Karl`s PC Help Forums

Firefox 4
victor - 10-5-2011 at 22:09

Anyone got Firefox 4 and is it worth the hassle downloading it ?

giron - 10-5-2011 at 22:16

John Barnes mentioned he was giving it a try and was initially impressed, he'll probably be able to give you an update.

victor - 10-5-2011 at 22:22

If JB is impressed it might be worth a try. but not tonight it's to late and I have to go and take some pills.

giron - 10-5-2011 at 22:28

Wait and see what he and others say about it first.

I've got used to Opera, so I tend to be reluctant to try other browsers, particularly after a rather disappointing experience with Chrome, which a lot of people seem to favour.

LSemmens - 11-5-2011 at 11:24

I miss some of the features of FF, but am too lazy to return. Opera for me now.

Nimuae - 11-5-2011 at 11:47

I have downloaded it and am very happy with it so far. I did forget to tick the box asking for proper English spelling though so had to download twice !!

Faolan - 11-5-2011 at 21:27

They removed some critical features for me and broke a number of plug-ins I found useful. The key feature that's missing is the 'rewind' button which is something I use heavily.

They've also cloned Chrome/Opera's interface and badly at that.

Overall memory usage is better than 3.6 but it's still got a few leaks, it's also got a few stability issues that I've not yet been able to pin down.

Opera is still my main browser, but I need to use FF for web dev work and testing. If you experience a lot of crashes on Vista/W7 it's worth disabling the WebGL acceleration. Probably worthwhile anyway as there is a number of security flaws inherent in the spec.

Erickeffer - 23-8-2011 at 05:11

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
I have downloaded it and am very happy with it so far. I did forget to tick the box asking for proper English spelling though so had to download twice !!

Even I also think the same.Its really a good experience working with Firefox.