Karl`s PC Help Forums

It's life, Jim, but not as we know it!
LSemmens - 10-7-2016 at 11:23

Titan may harbour life but not as we know it. A future mission to land a probe on the moon might confirm, or deny, the speculation.

Quaver - 10-7-2016 at 14:46

There must be life out there, even if it's a tiny bacteria:)

scholar - 11-7-2016 at 00:20

The complexities of living organisms on Earth point to intelligent design. Charles Darwin's evolutionary theories were proposed at a time when the intricate complexities of the parts necessary for cells to maintain life and function were not known and understood as they are today. He recognized that complex structures such as the eye were a problem for naturalistic evolution.

So, the key question with respect to life on other astronomical bodies is, "Did the Creator have a reason to create life there, as well?"

LSemmens - 11-7-2016 at 06:31

Whilst I side with intelligent design, and the Creation account, I do not think that we are truly alone in the Universe. I would suggest that there may well be life out there, but, as our old friend Spock, used to say "Not as we know it".

Katzy - 11-7-2016 at 10:26

My priest, when I was in Sahfend, was so convinced that the Earth was the only place that had life, that his entire faith would crumble, if life was found, elsewhere.

In his view, the Bible states that life was created here and nowhere else.

marymary100 - 11-7-2016 at 11:20

If you buy into the intelligent design theory why would you not think there was life elsewhere? Why would some creator create the universe just to allow for life on one tiny bit of it?

How arrogant humans are, if they think they are the ultimate and final part of the design experiment.

LSemmens - 12-7-2016 at 02:50

We are created in God's image (whether that be a physical image or a ethereal, that, we do not know) which would tend to indicate that we are at the top of the heap as far as life goes. It does not tell us that there is no other life forms in the Universe. Just that we are the peak of life. (Scary thought, isn't it?) I fully expect to find that there is life out there, but only on a very basic scale. I was listening to a series of lectures by "The Teaching Company" on just that premise, The search for intelligent life in space. The lecturer there propounded many good reasons why we might be the pinnacle of life, but also looked at the possibility of extra terrestrial life and the chances of finding it, or it finding us. Well worth a listen. I've listened to a few lectures from this source and, whilst I may not always agree with some of the ideas put forth, they are always well researched and well presented.

marymary100 - 12-7-2016 at 07:56

If God is perfect we are hardly in her image.

LSemmens - 13-7-2016 at 15:16

Who says God is a she?

marymary100 - 13-7-2016 at 15:24

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Who says God is a she?

Who says God isn't, or at least has no feminine qualities?