Karl`s PC Help Forums

ding dong the thread is moved
scholar - 2-12-2013 at 01:27

Quote:
Originally posted by Redwolf5150
He's sure driving the right-wingers batshit crazy

The article you cite speaks favorably of two pieces of legislation, Glass-Steagal and the Dodd-Frank legislation. Glass-Steagal was a foundation to safe banking, and its effective repeal led to the mortgage meltdown. I agree with Vyan there. But, the Dodd-Frank legislation hurt an already-damaged economy and impeded recovery (which would have had attendant jobs creation).

Creating wealth through capitalism, and using it for good, is a good thing, and agrees with the Scriptures. True charity--which is a function of free individuals, not done by government coercion--is also good.

Does the Bishop of Rome understand economics, and will he restrict his comments to matters of faith? Time will tell. The key to the proper use of wealth lies in the heart of the Christian, guided to follow God's will.

It is not enough to have caring politicians, disturbed by the state of society. Too many have been known to declare, "We must DO SOMETHING," and then they have done something that made matters worse. We need politicians who understand economics well enough to provide a climate that allows people to work at jobs which create wealth from which they and their companies can benefit. They can ruin companies and kill jobs by passing legislation that costs so much that the businesses can no longer sustain themselves, and the doors are closed.

Redwolf5150 - 2-12-2013 at 02:32

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:

The article you cite speaks favorably of two pieces of legislation, Glass-Steagal and the Dodd-Frank legislation. Glass-Steagal was a foundation to safe banking, and its effective repeal led to the mortgage meltdown. I agree with Vyan there. But, the Dodd-Frank legislation hurt an already-damaged economy and impeded recovery (which would have had attendant jobs creation).

Creating wealth through capitalism, and using it for good, is a good thing, and agrees with the Scriptures. True charity--which is a function of free individuals, not done by government coercion--is also good.

Does the Bishop of Rome understand economics, and will he restrict his comments to matters of faith? Time will tell. The key to the proper use of wealth lies in the heart of the Christian, guided to follow God's will.

It is not enough to have caring politicians, disturbed by the state of society. Too many have been known to declare, "We must DO SOMETHING," and then they have done something that made matters worse. We need politicians who understand economics well enough to provide a climate that allows people to work at jobs which create wealth from which they and their companies can benefit. They can ruin companies and kill jobs by passing legislation that costs so much that the businesses can no longer sustain themselves, and the doors are closed.

Take it to the politics forum.

scholar - 2-12-2013 at 15:51

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You post a link to the Kos political site here, and then tell me to go to the politics forum when I respond to your political content? What a double-standard you have!

Redwolf5150 - 2-12-2013 at 16:04

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You post a link to the Kos political site here, and then tell me to go to the politics forum when I respond to your political content? What a double-standard you have!

Your pathological hatred for ALL things having to do with President Obama resulted in that forum being created. THIS forum is for discussion of matters of a more religious nature.

Unless you want me to start off-topic commenting on your posts wherever I see them.

This thread is about the Pope, NOT politics.

But, as always, we know the RULES here don't apply to YOU.

scholar - 2-12-2013 at 16:28

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Your pathological hatred for ALL things having to do with President Obama resulted in that forum being created. THIS forum is for discussion of matters of a more religious nature.

Unless you want me to start off-topic commenting on your posts wherever I see them.

No, I do not have a pathological hatred for all things having to do with Obama. But, I see you dragging a remark about him into this thread, after telling me NOT to make political references here (mine did not include him)--again, you criticize me for mentioning politics after you have done so.

You say the thread is about the Pope, not politics--but, YOU posted the link to the political Kos site, in connection with a political remark you made.
---
The Bishop of Rome does well to be concerned with the poor, and I hope he follows good advice in showing that concern. Giving something is the first and easiest impulse, and is sometimes appropriate. But, the best solution where possible is followed by Christian ministries who help people learn to provide for themselves.

Redwolf5150 - 2-12-2013 at 17:19

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I do not have a pathological hatred for all things having to do with Obama.

Your actions and words scream otherwise.

marymary100 - 2-12-2013 at 18:29

Really boys? No wonder your country is in the state it is. waggyfinger

scholar - 2-12-2013 at 23:37

Quote:
Quote:
No, I do not have a pathological hatred for all things having to do with Obama.

Your actions and words scream otherwise.

No, your unwillingness to actually grasp what I say leads you to say such false things.

I applaud Obama as a family man, and I support him in every policy that is good for the U.S. I believe I have mentioned in KF he did well in allowing the Navy to shoot some pirates. I also believe he did well when he approved the mission that resulted in the death of Osama. He also did well when he embraced the Bush tax cuts at one point in the Obama administration and pushed for their extension. He was right when he said that the last thing you want to do in a fragile economy is to raise taxes (a policy which he has abandoned).

delanti - 3-12-2013 at 23:19

How can we expect Congress to compromise on anything when 2 people of differing political parties refuse to even carry on a reasonable debate. It is bad enough to disagree but the caustic nature of the intercourse gives me little hope that we can elect a Government leader who can work with both parties and do some good for the Country. If the majority of the voters are as uncompromising and hateful of everything the other party says and does and elect leaders who are of the same nature we are doomed.waveysmiley

marymary100 - 3-12-2013 at 23:31

Exactamundo.

Redwolf5150 - 4-12-2013 at 03:46

Quote:
Originally posted by delanti
How can we expect Congress to compromise on anything when 2 people of differing political parties refuse to even carry on a reasonable debate. It is bad enough to disagree but the caustic nature of the intercourse gives me little hope that we can elect a Government leader who can work with both parties and do some good for the Country. If the majority of the voters are as uncompromising and hateful of everything the other party says and does and elect leaders who are of the same nature we are doomed.waveysmiley

I could launch into a long diatribe here about that very situation...

Instead, I'll post my letter to Santa this year:

[bad img]https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1457765_10153555291335300_1138980819_n.jpg[/bad img]

Redwolf5150 - 7-12-2013 at 23:58

This one is from US Senator Bernie Sander's office, so I think it probably should be in THIS thread.

[bad img]https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1454552_188986627958564_61990035_n.png[/bad img]

:D