Karl`s PC Help Forums

FYI: How The World Potty Trains (An Anecdotal Overview Of Various Countries)
JackInCT - 31-10-2017 at 13:59

A rather lengthy article on CNN that cannot be summarized given the amount of detail in it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/health/potty-training-parenting-without-borders-explainer/index.html

As usual there is likely a time limit as to how long the URL will be active before the article is archived; after that a reader will have to do a search on the website to find it.

A segment of the article is devoted to the UK & the USA.

NOTE: the accompanying pix for the article on the website is one of a little girl; it's not completely well lit, etc.,. Before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion as to what the mess is on the girl's arm, take a close look at what's in her hand [IMO not a great choice for a pix for such anarticle].

MY choice for an embedded pix is based on Freud. To a small child, the first crisis they face, and attempt a reconciliation of a significant inner conflict, and instinct, in their life, is why in the world anyone would ever want to get rid of the most precious personally crafted gift a child could ever present to mommy and daddy. Lesson #1 re the role of immovable authority in one's life.

While I'm at it, the place of child proofing devices in one's home for even infrequent visits of young children is.......... I am VERY VERY unhappy with my embedded pix on the lack thereof.

John_Little - 31-10-2017 at 14:20

We tended towards using a whip and a chair.

JackInCT - 31-10-2017 at 15:56

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
We tended towards using a whip and a chair.

Was that before, OR after, you became aware of passive aggressive behavior?

LSemmens - 1-11-2017 at 00:58

Do kids go to the toilet? I've never seen that.......:D

John_Little - 1-11-2017 at 08:56

Quote:
Originally posted by JackInCT

Was that before, OR after, you became aware of passive aggressive behavior?

Another excellently sourced cartoon, Jack. But I think I was prompted by the lion tamer joke about the trainee lion tamer. Who was told that as a last resort, if the lion gets out of control, grab a handful of excrement and rub it in his face. What if there isn't any excrement the novice asks. The reply, "believe me, if the chair and the whip fail, there will be excrement."