Karl`s PC Help Forums

Off to install Opera 10.5
LSemmens - 2-3-2010 at 12:13

Back soon

Casper the Ghost - 28-3-2010 at 11:32

Tis very fast - the javascripting is extremely effective. BUT after I installed it I had repeated crashes whenever trying to play any multimedia content.

Strangely enough it sorted itself out after a few days. waveysmiley

Katzy - 29-3-2010 at 09:21

v10.51's even quicker...

Katzy - 29-3-2010 at 10:19

Just playing with Opera 10.52 portable.

Heh... :D

John_Little - 29-3-2010 at 10:47

I did that after the warning about the Firefox vulnerability. But I just cant get used to it. I cant work out how to print the page or use the bookmarks/favourites.

Edit: And what are widgets?

giron - 29-3-2010 at 11:14

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
I just cant get used to it. I cant work out how to print the page or use the bookmarks/favourites.

It's certainly worth persevering, it shouldn't take too long to get to grips with it.

Quote:
Edit: And what are widgets?

Click here for information on widgets.

LSemmens - 29-3-2010 at 13:17

I'm a firefox convert. There are still a few things that I prefer in firefox, but, mostly Opera is the ant's pants!

giron - 29-3-2010 at 13:25

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
I'm a firefox convert. There are still a few things that I prefer in firefox,

Such as what?

I was once a fan of FF, but I think that Opera is now way in front when it comes to features and usability.

LSemmens - 29-3-2010 at 13:31

I'd still like to be able to left click on a link and get it to open in a new tab. I find that middle click at times also causes me to scroll up or down a page or so causing me to lose my place. I've still to find some of the configuration options like the firefox config:firefox.

{edit} upon a re-read of my post, I can see that you may be confused, I am a convert to Opera from Firefox.

giron - 29-3-2010 at 13:43

Quote:

{edit} upon a re-read of my post, I can see that you may be confused, I am a convert to Opera from Firefox.

Yes, I understood that you were a convert to Opera, I was just curious about what things you found preferable in FF.

Katzy - 29-3-2010 at 19:49

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmensI've still to find some of the configuration options like the firefox config:firefox

opera:config

LSemmens - 30-3-2010 at 04:20

Thanks. Katzy, I didn't try that combination.

John_Little - 30-3-2010 at 08:31

What does "Unite" do?

Faolan - 30-3-2010 at 08:57

It's a peer service that allows you use your computer as a server to share content. It's done through a proxy so it's safe enough and depending on the service you can lock it down.

I use it distributing course notes and also receiving files from people. I've also used the gallery which works well.

Katzy - 30-3-2010 at 09:37

Quote:
Thanks. Katzy, I didn't try that combination.

[bad img]http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/c014.gif[/bad img]

John_Little - 30-3-2010 at 10:11

Quote:
Originally posted by Faolan
It's a peer service that allows you use your computer as a server to share content. It's done through a proxy so it's safe enough and depending on the service you can lock it down.

I use it distributing course notes and also receiving files from people. I've also used the gallery which works well.

Thanks, Faolan.