Karl`s PC Help Forums

M6 Toll Road
victor - 11-1-2008 at 19:52

The M6toll road is almost empty for most of the day, so what do they do? put the prices up. surely anyone with an ounce of sense would think "if we drop our prices people will use us and we might make a profit." ;)

TooCute4Words - 11-1-2008 at 20:09

I know about that toll road, I use it when commuting from London to Manchester and you can go through without using the Toll-road, which I always do :D Just stay in the left lane and take the diversion which is free.

So far as fairness is concerned.

Road Tax

Toll Roads

The fair idea is one or the other. In the UK, the government want money, money, money, so they introduce both :D

Well, that's fairness out the window :(

In regards to raising the prices, Well most people do what I do and avoid the Toll road and pay nothing.

(((((((WE NOT STUPID)))))))) :D:D:D:D:D:D

marymary100 - 11-1-2008 at 20:15

Where there are viable alternatives people will use the cheaper option. Tolls are only used where either there is a significant reduction in travel time to the other road or there is no other road at all.

the bear - 12-1-2008 at 07:52

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Where there are viable alternatives people will use the cheaper option. Tolls are only used where either there is a significant reduction in travel time to the other road or there is no other road at all.

Scotland has shown us all the way forward by scapping all its bridge tolls.

Regards the Bear

LSemmens - 12-1-2008 at 11:34

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear

Regards the Bear

Were you meaning that the Scots were scalping bridge tolls? How do they do that, pay the toll and then sell their paid toll to the highest bidder? Sounds more Irish to me! nananana

the bear - 13-1-2008 at 06:20

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Quote:
Originally posted by the bear

Regards the Bear

Were you meaning that the Scots were scalping bridge tolls? How do they do that, pay the toll and then sell their paid toll to the highest bidder? Sounds more Irish to me! nananana [/quote

Nah thats not howit works, they have sniffer dogs at both ends of the bridge that sniff out anybody smelling even vaguely of "kangeroo" or "Aussie grog", these travellers get scalped (pelts hung off the "A" frame) everybody else crosses free.

Gday Leigh.

Regards the Bear waveysmiley

LSemmens - 13-1-2008 at 12:48

Good thing that I'm of Scottish descent then, isn't it!