Karl`s PC Help Forums

Modafinil
marymary100 - 20-8-2015 at 15:41

Is a drug that is taken for narcolepsy but has also been found to be a "smart drug" which makes the user more receptive to learning new things.

link

Quote:

A new analysis of the research revealed it does improve planning and decision making, flexibility, learning and memory, and even creativity.
The findings raise serious ethical questions about whether modafinil should be ‘classified, condoned or condemned’

Would you take a pill that made you smarter?

Nimuae - 20-8-2015 at 16:03

No - I don't do drugs at all.

Well - maybe the odd glass of red - if that counts!waveysmiley

LSemmens - 21-8-2015 at 00:31

I'm wondering if the "learning effect" might have something to do with the fact that the people taking the drug are not as tired (as their sleep is much improved). Some more study required, methinks.

That said, I might consider it as I'm already on enough drugs to sink a (toy) battleship... Alright,,,,, a small one.

delanti - 21-8-2015 at 15:03

If it had been available 50 years ago I might not have made so many mistakes.lips_sealed

the bear - 21-8-2015 at 20:49

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Is a drug that is taken for narcolepsy but has also been found to be a "smart drug" which makes the user more receptive to learning new things.

link
Quote:

A new analysis of the research revealed it does improve planning and decision making, flexibility, learning and memory, and even creativity.
The findings raise serious ethical questions about whether modafinil should be ‘classified, condoned or condemned’

Would you take a pill that made you smarter?

Its marketed under the name Pro-Vigil, and is very expensive! If you can get your GP to give you a private prescription it will set you back approx £150.00 for a months supply (one tablet per day).
Most doctors are reluctant to issue it on the NHS.

Regards the Bear waveysmiley

Katzy - 22-8-2015 at 08:46

I could be smarter? shocked_yellow