Karl`s PC Help Forums

Bought a printer
charles - 17-4-2015 at 15:09

bought a canon printer 2350 and set it all up and then the ink cartridges would not fit in so that has to go back, they sent the correct ink 540 black and 541 colour,
Wonder if there is a difference between 540 and 540xl. Got to wait for another now


charles - 17-4-2015 at 15:11

Sorry the above should read. 3250


LSemmens - 18-4-2015 at 02:31

Was it new or secondhand? If new, then there would be something seriously wrong if the cartridges do not fit. if secondhand, you may well be buying someone else's problem. I wouldn't spend my money on a secondhand inkjet. Laser printers, however.....


Quaver - 18-4-2015 at 06:57

Did you put the ink in the right way?
Can't believe it doesn't fit when they've sent you the right inksconfused2

Difference between xl seems to be the size only (xl has larger capacity).


marymary100 - 18-4-2015 at 08:22

Did you watch the "how to" video?


charles - 18-4-2015 at 08:48

My old printer had exactly the same system,it's dead easy, but even my neighbour
Who is a PC boffin had a look and said they will not go in there, keep you posted on the new one


charles - 18-4-2015 at 08:50

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Did you watch the "how to" video?


No need to Mary, done it dozens of times with my old one, same idea


charles - 18-4-2015 at 09:12

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Was it new or secondhand? If new, then there would be something seriously wrong if the cartridges do not fit. if secondhand, you may well be buying someone else's problem. I wouldn't spend my money on a secondhand inkjet. Laser printers, however.....


spanking brand new waveysmiley


charles - 18-4-2015 at 09:14

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Did you put the ink in the right way?
Can't believe it doesn't fit when they've sent you the right inksconfused2

Difference between xl seems to be the size only (xl has larger capacity).


it is a complete mystery, correct No. 540 black 541 colour,
same as my old canon printer, same idea fitting inks, these will go nowhere near. waveysmileyconfused2confused2


John Barnes - 18-4-2015 at 20:42

I will give you a tip about printers Charles . Most ink cartridges have a chip on them well when it says they are getting low don't change the cartridge straight away just put some clear Sellotape over the chip and replace the cartridge this will ensure you get the absolute maximum out of the cartridge pound for pound printer ink is more expensive than the finest champagne jmb


scholar - 18-4-2015 at 23:12

When you say "it has to go back," do you mean back to the store? If so, the fellows at the store might have a look at it. I would hate to return one for a replacement, only to have the same problem with the next one.

I wonder about this because sometimes there is a problem so small that the people at the store forget to mention it (like, a rubber band is put over something to keep it in place during shipping, and must be removed before use. Or, a styrofoam wedge holds something while the machine is in the carton, etc.) If so, the next one might be just like the first one.

Of course, if you simply ordered it, you won't have that option.


John Barnes - 18-4-2015 at 23:49

I get the impression that he means the actual cartridge will go back for replacement not the printer that how I read it jmb


scholar - 19-4-2015 at 01:23

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
I get the impression that he means the actual cartridge will go back for replacement not the printer that how I read it jmb

Is that so, Charles? When you said "that" would go back (not "they"), I thought you meant the whole thing, not the two cartridges.

If the cartridges are wrong, but are numbered as if they were the right ones, then there has certainly been a real mix-up at the factory.:o:(


charles - 19-4-2015 at 09:30

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
I get the impression that he means the actual cartridge will go back for replacement not the printer that how I read it jmb


John ,the whole ruddy shooting match has to go back,a chap next door to me who works on computors had a look and said if those cartridges go in there he is a flying dutchman


charles - 19-4-2015 at 09:33

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
I get the impression that he means the actual cartridge will go back for replacement not the printer that how I read it jmb

Is that so, Charles? When you said "that" would go back (not "they"), I thought you meant the whole thing, not the two cartridges.

If the cartridges are wrong, but are numbered as if they were the right ones, then there has certainly been a real mix-up at the factory.:o:(



No Scholar, the printer has to go back, there is a fault somewhere, I am very conversant with this type of printer and the fitting of ink cartridges, even the guard which holds them in will not stay up when fitting new, will keep you all posted when new one arrives.


charles - 19-4-2015 at 09:34

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
I will give you a tip about printers Charles . Most ink cartridges have a chip on them well when it says they are getting low don't change the cartridge straight away just put some clear Sellotape over the chip and replace the cartridge this will ensure you get the absolute maximum out of the cartridge pound for pound printer ink is more expensive than the finest champagne jmb




my god you are a tight old git....waveysmiley


John Barnes - 19-4-2015 at 10:40

From Gods own County -- Yorkshire :D


John Barnes - 20-4-2015 at 00:07

Here's me trying to help out a poor impoverished pensioner from south of Manchester and I get abused being called a tight old git so less of the old if you please haha lol jmb nananana


Redwolf5150 - 20-4-2015 at 00:34

XL cartridges in Canon ink cartridges have a higher ink capacity than the normal ones.


charles - 20-4-2015 at 09:23

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
XL cartridges in Canon ink cartridges have a higher ink capacity than the normal ones.



Thanks Redwolf


charles - 20-4-2015 at 09:24

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
Here's me trying to help out a poor impoverished pensioner from south of Manchester and I get abused being called a tight old git so less of the old if you please haha lol jmb nananana



You are caching me up....waveysmileywaggyfinger