Karl`s PC Help Forums

Extraterrestrial alien announcement
scholar - 11-11-2009 at 16:04

I have heard on the radio that Europe is buzzing about an expected announcement to the effect that extraterrestrials have been known to be on earth for some time, but that any government who knew of this has kept it secret.

But, this topic is not being covered at all in news broadcasts here.

Have you heard of it? Do you think it's true? Would you believe it, with attendant evidence?

John_Little - 11-11-2009 at 16:08

lips_sealed

giron - 11-11-2009 at 16:39

Never believe all that you hear on the radio, particularly if it's an American radio station! waggyfinger

Have you done some proper research into this particular matter, scholar?

Dreamweaver - 11-11-2009 at 16:53

Moved to USA politics

marymary100 - 11-11-2009 at 17:40

[sigh]lips_sealed

John_Little - 11-11-2009 at 17:50

Ah.

I forgot the "Sigh"

marymary100 - 11-11-2009 at 18:04

We could have a bridge of sighs.

scholar - 11-11-2009 at 18:22

Quote:
Originally posted by giron
Never believe all that you hear on the radio, particularly if it's an American radio station! waggyfinger

Have you done some proper research into this particular matter, scholar?
The radio host said he had been asked about it by people he knew in Belgium and Italy.

Dreamweaver has posted a link that suggests President Obama will make such an announcement.

If Obama were to make such an announcement, wouldn't that suggest that there has been secret ET contact in the U.S.? But, if the UN is in on this (as Dreamweaver's link suggests), wouldn't they want a leader from some other nation to announce it? The UN tends to lean toward anti-American sentiment when there are not compelling reasons to do otherwise.

scholar - 11-11-2009 at 18:56

Quote:
Finally, two independent and confidential sources have revealed to me that face to face meetings have recently occurred between U.S. military officials with one or more groups of extraterrestrial visitors.
shocked_yellowshocked_yellow

So, the aliens have faces!:P:P:P

Obama has long favored a policy which welcomes aliens and makes them U.S. citizens. He hopes they'll vote Democrat.

giron - 11-11-2009 at 19:08

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar

Dreamweaver has posted a link that suggests President Obama will make such an announcement.

Has this ' news ' been reported anywhere else, apart internet websites related to UFOs?

The link seems to suggest that Obama will be making the announcement before the end of this year, so there's not much longer for us to wait.

Not to be outdone, will Gordon Brown be announcing that he's found faeries at the bottom of his garden?

Then again, perhaps I know more than I'll letting on, and making a joke of it all, in order to hide the real facts?

At the moment, the matter is classified and as I am bound by the official secrets act, which I signed over 44 years ago, I can say no more.

John_Little - 11-11-2009 at 19:19

Blimey! The announcement has just been on BBC Radio 4. Its true! The aliens have landed!

scholar - 11-11-2009 at 19:41

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
Blimey! The announcement has just been on BBC Radio 4. Its true! The aliens have landed!
Other than the hints I've already reported, it has not been on Chicago news radio yet (unless another channel beat the one I'm hearing. Usually, my station is right on top of current developments.)

giron - 11-11-2009 at 19:50

Quote:
The aliens have landed!

You've been at the Gin again, haven't you, John? shocked_yellow

John Barnes - 11-11-2009 at 19:56

Another 1938 Orson Wells for the naive and gullible US public.jmb

scholar - 11-11-2009 at 20:03

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
Strike "US public," Jmb. The questions about it were one from Belgium, and two from Italy. Neither is part of the U.S.:)

I haven't heard anything at all about it on US broadcast news.

giron - 11-11-2009 at 20:09

Quote:

I haven't heard anything at all about it on US broadcast news.

Well you wouldn't do, would you, it's supposed to be top secret. ;)

John_Little - 11-11-2009 at 20:53

Apparently they are on their way but got held up on the A303.

giron - 11-11-2009 at 20:55

Ah yes, the roadworks on the A303, they must have missed the traffic report on Radio 4.

John_Little - 11-11-2009 at 21:03

I think it was more a navigation thing. You know what its like, you make it all the way from Alpha Centuri without a hitch then get lost on the ring road.

victor - 11-11-2009 at 21:04

There Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha.

giron - 11-11-2009 at 21:10

Quote:
then get lost on the ring road.

We should be fairly safe in Coventry, then. :D

Dreamweaver - 11-11-2009 at 21:18

Quote:
I think it was more a navigation thing. You know what its like, you make it all the way from Alpha Centuri without a hitch then get lost on the ring road.

They made a pit stop here :o

giron - 11-11-2009 at 21:25

Adronis, didn't he post over at the Purple Place?

While we wait for the aliens to turn up, here's some more music.

John Barnes - 11-11-2009 at 22:03

Quote:

I mentioned the 1938 fiasco as an example. Also I am quite aufait with world Geography. and as you said the new story has originated in the USA. jmbshocked_yellow

giron - 11-11-2009 at 22:16

You lot aren't taking this alien invasion seriously, are you? waggyfinger

Do you realise how terrible this situation is?

