Karl`s PC Help Forums

Anyone seen the new Hamlet?
Redwolf5150 - 16-9-2008 at 02:36

One of my LJ friends has tickets to see the production of Hamlet staring David Tennent and Patrick Stewart.

After reading this review in the Times online

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/stage/theatre/article4466565.ece

I assured her I was very, VERY green with envy.

Anyone on this board lucky enough to have seen it?

confused2

Dreamweaver - 16-9-2008 at 12:04

I haven't but if Patrick Stewart is in it, it's bound to be good.
He's a great actor with a voice that set's me all a flutter :P

John_Little - 16-9-2008 at 13:08

Blimey, talk about "star-studded". More stars than a Christmas panto.

But I can't see David Tennant giving the role the gravity it seems to me to cry out for.

Redwolf5150 - 16-9-2008 at 13:17

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
Blimey, talk about "star-studded". More stars than a Christmas panto.

But I can't see David Tennant giving the role the gravity it seems to me to cry out for.

The review says he does.

And then you have Patrick Stewart as the evil Uncle to make up for any shortcomings Tennant has.

I'd go see it.

kewl_glasses

John_Little - 16-9-2008 at 13:19

Well, I'd go see it because I'm a fan of both of them. Tennant is very good and very versatile, but always keeps this glint in his eye that suggests he may be joking.

marymary100 - 16-9-2008 at 20:28

Wish I had - too far away for a jaunt under normal circumstances.

LSemmens - 18-9-2008 at 12:33

How are the going to fit the Tardis and the Enterprise into Hamlet? It sounds fascinating!
Seriously, that is one show that I would love to see. I agree that Patrick Stewart will lend a good character to the play. David Tennant, from the interviews that I have seen (all Dr Who related), may just surprise. I suspect that there is far more depth to him than the, almost, flippant character that he plays in Dr Who. I've not seen him in any other shows, so cannot comment upon his other acting efforts.

Of the actors I'd most like to see "in the flesh", per se, Patrick Stewart and Sean Connery would be at the top of my list!

Redwolf5150 - 18-9-2008 at 12:55

I'd go see Patrick Stewart read the phone book.

kewl_glasses

giron - 19-9-2008 at 00:51

I'd go and see David Tennant reading from an Argos catalogue, whilst balancing numerous half pint glasses on his willy! shocked_yellow

TooCute4Words - 19-9-2008 at 09:15

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
I'd go and see David Tennant reading from an Argos catalogue, whilst balancing numerous half pint glasses on his willy! shocked_yellow

Nevermind Dr Who, your'e going off-topic waggyfinger

Now, HAMLET.. Click Here

1. Watch

2. Learn

3. Digest and Breathe in :D