Karl`s PC Help Forums

TravelScan 2300 (PCMCIA)
abbs2002 - 1-1-2009 at 21:41

Hi and Happy New Year to everyone

I need some help in finding the application for my TravelScan 2300 (PCMCIA), I have found the driver and installed it but I still need the application to use this travel scan.

Thank you for your help.waveysmiley

Daz - 1-1-2009 at 22:23

Would this device not just be picked up as any old TWAIN device, and therefore enable you to use any image/gfx app, or any OCR app...?

(E.G. Irfanview and SimpleOCR...?)

abbs2002 - 2-1-2009 at 00:16

Hi thanks for your reply,

Yes I thought it would be picked up but when I plug in PCMCIA I can hear the usual sound when a hardware been attached a PC but thatís about it nothing else happened, no application open even the device can not be used although in the Device manager it says that the device is working properly, and when I go to My computer it doesnít show up there either, Very strange...confused2

Daz - 2-1-2009 at 00:33

Quote:
Originally posted by abbs2002
Hi thanks for your reply,

Yes I thought it would be picked up but when I plug in PCMCIA I can hear the usual sound when a hardware been attached a PC but that’s about it nothing else happened, no application open even the device can not be used although in the Device manager it says that the device is working properly, and when I go to My computer it doesn’t show up there either, Very strange...confused2

What happens though if you use something like Irfanview and point IT to the device...?

abbs2002 - 2-1-2009 at 00:45

Nothing happens, I think this item supposed to work just by inserting its PCMCIA and pushing papper through it to scan I think.

Daz - 2-1-2009 at 00:48

Quote:
Nothing happens, I think this item supposed to work just by inserting its PCMCIA and pushing papper through it to scan I think.

Hmm, not sure then TBH, I'd imagine it worked like any other TWAIN device, but perhaps not.

You've rebooted I suppose, after installing and connecting...? (Just an "out there" suggestion!)

abbs2002 - 2-1-2009 at 00:59

Yes I have few rebooted times no joy, it is strange, device manager says its working fine but when I plug it in nothing happens, normally when a hardware is plugged in something pops up on the screen not in this case, Iíll just have to keep looking on the web to see if I can come up with solution.

Cheers mate.

Daz - 2-1-2009 at 01:06

Quote:
Yes I have few rebooted times no joy, it is strange, device manager says its working fine but when I plug it in nothing happens, normally when a hardware is plugged in something pops up on the screen not in this case, I’ll just have to keep looking on the web to see if I can come up with solution.

Cheers mate.

Good luck, and keep us posted... You've got me curious now!

abbs2002 - 2-1-2009 at 01:15

Will post the solution if I find it, Fingers crossed waveysmiley

abbs2002 - 2-1-2009 at 20:27

I have e-mailed their company in the US and this is their answer;

Hi Abbs,

First, we would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist
you. As far as we know, the drivers available on our website should work on
XP. We suggest that you try downloading the driver again to see if you
encounter the same problem. If so, we will inform our engineering
department of this issue immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience
this may have caused you and hope to resolve this issue a timely manner.

Best Regards,

This is their contact details just incase someone needs them;

Document Capture Technologies, Inc.
1798 Technology Drive Ste.178
San Jose, CA 95110
MAIN: (408) 845-9379 | FAX: (408) 845-9396
http://www.docucap.com

Will try what they sugested and see what happened.

adrenalin1 - 17-3-2011 at 20:29

did you ever get this device to work?