Karl`s PC Help Forums

Hiw embarrassment!
LSemmens - 1-7-2017 at 08:17

I am attending a community forum on planning and infrastructure so am spending a night in the big smoke. So far, so good. I go to get the wired mouse out that I brought with, and lo and behold it would not work (shades of the dust on the roller problems) so I flew into Jaycar this morning just to pick up a cheapie to get me through the weekend. No probs, I thought. Got back to the venue in time, pulled mouse out and plugged it it. Cordless mouse, Yes, Windoze recognises it, but I get nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Maybe I put the battery in backwards, nope, all good on that front. So I worked through the day without a mouse. Manage to get back to Jaycar just before closing time and explain to the young man, my problem. He remembered me from the morning. After a couple of secs he pulls the battery out and proceeds to remove the plastic wrap from the battery! Stoopid!!! Moi????????redface

marymary100 - 1-7-2017 at 08:52

:D

scholar - 1-7-2017 at 16:15

I have more often had the opposite problem--some items have a plastic tab that sticks out so that it can be pulled, allowing the customer to see the item work with the battery connected. But, if the flashlight/tech device/toy is left on for hours or days, the battery may be fully drained.:(