be impressed.


Nimuae - 27-5-2009 at 08:06

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowy
Sunset, Sunrise......by Snowy.

Sun setting in the sea
Time to explore
The Monastry.

What is it
About this ruin
I fear somethings a'brewing.

Images appear
Before my eyes
A Nun,a Monk,I tell no lies!

They chant and wail
Is it my demise?
I cant wait for the sun to rise.

:P:Dwaveysmiley


Excellent !


Nimuae - 27-5-2009 at 08:07

Quote:
Originally posted by Badgergirl
An Eternal Sun
Through an Inpermenant window
Remids the soul of a Changable peace.


That is lovely !


Snowy - 28-5-2009 at 12:32

Vampires, Bats and Ghosts.
Welcome you as hosts.
To the ruin by the sea.
Theres no admission fee !

I walk inside.
But I must confide.
That I am scared.
I am not prepared.

Thinks.."What the Heck"!
A bite on the neck.
The blood does pour.
It's a state of war!

Sun starts to rise.
Clear blue skies.
I'm out of here.
The coast is clear.

Never again!!
It's insane.
Stay away.
From that soiree!

:D:D:D:Dwaveysmiley


LSemmens - 28-5-2009 at 14:38

Good one Snowy!


John_Little - 28-5-2009 at 15:22

Yes, nice one, Snowy!

I specially liked:-

"Stay away
from that soiree"


Snowy - 28-5-2009 at 15:32

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
Yes, nice one, Snowy!

I specially liked:-

"Stay away
from that soiree"

Thanks Leigh and John, I am quite pleased with that one. I must admit that I had to Google Soiree to make sure it was the right word and to check the spelling. I think I am getting better the more I do, at least I am not using words like "meeted" anymore !!
waveysmiley


John_Little - 28-5-2009 at 19:57

Are, well, if you are using google to check words then you are right on track to be an eventual lPoet Laureate. It shows you are thinking and planning. Actually, Jim, Bombadil (plus number) has drawn up some poetry rules elsewhere which show how much of a craft it is - or can be.

You have moved on from writing the first thing that comes into your head to planning a poem. Mind you, you shouldn't plan so much you lose the art.


Snowy - 28-5-2009 at 20:37

Thanks John, I do feel I am getting better.
Who is Jim Bardnobil? His he a well known poet who I could learn from?
:)


John_Little - 28-5-2009 at 20:50

If you look back at the old posts here, you will see some poems by him. He is quite an accomplished poet (as is Nimuae, of course). I would copy and paste his post elsewhere but it might not be appreciated - by the other site, that is.


John_Little - 28-5-2009 at 20:53

Ah, having said that, it seems that he hasn't actually posted for a while or something has happened to his posts. His actual user name was Bombadil1247.


LSemmens - 29-5-2009 at 14:37

Probably disappeared in one of the earlier prunes, John. He certainly hasn't been around in my time here.


John_Little - 29-5-2009 at 14:44

He is still on the member list. I got to know him in a very small Scottish forum that folded after a while and I lost track of him. Then I noticed his name on the membership list here and sent him a PM thinking that he would at least receive an email telling him he had a message..

Having checked, he joined here in September 2004 and made 7 posts. All in the poetry forum I suspect.

Actually, thinking about it. That may have been around the time he disappeared from the Scottish forum. I think he was quite ill for a while.


Springer - 30-5-2009 at 09:18

There are some WONDERFUL poems in here already :)

I'm trying to come up with something but words are failing me at the moment.


John_Little - 30-5-2009 at 09:20

Well, now you've got to think of two poems.

:-)


Springer - 30-5-2009 at 09:30

YES! Faint! :o


marymary100 - 30-5-2009 at 09:37

It doesn't have to be poetry of course although you all seem to prefer that genre. :)


John_Little - 30-5-2009 at 09:38

Well, if you actually bother to read my entry for June, you would have seen that that is not the case!

:P


marymary100 - 30-5-2009 at 10:27

I said which one you prefer, not what you posted. :P


the bear - 30-5-2009 at 17:18

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
It doesn't have to be poetry of course although you all seem to prefer that genre. :)



I like poetry and write some at times but tend to write prose, it would be boring if we were all the same.

Regards the Bear


Nimuae - 30-5-2009 at 17:56

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer
YES! Faint! :o



Hi Springer - good to see you. June hasn't actually started yet - so you have plenty of time!


