Karl`s PC Help Forums

FAO Topcat--remember when you worked with me on two troubled computers?
scholar - 27-6-2009 at 19:30

There was a period when I was having trouble with my (at the time) new computer and internet operations. It was running Windows98SE. Since it was not working well, I also tried to get my second-best computer, a Systemax desktop system running Windows ME, to take over internet duties--but, I don't think I ever got it to work for internet.

As my topic-thread at the time got longer, you were willing to direct me, step by step, in u2u, and we got the better computer to work.

Once again, I thank you for the help you gave me, all those months (or, was it years?) ago. doffs_cap

With Win XP, I discovered that my ISP-provided software (from Juno) does not work. Instead, I use the same identity and password, but I use software which is part of the Win XP system.

I am now wondering about the Win ME machine, which I still have. I don't think I ever got it to log on through the Juno ISP's software.

Consider this: perhaps the Juno software doesn't work with Win ME, but something in Win ME will make the connection for me, the same as I have learned to do in XP.

What do you think?

Would you care to work with me on this, when we have time?

Scholar's Rule is, always have another internet-ready computer with which to contact KF for help if the best computer has trouble. I would like to have the Win Millenium computer ready for such a purpose.:)waveysmiley

Topcat - 28-6-2009 at 17:33

Check your U2U messages.

Topcat.