Most likely, Chris De Burgh will be re releasing this in time for Christmas! shocked_yellow

dr john - 11-11-2009 at 23:04

Look, I was flying today, and NO sensible alien would have chosen today for a long trip. The weather conditions were rather bad and misty. And as we all know, if you've travelled all the way from Alpha Centuria, you really do want good weather so you can flash your landing lights at the silliest people possible, while doing aerobatics, just so no-one will believe them.

But with their advanced atomic weather prediction device, they'd have KNOWN what it would be like if they arrived today.

So they cancelled the trip.

As for Europe being all buzzing with the news - yeh, sure, two or three ufo believers (they do have faith, don't they ;) ) posting on a foreign forum - forget it. It's typical ufo propaganda, and you should never believe your own propaganda !

dr john - 11-11-2009 at 23:05

Or to put it another way, don't believe everything your read on a web forum.

giron - 11-11-2009 at 23:15

Never mind about that, the ruddy aliens have zapped a powerstation in Brazil! shocked_yellow

LSemmens - 12-11-2009 at 02:22

The aliens have been playing with the power down here too! I've lost count of how many blackouts we've suffered in the last few weeks.

John_Little - 12-11-2009 at 09:08

Quote:
Originally posted by dr john
Or to put it another way, don't believe everything your read on a web forum.

You calling me a liar? ;-)

Oh, loved the youtube clip, Dreamweaver. Not sure how serious that was but the music was nice.

Giron, your music was nice too, but not as interesting.

And victor, excellent choice.

But, I wasn't completely lying. Apparently, the Vatican was holding a conference with a number of scientists and experts on astronomy and discussing the liklihood of life existing on other planets.

Rather vainly I thought, the general feeling was that any extra-terrestials that come to earth ought to be bound by the teaching of Christ and the Roman Catholic Church.

So, eat your heart out Islam.

Nimuae - 12-11-2009 at 09:24

Why do I have the feeling that I have overslept and woken up on April 1st ???

John_Little - 12-11-2009 at 09:28

See that's what happens when you lie a lot. no one believes you when you are telling the truth.

Dreamweaver - 12-11-2009 at 10:46

Quote:
See that's what happens when you lie a lot. no one believes you when you are telling the truth.

Hush John :) we believe you.

PS that was from last year :)

dr john - 12-11-2009 at 11:37

^^^
| | |

Well, if god's own astronomer says its true...

(Actually, I do believe that there is life elsewhere in this vast universe. I just don't believe that they have visited Earth on a regular basis, if ever at all.)

dr john - 12-11-2009 at 11:39

Quote:
Never mind about that, the ruddy aliens have zapped a powerstation in Brazil! shocked_yellow

We had a power cut on the airfield at the weekend - could that have been them too?
Seems a reasonable explanation to me.

DeWitch - 12-11-2009 at 13:41

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
The aliens have been playing with the power down here too! I've lost count of how many blackouts we've suffered in the last few weeks.

Here too
thank goodness for the new generator

giron - 12-11-2009 at 13:49

It's all too much of a coincidence, isn't it?

I reckon that some people are in for a shock when they get abducted by extraterrestrials and end up with a probe stuck up their bum! waggyfinger

Daz - 12-11-2009 at 13:56

Quote:
I reckon that some people are in for a shock when they get abducted by extraterrestrials and end up with a probe stuck up their bum! waggyfinger

Fantasising again...? ;)

DeWitch - 12-11-2009 at 13:57

Quote:
It's all too much of a coincidence, isn't it?

LOVE the sarcasm meter, could have used it in my last postkewl_glasses
Hubby often calls me "the queen of sarcasm"

giron - 12-11-2009 at 14:04

Us fully qualified academics often utilise the sarcasmOtron. ;)

John Barnes - 12-11-2009 at 19:52

It could be a re-issue of the Carpenters "calling all intergalactic.instersteller space craft "as every man and his dog are busy bringing out cd's for Christmas.jmb

giron - 12-11-2009 at 20:05

Have the aliens sent you a birthday card and present?

The thing is, they're not to be trusted, remain on your guard!

BTW, happy birthday from me too, no present, of course, I'm saving all my spare cash to stock up my underground bunker, in readiness for the invasion.

John Barnes - 12-11-2009 at 21:11

No present needed Giron just your friendship will do.
thought my old Chershire mate might have remembered but sulks are sulks . jmb

giron - 12-11-2009 at 21:15

Quote:

thought my old Chershire mate might have remembered but sulks are sulks . jmb

Yes, but he'd only send you a Man U birthday card and possibly a Man U mug. shocked_yellow

John Barnes - 12-11-2009 at 21:21

NowI wonder what a Manchester United mug would look like wearing a red jersey jmb

giron - 12-11-2009 at 21:26

Perhaps we are being too harsh?

What if he's been abducted by the aliens and subjected various probes?

Most likely, he decided to stay aboard the spaceship when he found they'd got Sky Sports. ;)

Daz - 12-11-2009 at 23:21

^ :D ^

Wonder what size dish they use...? Lets hope they pick their channels to watch wisely, as they'd get a pretty skewed impression of us from certain channels...!

scholar - 13-11-2009 at 02:36

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz

Wonder what size dish they use...? