Karl`s PC Help Forums

A trusted friend has died
delanti - 7-3-2015 at 22:09

It is a sad day here, my favorite keyboard of 15 years has quit functioning. It came with the Gateway Athlon Windows 98 desktop i bought in the summer of 2000. As I replaced my PC several times it still remained a fixture even when I had to buy an adapter for PS2 to USB. I did not mind that as PC's went from beige cases to black and it's beige keyboard was out of place, it still survived the crumbs, spills and other hazards keyboards are subject to. But as I went to enter my blood sugar reading into the spreadsheet this morning, nothing happened. Exhausting all attempts to resuscitate it, I finally got a spare keyboard and plugged it in. Confirming my fears, keystrokes appeared on the screen confirming that my old friend has gone to that great keyboard place in the sky. He will be missed as I am having one hell of a time typing on this blankety blank thing I have had to replace him with. crybabymewooty

Quaver - 7-3-2015 at 23:14

RIP Delanti's Keyboard.
Sounds like it was loved, and had a good life:)

marymary100 - 7-3-2015 at 23:35

Pining for the fjords.

Redwolf5150 - 8-3-2015 at 00:27

If a keyboard lasts me over a year, I'm surprised. I'm rough on the poor beasties.

LSemmens - 8-3-2015 at 01:12

I used to love my old IBM keyboard from the early 9os, (I still have it) but I have moved on, and my favourite keyboard now, is a backlit one I picked up on evil bay for about $20, not that I use it much, as my lappy is my main tool these days.

John_Little - 8-3-2015 at 10:11

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Pining for the fjords.
beautiful plumage.

Sad though that I am about your keyboard, I'm glad that the topic heading was misleading.

marymary100 - 8-3-2015 at 10:27

Misleading is a positive way to describe it.

scholar - 9-3-2015 at 22:45

I am a fan of the older style keyboards but am not too attached
To any particular one. I am a touch tpist and feel for thraised dots. I fslike this touch screen on my wife's phone I am using.

Y

LSemmens - 10-3-2015 at 03:42

I'd think, Scholar, that you may be better served by looking at the keyboard on occasion, if your last post is anything to go by.;)

LSemmens - 10-3-2015 at 07:34

Funeral for a friend!

John_Little - 10-3-2015 at 10:32

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
I'd think, Scholar, that you may be better served by looking at the keyboard on occasion, if your last post is anything to go by.;)

I was just thinking the same thing. I touch type in a similar way but do more backspaces than anything else.