Karl`s PC Help Forums

Abandoning America's hard-won gains and friends in the Middle East
scholar - 18-6-2014 at 01:41

Here.

marymary100 - 18-6-2014 at 06:11

Stealing Churchill's style of talking I see. Cheney's links with JINSA and his behind the scenes drumming up of support for military action under GW shows what his own view on what America should be doing. His comments need to be read in that context.

I know it always comes as a shock to you scholar but we're not all war mongerers. Tony Blair is discredited here - people now openly question his sanity - and it says something about America that those of the same ilk are not called to account in your country. waveysmiley

John_Little - 18-6-2014 at 09:11

When will they ever learn
When will they ever
Learn

John Barnes - 18-6-2014 at 11:42

Where there is a thimble full of oil to gained America will fight to the last drop of blood of its allies these days.waggyfinger

Redwolf5150 - 18-6-2014 at 12:21

A reply that scholar doesn't have the GONADS to read all the way through.

Have your son sign up to go fight and see if you're still so keen to get others to die for you.

Redwolf5150 - 18-6-2014 at 12:33

[bad img]https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/10440676_925105737516500_671021037617773967_n.jpg[/bad img]

Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Yeah, the red, white, and blue
When the band plays 'Hail To The Chief'
Yeah, they'll point the cannon at you

It ain't me, it ain't me
I'm no millionaire's son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Well, they help themselves, yeah
When the taxman comes to the door
House looks a like a rummage sale

It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no millionaire's son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Yeah, when they send you down to war
Well, when you ask them how much you should give
Yeah, it's always more, more, more

It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no senator's son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I'm no fortunate one

It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no military son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate son
Take it away...

Redwolf5150 - 18-6-2014 at 12:35

There are times you REALLY make me wish this forum didn't have a swear filter so I could tell you how I REALLY think of some of the asinine crap you post.

John_Little - 18-6-2014 at 12:54

Come all you big strong men
Uncle Sam needs your help again
He's got himself in an awful jam
Way down yonder in (Vietnam) Irag ag'in

And its one two three
What are we fighting for
don't ask me I don't give a damn
Next stop is Vietnam

And its five six seven eight
open up those pearly gates
We ain't got time to wonder why
Whoopee we're all gonna die

Redwolf5150 - 18-6-2014 at 13:15

Better still...

Tell it to one of the other reporters at the paper I work for.

The one who did a tour in Iraq.

Whose son ALSO did all but one week of a tour in Iraq.

He died one week before he came home.

Go tell him.

Tell him to his FACE what you posted here.

He'd knock you so far into next week you could make a fortune as a weatherman.

marymary100 - 18-6-2014 at 16:52

Asking scholar if he would send his own son is hardly a fair question. He abandoned him to his lifestyle choice despite it being the road to death so presumably he would also send him to war.

Redwolf5150 - 19-6-2014 at 01:27

And WHY is this in General Chat?

Eorl should know better by now.

Redwolf5150 - 19-6-2014 at 04:29

[bad img]https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/10495121_10202817334449188_418974539736454357_o.jpg[/bad img]

Redwolf5150 - 20-6-2014 at 02:55

What this country REALLY needs is a brave group of bikers to grab Dick Cheney and take him to the Hague to be tried for the war crimes he committed while in office.

Redwolf5150 - 22-6-2014 at 17:10

[bad img]https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10487606_10204163377228701_7048838151353309446_n.jpg[/bad img]

scholar - 22-6-2014 at 21:04

Iraqi citizens who worked with the 40-nation coalition to establish a new, free Iraq with a freely-elected government put their lives at risk in doing so, to the extent that they became "marked men." For the rest of their lives, they could expect that, if their enemies (who are also our enemies) would be allowed to exact vengeance, they would be killed--and this has been happening in large numbers. It is a good thing when the those of the coalition stand by their allies in time of need, instead of abandoning them.

