Karl`s PC Help Forums

Careful with email
Quaver - 8-5-2008 at 16:23

Quote:
Virgin Trains' ticket service has apologised to customers after mistakenly inviting tens of thousands of them to a luxury golf day.

TheTrainline sent an e-mail inviting recipients to an event at The Grove Golf Resort Hotel in Hertfordshire.

A spokesman said the offer was intended for a small group but was sent in error to tens of thousands of people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7390263.stm

I got one as well:D
Have you ever sent an email by mistake?
[bad img]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee184/qqquaver/virgintrains.gif[/bad img]

LSemmens - 9-5-2008 at 15:50

How many turned up? Were they permitted to play? Where the traffic cops called to direct traffic on the fairway? I am mildly amused by this! laughy_smilieroffle

Quaver - 10-5-2008 at 18:31

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
How many turned up?

Well it's 28th of May, so have to wait and see...

ErraticToad - 20-5-2008 at 00:38

Yes - I sent what I thought was a reply to a friend in America to my work colleagues.

Ermmmm! Since then I don't use aliases ....

marymary100 - 20-5-2008 at 06:21

Someone at work sent an e-mail to everyone who worked in the authority inviting them for a coffee after work because she'd hit the wrong button. Her mail box was flooded by the replies she got and she couldn't get any of her legitimate e-mails as a result. lips_sealed

John_Little - 20-5-2008 at 08:33

I keep getting mistaken emails!

I mean, anyone who "Knows" me knows that my wife is completely satisfied in bed.

janet - 20-5-2008 at 09:50

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Someone at work sent an e-mail to everyone who worked in the authority inviting them for a coffee after work because she'd hit the wrong button. Her mail box was flooded by the replies she got and she couldn't get any of her legitimate e-mails as a result. lips_sealed

I've seen this happen with auto-replies at the holiday season - one person sets an autoreply, that replies to everyone on a long list. Three or four people on that list have autoreply set - which goes back to the originator, and so on and so on and BORK goes the system....

(Moral - set up autoreply sensibly!).

Quaver - 20-5-2008 at 09:58

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
I keep getting mistaken emails!

I mean, anyone who "Knows" me knows that my wife is completely satisfied in bed.

Seems that may not be the case...