Karl`s PC Help Forums

What think you?
LSemmens - 17-3-2009 at 12:42

Mother Appeals For Girlfriend For Adopted Son
Has she done the right thing or should she stay well out of it?

Quaver - 17-3-2009 at 15:21

She should stay well out! If he wants a girlfriend, I'm sure he can fine one himself:) (Perhaps he could start by shaving:D)

waffler - 17-3-2009 at 15:40

Good job there aint too many mothers like that

marymary100 - 17-3-2009 at 16:33

I read this yesterday and it raises all sorts of privacy issues - will she go online next when he does manage to have sex for the first time? Sex and disablement is a thorny subject and at least she recognises it as normal but to go to the papers was a step too far imo.

delanti - 17-3-2009 at 19:04

I knew it was my mothers fault.lips_sealed

BobbyKatLittleCub - 17-3-2009 at 22:01

Hmm... If I were her, I would never advertise for a mate or sex for my son. However, I would help him get involved with a social group with people with disabilities like himself...

Daz - 17-3-2009 at 22:06

Quote:
Originally posted by BobbyKatLittleCub
Hmm... If I were her, I would never advertise for a mate or sex for my son. However, I would help him get involved with a social group with people with disabilities like himself...

I would just get him doing normal things, I wouldn't keep him segregated at all, and certainly not wrap him in cotton wool and s/mother him.

BobbyKatLittleCub - 18-3-2009 at 03:06

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
Quote:

I would just get him doing normal things, I wouldn't keep him segregated at all, and certainly not wrap him in cotton wool and s/mother him.

That's not what I meant at all... I am multiply disabled myself, and would feel more sociable talking with people that are more like myself, I did not mean to totally segregate him from everyone else or keep him from other social or other activities, and I certainly would not wrap him in cotton wool and s/mother him.

I'm tired of being attacked when I post my opinions. I'm done here.

Daz - 18-3-2009 at 09:33

Quote:

WTF???

I was giving my opinion/thoughts/whatever. I was not attacking you FFS.

I'm sorry you took it the wrong way, but I'm not sorry for my post, because I didn't "attack you".

Great start to morning eh...! lips_sealed

Quaver - 18-3-2009 at 12:28

We won't know how the mother feels unless one is in exactly the same position as her. But I stand by my comment of getting him a shave;)

LSemmens - 18-3-2009 at 14:14

In making the OP, I certainly wasn't attempting to cause anyone offence. Like most, I felt that it was one line that the mother should not have crossed. Help and encourage him to meet someone but certainly not become the "matchmaker".

LSemmens - 18-3-2009 at 14:17

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
Quote:

WTF???

I was giving my opinion/thoughts/whatever. I was not attacking you FFS.

I'm sorry you took it the wrong way, but I'm not sorry for my post, because I didn't "attack you".

Great start to morning eh...! lips_sealed

On re-read, I suspect that BobbyKat took your comment as addressing her because you quoted her. Had your reply been alone, it may not have been interpreted as such. Just a thought.

marymary100 - 18-3-2009 at 17:04

I hope that BobbyKat and Daz will resolve this themselves without our intervention/interpretation

Daz - 18-3-2009 at 21:18

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
I hope that BobbyKat and Daz will resolve this themselves without our intervention/interpretation

I PM'd her/him this am and apologised, and explained t'was not my intention to offend him/her, and offered an apology for causing any upset, but not for my post...

I can do no more than that....

I guess Leigh does have a point. Rather over sensitive though, if you ask me.

marymary100 - 18-3-2009 at 21:23

Thanks for trying.

Nimuae - 18-3-2009 at 21:36

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
In making the OP, I certainly wasn't attempting to cause anyone offence. Like most, I felt that it was one line that the mother should not have crossed. Help and encourage him to meet someone but certainly not become the "matchmaker".

I totally agree. By all means try to involve him in social groups where he is likely to make friends and maybe find a girl friend, but that is as far as she should go.