Karl`s PC Help Forums

Those laws don't apply to us!
delanti - 5-12-2013 at 00:16

Cangressmen exempt staff from Obama care.lips_sealed

Exemptions

Redwolf5150 - 5-12-2013 at 03:57

I will agree that is BS of the Highest Odor.

SOME congressmen (of BOTH parties) do, indeed, think laws don't apply to them.

That's gotta change before we use the French Solution.

kewl_glasses

marymary100 - 5-12-2013 at 06:55

You elected them!

delanti - 6-12-2013 at 00:10

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
You elected them!

Unfortunately, Senators and House Reps are elected by the voters of their State. Since Harry Reid lives in Nevada, neither Red Wolf, Scholar nor I can vote for or against him. It is entirely up to the voters of Nevada.waveysmiley

scholar - 6-12-2013 at 21:59

House Reps (Congressmen of the lower house) are not even elected by their states, they are elected by a Congressional district in their state--so, they are accountable to smaller area.

scholar - 8-12-2013 at 02:24

Back during the Clinton administration, one of the frustrations felt by the Republicans was that the Congress routinely passed laws that weighed down the rest of the U.S., but exempted themselves. When the Republicans captured the House of Representatives, they adopted a policy that every rule and law enacted would apply to Congress, not just others.

That change set a different tone for Congress. For example, if every business in the country had to have a fire drill, then Congress had to have a fire drill, too. It made a difference in the way people thought about things. Some of them might have thought, "We have too many important things to do to take time for a fire drill." But, if it were true for them, why wouldn't it be true for law firms, banks, construction workers, and other kinds of businesses? If they wanted freedom to decide whether to have one or not, what right did they have to impose one on every business, when they didn't know the circumstances or cost involved to everyone whose lives they would effect?

You may remember the conclusion reached when so many Democrat politicians were found to have failed to pay their lawful taxes--"No wonder they don't mind raising taxes. They don't pay them, anyway!"

Redwolf5150 - 8-12-2013 at 02:29

[badimg]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/redwolf5150/DejaPoo_zps4e9dbf2f.jpg[/bad img]