Nimuae - 30-5-2009 at 17:57

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
He is still on the member list. I got to know him in a very small Scottish forum that folded after a while and I lost track of him. Then I noticed his name on the membership list here and sent him a PM thinking that he would at least receive an email telling him he had a message..

Having checked, he joined here in September 2004 and made 7 posts. All in the poetry forum I suspect.

Actually, thinking about it. That may have been around the time he disappeared from the Scottish forum. I think he was quite ill for a while.



Both Bombadil and his wife have been quite ill. I think things are on the mend now - so he may venture back again !


Nimuae - 30-5-2009 at 18:07

For those of you who may be interested in the 'rules' of poetry, I have always found this site to be a great help:-


http://www.poetry-online.org/writing-poetry.htm


and here are a few more that may be useful:-

http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/uk_law_summary

http://www.greatwriting.co.uk/

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1217845


Nimuae - 30-5-2009 at 18:09

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
It doesn't have to be poetry of course although you all seem to prefer that genre. :)



I like poetry and write some at times but tend to write prose, it would be boring if we were all the same.

Regards the Bear


Bear - you could not be boring if you tried !


the bear - 30-5-2009 at 18:46

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
It doesn't have to be poetry of course although you all seem to prefer that genre. :)



I like poetry and write some at times but tend to write prose, it would be boring if we were all the same.

Regards the Bear


Bear - you could not be boring if you tried !


Thank you kind lady.

Regards the Bear


scholar - 31-5-2009 at 03:42

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
I love the image of 'baldy' laughter, LOL.
Do the bald laugh differently than others? I never noticed! rollarf rollarf rollarf


Nimuae - 31-5-2009 at 08:57

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
I love the image of 'baldy' laughter, LOL.
Do the bald laugh differently than others? I never noticed! rollarf rollarf rollarf


I feel a 'research' opportunity coming on !:D


the bear - 31-5-2009 at 09:03

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
I love the image of 'baldy' laughter, LOL.
Do the bald laugh differently than others? I never noticed! rollarf rollarf rollarf


I feel a 'research' opportunity coming on !:D


I've been doing quite a lot of research of late mainly on Whitby Abbey, I hope to be able to post my out pourings quite soon.

Regards the Bear waveysmiley


Nimuae - 2-6-2009 at 18:11

I look forward to that Bear !


Nimuae - 2-6-2009 at 20:46

Springer asked for a larger pic of Whitby Abbey - so here goes


No - not going to do it!


Nimuae - 2-6-2009 at 20:49

Second try ... Made it !!


Springer - 3-6-2009 at 07:39

Thanks Nimuae :D


John_Little - 3-6-2009 at 07:47

So, has it helped?


LSemmens - 3-6-2009 at 08:12

Does this mean we all have to write a bigger story? shocked_yellow:D


Springer - 3-6-2009 at 08:46

Yes and yes!!! brshteeth


Springer - 3-6-2009 at 09:12

Here's mine now!


[bad img]http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/VisualPoems/TheAbbey.jpg[/bad img]


John_Little - 3-6-2009 at 10:03

Now, that, is brilliant!


Mary2 - 3-6-2009 at 10:05

That's one to beat certainly! :)


Springer - 3-6-2009 at 11:41

:o Thank you so much you two. :)


Snowy - 3-6-2009 at 11:58

No contest !!!.....Beautiful Springer !

ps, you have just made me feel very inadequate..:D


Springer - 3-6-2009 at 12:00

Snowy, you're poems are beautiful! :D I mean that. :)


Snowy - 3-6-2009 at 12:02

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer
Snowy, you're poems are beautiful! :D I mean that. :)

I try my best, thats all you can do at the end of the day. I think it is fun though, I enjoy it very much.
waveysmiley


Springer - 3-6-2009 at 12:12

It IS fun which is the main thing, and you do it VERY well.


Mary2 - 4-6-2009 at 12:27

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae



Royals visited in times past
United by belief in their higher power
Inviolate, invincible
Now rotted away
Escaping from religious shackles
Dappled light filters through

All who see should tremble
Before me
Bow down in
Easy genuflection
Yesterday shapes tomorrow


Nimuae - 4-6-2009 at 12:31

That is lovely Mary2 - thank you.


John_Little - 4-6-2009 at 12:39

Lovely but confusing.

I thought it was yours, Mary2 but the Nimuae quote at the top made me go back all through the thread to see if you were quoting one of Nimuae's poems.

But, having established that its not, well done.

But dont talk to me about "genuflection", my knee is still sore from the op.


