Karl`s PC Help Forums

So, Scholar...
Redwolf5150 - 2-8-2016 at 02:40

Who are you supporting for President?

I mean with you being a Christian and all.

***serious question***

Moderators, please assist in keeping it clean.

Redwolf5150 - 5-8-2016 at 12:04

Still awaiting a response.

LSemmens - 5-8-2016 at 22:06

That is a scary question, RW, Are there any other candidates than the two who seem to be hogging all the limelight?

marymary100 - 6-8-2016 at 09:10

There are alternative candidates such as a woman named Jill but I have no idea how that would work. America is really a 2 party State.

Redwolf5150 - 7-8-2016 at 16:53

Notice the Pope of Illinois has not made a reply.

marymary100 - 7-8-2016 at 19:26

Probably not still signed in to this bit of the forum.

Redwolf5150 - 18-8-2016 at 02:03

STILL waiting.

Redwolf5150 - 11-9-2016 at 20:28

And I still wait.

Maybe he can't reconcile the two?

Redwolf5150 - 8-10-2016 at 14:40

And, ESPECIALLY in light of the revelation of the tape where Trump admits to sexual assault...

I STILL await an answer, Scholar.

waggyfinger

LSemmens - 9-11-2016 at 07:07

Are there any more seats on the MARS flight, Stop the world, I want to get off!!!!!!

The next few years are going to be positively scary if Trump even tries to keep half his "promises".

Redwolf5150 - 10-11-2016 at 01:35

If he keeps just a quarter of his campaign promises, if the world survives the next four years it will be a MIRACLE!

Redwolf5150 - 26-3-2017 at 17:47

So, Scholar...
How does it feel to have voted for a puppet of Putin?

marymary100 - 26-3-2017 at 19:24

I really don't think scholar checks this section out any more and it doesn't show up in Today's Posts unless you aren't logged in afaik.

JackInCT - 26-3-2017 at 19:57

FYI: there is some kind of a password problem for this particular forum (that does NOT exist anywhere else). It took 3-4 entries for the password to "take", and since I'm here now, it is obviously not some pop up blocker type issue with IE.

While I'm at it, just exactly what is the justification for having an extra password procedure for this particular forum??? I'm NOT seeing the sense of it!!!

Perhaps my experience is not unique and if it occurs with others, and they don't report it to the moderator, etc., that would account for some registered members NOT responding.

marymary100 - 26-3-2017 at 20:08

It's historical. In the run up to the first time Obama got elected there was some persistent brigading which was bringing the forum into disrepute and putting off nice new posters. Sadly, now the minute Dot opens up registration she has hundreds of spambots trying to sell things or post unsafe links so no newbies are getting on anyway unless they write to Dot directly and prove they are human.

JackInCT - 26-3-2017 at 21:00

My major complaint is more of some sort of a technical glitch. It took 4 tries to get here; the 4th try was simply a c & p of the posted password for this particular forum on the main page. I'm positive that it's NOT a typo. Bottom line: IF others experience what I'm experiencing with the posted password, it would account for some degree of limited access to this particular forum re perseverance, etc.,. But it sounds like you don't experience this issue, and I of course have no idea why.

And as far as the origins of this particular forum goes, it's illogical that an extra password is required for this one, and not any of the others if it's only purpose is to deter bots.

marymary100 - 26-3-2017 at 21:38

The brigading was from actual posters. The R v. D was, at one stage, constant.

Dot would be the only one who could change this.

JackInCT - 26-3-2017 at 22:34

It took me SIX identical tries to get here; I obviously will NOT be a frequent "visitor".

IF the problem is not some technical glitch with this particular forum, AND if, at this point, I'm the only one experiencing it, than that leaves some kind of a browser problem which would be 'odd' since eventually it works. By the way, I've not tried this with any other of my browsers, I. e., only IE.

From a PC Chat forum perspective, I will note this: I have 3 browsers [IE, Firefox, & Opera]; IF I open the same website/URL with each browser SIMULTANEOUSLY, the webpages will not be perfectly identical. I presume that part of that is each browser's pop up blocker differences, part is ghostery on IE & Firefox, and part is flashblocker on Firefox. There really are differences among the various browsers, but not to the point IMO that amounts to anything. Perhaps that accounts for my problems with this forum, I. e., the browser is interpreting the HTML differently.

Redwolf5150 - 9-11-2017 at 03:34

BTW, I'm STILL waiting on Scholar to reply to the OP.
ESPECIALLY in light of the fact that it is looking more and more like Trump committed TREASON to get into office.

nananana

John_Little - 9-11-2017 at 09:50

Quote:
Originally posted by JackInCT
It took me SIX identical tries to get here; I obviously will NOT be a frequent "visitor".

Famous last words?