Karl`s PC Help Forums

Xiaoice, A Chinese (Only Re Language) Chatbot That Works With Their Version Of Cortana
JackInCT - 4-8-2015 at 16:24

Xiaoice, A Chinese (Only Re Language) Chatbot That Works With Their Version Of Cortana

There is a major hardcopy article (and an online digital article for paid subscribers) in today's NY Times (08/04/15) about Xiaoice (too long to paste here). It is a computer based end user and computer program real time conversational interaction.

I had never heard of it before, and a Google type search confirms one of the article's points that it has taken China by storm and has a huge fan base since it's introduction in 2014.

It is an MS product, and apparently it is, at this moment, 'confined' to smartphone users that have Cortana, i. e., I could not find any counterpart software for MS OSs desktop PCs (even in China).

I am not going to attempt to describe Xiaoice in this topic post, except to say that it 'mimics (perhaps replicates?)' human interpersonal interaction (communication?), i. e., I think that anyone interested in this would be better served by doing a search (it will take some in depth reading to comprehend how it works, etc., for the uninitiated).

It strikes me that, based on the various articles, that this is one of the most successful machine-human interactive programs that has ever been created. The implications that it is has gained such a huge following are?????