Karl`s PC Help Forums

An extraordinary idea !
Nimuae - 12-7-2017 at 19:56

I have a friend who regularly attends at Slimming World. She is doing really well having come down from a size 24 to a size 20 in about 2 months. Unfortunately, losing so much weight so quickly has left her with a really saggy lump of belly fat. I suggested exercise - sit ups etc., but, apparently, her SW adviser does not agree with exercise at all - says it is a waste of time.

Her advice is - buy a large jar of Vick Vapour rub and massage it into the belly fat twice a day - and the fat will go.

I have never heard such an extraordinary idea and wondered if anyone else had? How on earth can Vick remove fat?

marymary100 - 12-7-2017 at 20:13

LOL is my first response. However, several websites including this one - https://steptohealth.com/10-amazing-alternate-uses-vicks-vaporub/ - claim that

Quote:
All you need to do is mix up a cream using Vicks VapoRub, camphor, baking soda, and a little rubbing alcohol. Once you’ve prepared your cream, rub it onto the areas you want to target and cover them with plastic wrap. You can do this at home, at work, or even before you exercise.

Nimuae - 12-7-2017 at 21:26

Thanks for the link - I still think it is weird!!

Mind you - my GP used to recommend WD40 for creaky knees - and that did work!

scholar - 12-7-2017 at 21:52

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae

shocked_yellow
What?confused2
Did you spray it at the person with the creaky knees, and then they left you in peace?:P

JackInCT - 13-7-2017 at 02:39

Quote:
...left her with a really saggy lump of belly fat...

It seems to me that it would be better to err on the side of caution and have that "lump" diagnosed by a physician, even if it isn't causing pain/isn't discolored/etc.,.

scholar - 13-7-2017 at 08:20

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
LOL is my first response. However, several websites including this one - https://steptohealth.com/10-amazing-alternate-uses-vicks-vaporub/ - claim that

Quote:
All you need to do is mix up a cream using Vicks VapoRub, camphor, baking soda, and a little rubbing alcohol. Once you’ve prepared your cream, rub it onto the areas you want to target and cover them with plastic wrap. You can do this at home, at work, or even before you exercise.

I looked at the whole list on the link, and several of them look good. I am inclined to use the generic version of the ointment, if I can get the same results--Vicks is expensive!

Nimuae - 13-7-2017 at 08:35

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:

shocked_yellow
What?confused2
Did you spray it at the person with the creaky knees, and then they left you in peace?:P

The creaky knees were my own, Scholar. They were hurting due to a fall. I sprayed them with the WD40, massaged it in and it relieved the pain.

Nimuae - 13-7-2017 at 08:39

Quote:
Originally posted by JackInCT
Quote:

It seems to me that it would be better to err on the side of caution and have that "lump" diagnosed by a physician, even if it isn't causing pain/isn't discolored/etc.,.

It is just flabby flesh, Jack. She is only 5ft 2ins tall - and weighs 17 stone! Too much food and no exercise. It is good that she is doing something about it now.

LSemmens - 13-7-2017 at 09:29

If you want to lose weight, then replacing fat with muscle is not the way to do it, FWIW, muscle weighs more than fat. However.... Muscle weight is good weight. :D

marymary100 - 13-7-2017 at 09:44

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100

Quote:

I looked at the whole list on the link, and several of them look good. I am inclined to use the generic version of the ointment, if I can get the same results--Vicks is expensive!

One thing I use it for is to put it into my nose when I'm going to be teaching a class with a bad body odour problem. The unwashed teen is something best avoided sense-wise. Vicks is not expensive imo.

marymary100 - 26-7-2017 at 09:04

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by JackInCT
Quote:

It is just flabby flesh, Jack. She is only 5ft 2ins tall - and weighs 17 stone! Too much food and no exercise. It is good that she is doing something about it now.

Have you an update on how it worked?

John_Little - 26-7-2017 at 09:18

Well, she can certainly breathe more easily.