John_Little - 4-6-2009 at 12:41

Ah! Springer! I have just "spotted the difference"!

Your picture is almost the same angle as Nimuae's but taken further back so you can see more of the Abbey - without the sunset.


Mary2 - 4-6-2009 at 14:37

I was trying to include the photo but it didn't work. It's supposed to be read downwards as well

:(


Springer - 4-6-2009 at 15:14

Mary that is CLEVER! Ruined Abbey! I like it :D

Yes, John, I didn't have enough on the right for the cross on Nimuae's alas.


John_Little - 4-6-2009 at 15:14

Blimey! I didn't realise that, Mary2! So it does!

In that case it is especially excellent. That must have taken a bit of thought and work.

Well impressed.


LSemmens - 4-6-2009 at 15:33

Clever lady, Mary! We'll have to promote you to Mod for that! nananana


LSemmens - 4-6-2009 at 15:56

Clever lady, Mary! We'll have to promote you to Mod for that! nananana


scholar - 16-6-2009 at 18:16

I am posting to bump this to the top, in case a reminder will encourage any further efforts. It has sunk on our pages while some of our people have been absent.

If anyone is distressed at this bump post, I am willing to have a mod delete it, to keep the thread tidier.;)


Snowy - 16-6-2009 at 18:47

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I am posting to bump this to the top, in case a reminder will encourage any further efforts. It has sunk on our pages while some of our people have been absent.

If anyone is distressed at this bump post, I am willing to have a mod delete it, to keep the thread tidier.;)

Thanks Scholar, I am afraid I am done on this theme, my brain has stopped working.
I look forward very much to the July challenge though, I hope Nimuae picks something simple.
waveysmileywaveysmiley


scholar - 16-6-2009 at 19:03

That's OK, Snowy. I have not posted on any of the challenges yet, myself.

I have been focusing my efforts on information and conversation posts. (But, when I get a working camera, I'll be jumping in on some others. ;))


the bear - 16-6-2009 at 22:18

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
I am posting to bump this to the top, in case a reminder will encourage any further efforts. It has sunk on our pages while some of our people have been absent.

If anyone is distressed at this bump post, I am willing to have a mod delete it, to keep the thread tidier.;)


Thats a kind thought Scholar and much appreciated by laggards like myself. Still working on my submittion but its getting there.


Regards the Bear


the bear - 16-6-2009 at 23:12

Watch out theres a bus coming ;)


Regards the Bear


scholar - 16-6-2009 at 23:22

shocked_yellow You're still working on the bus?shocked_yellow

Perhaps you will have it ready to send out with your Christmas cards.


the bear - 17-6-2009 at 00:00

I now have an idea for the "Bus" but its not my usual style. but yes I'm still working on it. It would be ungracious to not contribute after Nimuea has gone to the trouble of coming up with the subjects and taking such an interest in everyones submittions.


Regards the Bear


Springer - 17-6-2009 at 06:43

Looking forward to it bear :D


the bear - 17-6-2009 at 07:00

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer
Looking forward to it bear :D


As Scholar has implied it may come out as a christmas card.
The Bus is still just an Idea. I'm currently applying my efforts the Junes challenge, Whitby Abbey


Regards the Bear


LSemmens - 17-6-2009 at 13:14

A suggestion, Scholar, you may get some better responses if you posted here, rather than re-hash American Politics.


Nimuae - 18-6-2009 at 20:38

Quote:
Originally posted by Springer
Looking forward to it bear :D


Yep - so am I !


the bear - 25-6-2009 at 10:26

Sorry this is a bit late!!!

Non ominis moriar.

The Easterly that blew on the North Sea abated in the late afternoon; the foaming white capped breakers that had pounded the rocky cliffs are now no more than a gentle swell.
Guillemots and Fulmars glide and soar in the thermal air. The warmth of a Zephyr caresses the face of the cliff as it carries a host of Black headed gulls high above the promontory amid a melee of cries.

Atop the headland the remains of the once proud and ancient abbey lie in decay, yet the abiding stonework luxuriates in the sunshine, the slanting warmth seeking to revive the aged structure. The trefoil windows and rows of high ribbed arches cast long shadows in the evening light. Gothic monoliths stand as sentinels, a testament to the endeavour of the artisans that fashioned the stone so many years ago.

Far out to sea the fire orange shines and shimmers on the pale waters of the horizon, dipping and dancing, finally sinking from sight, its final act brings darkness to the land.
The throwing of this inky cloak signals the start of the procession. A lantern lit, the first step trod, the assemblage begin to climb.
The troubadours take the lead; strains of flute and fiddle fill the night, the Madrigal choir picks up the rhythm. “Caedmon’s call” emanates from the throng as booted feet rise and fall on the steep stone steps.

Following the footfalls of the penitent, the worn treads lead the celebrants upward, leaving the harbour and town far below.
A balmy night breeze tinged with a scent of heather crosses the hillside; fragrant air that refreshes the group as they climb ever higher.
One hundred and ninety nine steps of atonement complete the happy band spill out onto the grassed crown, the abbey’s skeletal ruins rising before them like the ribs of some nocturnal dinosaur.

In daylight hours this broken basilica stands with a pride that is borne of age, a cradle of Christianity, a beacon for mariners, and a sanctuary for the weary pilgrim that was founded by St Hild long ago. The haunting remains cry out, they speak from the past of a place of learning and its love of God.
But when night falls an eerie atmosphere rolls in with the ground mist, the cold silence broken only by the baying of the wind. The ruins don a dark ambiance, a genus loci with spectres of the Black night and Dracula.

A distant grumble of thunder focused the gathering; a ghost hand lifted the veil of cloud that hung low over the ruins. The emerging moon bathed the Quadrangle with silver fingers of lunar light; Moon washed the priestess was seen buy the group, she stood with arms outstretched in a gesture of welcome. Tall and lithe this maiden stood before them enveloped in a satin cloak.

In one fluid move the priestess drew her sword, holding it in both hands the blade was offered to the heavens.
As the invocation became audible the chosen stepped forward.
The ceremony was beginning……….


Regards the Bear


Nimuae - 25-6-2009 at 10:45

Wow - I love that ! You build up the atmosphere and draw the reader in quite brilliantly. Thank you Bear !


Springer - 25-6-2009 at 11:41

Excellent! Well worth the wait :D


LSemmens - 25-6-2009 at 13:01

You win! A brilliant piece of work O'Bear! How can we compete against such as that?


the bear - 25-6-2009 at 18:50

Thank you all for those kind words of encouragement, I'm really enjoying the challenges. Just wish I could work to a tighter deadline.


Regards the Bear


the bear - 26-6-2009 at 07:43

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
You win! A brilliant piece of work O'Bear! How can we compete against such as that?


Thank you Leigh but I think we have a lot of writing talent on here that we havent seen yet.

Ps You havent had the wheels off my bus have you, the engine is still running, its still foggy but its jacked up on four piles of bricks now?


Regards the Bear


Snowy - 26-6-2009 at 07:45

Excellent Bear, well done!
waveysmiley


LSemmens - 26-6-2009 at 13:26

{sings}The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and.......{/sings}


the bear - 26-6-2009 at 16:09

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
{sings}The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and.......{/sings}



Thats if the driver and the conductor ever come back?


Regards the Bear


the bear - 27-6-2009 at 20:10

Cant wait for the challenge for July, in the mean time I'll try and get the bus going ;););)


Regards the Bear


the bear - 22-7-2009 at 21:57

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
shocked_yellow You're still working on the bus?shocked_yellow

Perhaps you will have it ready to send out with your Christmas cards.



After a lot of detective work I have found out that Leigh Semmens is the culprit that stole the wheels off my bus. I plan to get them back, by stealth if need be.

So for anyone that maybe still waiting, The bus will be along soon :)


Regards the Bear waveysmiley


John_Little - 22-7-2009 at 22:16

probably four will come along at once!


the bear - 22-7-2009 at 22:49

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
probably four will come along at once!



I'll settle for one bus but on four wheels!


Regards the Bear


waffler - 23-7-2009 at 01:05

London buses are like Bananas they come in Bunches :)


the bear - 23-7-2009 at 01:07

Quote:
Originally posted by waffler
London buses are like Bananas they come in Bunches :)


Only if they've got wheels that is.


Regards the Bear


John_Little - 23-7-2009 at 08:18

I think that's why they all stick together. For protection. If they didn't they could lose their wheels along the way.


LSemmens - 25-7-2009 at 03:14

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear

After a lot of detective work I have found out that Leigh Semmens is the culprit that stole the wheels off my bus.


Hey!!! I resemble that!!!

I'm totally innocent of any wrongdoing
It wasn't me
I didn't do it
Nobody saw me
You can't prove a thing.

(I made sure of that) {thinks} Bear'll never find those wheels in Scholar's place, 'cause Scholar doesn't even know he's got them. {/thinks}