Karl`s PC Help Forums

FYI: Adobe Flash URL For Version Check Update
JackInCT - 16-7-2015 at 18:16

In a leaving no stone unturned re whether I was current with the latest release of Flash, I searched out Adobe and got the following webpage re the latest info re security updates (release date 07/14/15):

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb15-18.html

I individually checked each of my 4 browsers re what version of Flash was running in each browser, i. e., in a one size doesn't always fit all, i. e. #2 one (single) download update doesn't apparently 'take' in all 4 browsers, my Opera browser needed to be updated individually by running a Flash video, etc. re the URL instructions.

Likely the most important set of info in this lengthly URL is the following (verbatim):

"To verify the version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your system, access the About Flash Player page, or right-click on content running in Flash Player and select "About Adobe (or Macromedia) Flash Player" from the menu. If you use multiple browsers, perform the check for each browser you have installed on your system."

Katzy - 17-7-2015 at 09:45

I have mine set to remind me to update.

The other worry, for me, about Flash/Adobe, is the way that Chrome is almost forced upon you, when you install Flash. I wouldn't use Chrome if it was the only browser available. I abhor it, with a passion!

LSemmens - 17-7-2015 at 13:12

Quote:
Originally posted by Katzy
I have mine set to remind me to update.

The other worry, for me, about Flash/Adobe, is the way that Chrome is almost forced upon you, when you install Flash. I wouldn't use Chrome if it was the only browser available. I abhor it, with a passion!

Ditto!!!!!