Karl`s PC Help Forums

My KF is stretched wide
scholar - 10-7-2008 at 19:53

When I click on Today's Posts, the display of the list of posts is stretched wider than my screen.

Just now, when I went to this sub-forum to ask about it, I got a normal display. But, when I go back to Today's Posts, it is stretched wide again.

Also, in my Today's Posts display, Craig's post title gives the raw version, not the upside-down characters that are intended. But, in this sub-forum, it displayes properly.

What is going on?confused2


marymary100 - 10-7-2008 at 20:13

No problems here.


scholar - 10-7-2008 at 21:00

Perhaps if I switched to Pastel?:)


scholar - 10-7-2008 at 21:31

In Pastel, my "Today's Posts" listing is still stretched wide.

And the colors don't go with my Windows theme, so I believe I'll change back.

One of our brainy tech people will have some ideas for me.:)


marymary100 - 10-7-2008 at 21:46

Your system rather than KF I suspect.


Quaver - 10-7-2008 at 22:03

It is slightly wider than usual on my screen too, still within the screen (firefox & IE7).
I'm assuming it's Craig's post that's doing itwaggyfinger

It's fine on 'PC Chat' though, Craig's post looks fine (upside down fine:D) there, but on my 'Today's post' section, I get jumbled text;)


Dreamweaver - 10-7-2008 at 22:06

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
It is slightly wider than usual on my screen too, still within the screen (firefox & IE7).
I'm assuming it's Craig's post that's doing itwaggyfinger

It's fine on 'PC Chat' though, Craig's post looks fine (upside down fine:D) there, but on my 'Today's post' section, I get jumbled text;)


That post looks fine on both today's posts and pc on my pc?


Quaver - 10-7-2008 at 22:07

Top one is Today's posts, bottom one is PC chat.
Probably something to do with encodingconfused2


Dreamweaver - 10-7-2008 at 22:12

Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Top one is Today's posts, bottom one is PC chat.
Probably something to do with encodingconfused2


Perhaps your screen resolution? mine is 1024x768(highest screen resolution).

Be gentle:) I am only at the learning stage :P


Quaver - 10-7-2008 at 22:13

This is how it looks on my screen.
Let's make lot's of new threads and get that offending thread off the Today's pagenananana
- It was a great post though Craigwaveysmiley


Quaver - 10-7-2008 at 22:16

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
Perhaps your screen resolution? mine is 1024x768(highest screen resolution).

Be gentle:) I am only at the learning stage :P

Mine's the same resolution. It's not a big deal, I'm sure it'll fix itself once people start posting new threads:D


the bear - 10-7-2008 at 22:21

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Your system rather than KF I suspect.


There are others besides Scholars, my system (Vista) is displaying KF slightly to big for the screen.


Regards the Bear


scholar - 10-7-2008 at 22:31

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamweaver
Quote:
Originally posted by Quaver
Top one is Today's posts, bottom one is PC chat.
Probably something to do with encodingconfused2


Perhaps your screen resolution? mine is 1024x768(highest screen resolution).

Be gentle:) I am only at the learning stage :P
I hope we are ALL at the learning stage.

People who aren't, are so dull. . . .


giron - 10-7-2008 at 22:31

No problems here, using Ubuntu and Firefox.


Dreamweaver - 10-7-2008 at 22:32

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Your system rather than KF I suspect.


There are others besides Scholars, my system (Vista) is displaying KF slightly to big for the screen.


Regards the Bear


AL your KF?


marymary100 - 10-7-2008 at 22:43

Is that any better?


the bear - 10-7-2008 at 22:43

AL ????


Regards the Bear


the bear - 10-7-2008 at 22:47

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
AL ????


Regards the Bear



My screen has just changed and KF is displayed nicely now.
( it looks all nice and snug, right at home, lol).

Thanks to who ever pushed the button:)


Regards the Bear waveysmiley


giron - 10-7-2008 at 22:55

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Is that any better?


Well done, mmC. waveysmiley

Perhaps you should pop over to Tiscali and sort their problems out? :D


scholar - 10-7-2008 at 23:11

Mary seems to have changed the title of Craig's antipodean post.

O Bear, I think AL is short for ALL, "ALL your KF?":)


Quaver - 10-7-2008 at 23:19

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Is that any better?

Perfect! Thanks, you are geniuswaveysmiley


marymary100 - 10-7-2008 at 23:22

Glad to help. ;)


scholar - 11-7-2008 at 03:41

Yes, thanks.kewl_glasses