Karl`s PC Help Forums

Firefox crash
Redwolf5150 - 10-6-2008 at 16:54

[bad img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-firefox-crash-snow.jpg[/bad img]

But seriously...

Anyone using firefox as their browser. I currently use netscape and have downloaded firefox to shut up the "not supported" prompt.

Haven't given it a whirl, however.

Any comments one way or another?

kewl_glasses

SRD - 10-6-2008 at 17:15

I prefer IE7 as the cleartype function makes reading the screen on my laptop so much easier, but I also have FF for testing the websites I build. It's Ok, one or two problems, but nothing too serious, much the same as IE7, especially as I use IE7Pro with it.

Katzy - 10-6-2008 at 18:43

Whispers...

Opera. :D

Quicker'n Firefox and less clunky, too. You might find it nearer to Netscape, too.

Daz - 11-6-2008 at 00:36

Wot he ^^ said....

Theravad - 11-6-2008 at 10:56

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150

Any comments one way or another?

I use firebox exclusively cos:
- (1) same(sh) results on Win32 or Linux boxes
- (2) open source software
- (3) fast and standards compliant
- (4) fantastic plugins available (firebug for example)

T

LSemmens - 11-6-2008 at 14:33

I use FF exclusively. As Simon has said. Never need IE as even M$ will talk to FF with the IE plugin

delanti - 11-6-2008 at 17:00

When AOL took over Netscape I quit it and went to FF. I have IE for those occasions when nothing else works. No regrets and plugins and add ons are good. waveysmiley

KOUROSH - 12-6-2008 at 18:33

I have all browsers and use each for a particular reason, in my view firefox is superior (slower than others in starting) but only if you know how to put all facility it has particularly its adds-on. without them it another browser, go to view all (right hand bottom) and add what you think can help you in browsing then you will see the difference. do not be afraid you can always undo any adds on you do not like.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/