Karl`s PC Help Forums

33.86 Petflops and counting!
LSemmens - 21-8-2015 at 14:46

My computer is now sulking! For the fifth consecutive time, Tianhe-2, a supercomputer developed by China’s National University of Defense Technology, has retained its position as the world’s No. 1 system, according to the 45th edition of the twice-yearly TOP500 list of the world’s most powerful supercomputers.

victor - 21-8-2015 at 15:35

If I could find a way of stopping all the advertising junk downloading I'm sure that would increase my Pftlop rating.

Katzy - 22-8-2015 at 08:51

If you could install Windoze, on those, I wonder how the speed would be...

JackInCT - 22-8-2015 at 13:32

Quote:
Originally posted by victor
If I could find a way of stopping all the advertising junk downloading I'm sure that would increase my Pftlop rating.

I'm a long term user of Ad Block Plus and Ghostery (both free), and I have had zero problems with either of them/I give them an A++ recommendation; and they both allow an end user creation of a white list on whatever webpages they are interfering (blocking) with whatever it is on them that you wish to view.

JackInCT - 22-8-2015 at 13:36

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
If you could install Windoze, on those, I wonder how the speed would be...

Intel announced the development of its next generation of desktop oriented chips a few weeks ago; needless to say, their top of the line are quite expensive. I'm not remembering when they expect to market them.