The post-topic is not about American politics, it is about the universal need for countries to support their allies and act honorably when those who have joined with them to fight against oppression are attacked.

scholar - 22-6-2014 at 21:16

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
He abandoned him to his lifestyle choice despite it being the road to death

What a horrible lie!

My son's disease is not a lifestyle choice, and I did not abandon him. I helped, supported, and encouraged him to make the right choices for years, at great cost to myself. I was the one who drove him to the hospital, resulting in his treatment--and it was because he did not embrace it that he had to go to another city for further treatment.

marymary100 - 22-6-2014 at 21:39

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:

What a horrible lie!

My son's disease is not a lifestyle choice, and I did not abandon him. I helped, supported, and encouraged him to make the right choices for years, at great cost to myself. I was the one who drove him to the hospital, resulting in his treatment--and it was because he did not embrace it that he had to go to another city for further treatment.

Quote:
Quote:
Nothing from your biological children? Extraordinary.

There is only one, and he was well toward dying of alcoholism when I last knew where he was, in another city. I don't have either of the phone numbers I used to have, so he wouldn't be able to call me.

That appears like abandonment to me.

scholar - 22-6-2014 at 22:32

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What a horrible lie!

Quote:
Quote:

There is only one, and he was well toward dying of alcoholism when I last knew where he was, in another city. I don't have either of the phone numbers I used to have, so he wouldn't be able to call me.

But, since I did not abandon him--HE left for another city, I did not leave him--it is false to call it that. I still had the numbers at which he could have called me for years after he no longer had the cell number he used to have--but he didn't call or text me. And, I'm still in the home where I took him in for years, so I am still reachable by mail--but, he hasn't ever given me an address at which to reach him.

marymary100 - 22-6-2014 at 22:45

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What a horrible lie!

Quote:
Quote:

But, since I did not abandon him--HE left for another city, I did not leave him--it is false to call it that. I still had the numbers at which he could have called me for years after he no longer had the cell number he used to have--but he didn't call or text me. And, I'm still in the home where I took him in for years, so I am still reachable by mail--but, he hasn't ever given me an address at which to reach him.

scholar, you haven't tried to find him. I can't imagine not searching for a fallen child. Didn't Christ talk about the shepherd abandoning his flock to find the lost lamb? What I don't get it quite how much you do for the criminals who are related to Ruby who are surely less important to you than your own flesh and blood. It's easy to love a stranger, much harder to follow through with a difficult relative.

scholar - 22-6-2014 at 23:05

No, it isn't easy to love strangers--you don't know all that I have suffered, from those to whom I've given a helping hand.

In treatment for alcoholism, alcoholics are counseled to make radical changes in their lives. These typically include dropping your old drinking and drugging buddies. When my son was living here, he hid his drinking, he lied to me habitually, he stole from me, he destroyed my property, and he exploited me. If he has grabbed hold of recovery, he may be showing wisdom in establishing a new, sober life in which he is self-supporting. He destroyed two cars while drinking which I had helped him get; it's better for him not to be driving. It is actually draining for an alcoholic to hide his drinking, and put up a false front; if his pattern is to live that way around me instead of being sincere, he might well do better to be away from me. Many alcoholics blame everything on others, and it is especially easy to blame a parent; if he shares an apartment with an adult room-mate, the room-mate is likely quit if he acts in alcoholic patterns (which include other faults besides drinking). I would rather have him doing well, in my life; but, since he kept falling back into relapse while he was here, I'd rather he try something else, until he is doing well enough that he can work on making amends, etc., in the more advanced recovery steps.

And, if he won't do what is necessary for recovery--well, there is no way to force it on a person.

Redwolf5150 - 23-6-2014 at 01:31

Just remember THIS, Scholar.

1) BUSH negotiated the withdrawal and the timeline for doing so.

2) Bush needlessly invaded the country, destabilizing it in the process. (Say what you want about Saddam, the country was stable until he was removed)

3) Dick Cheney made a fortune off the war in Iraq, and he's not shedding any tears over the fate of its citizens. He is, however, looking to make more money of their continued misery.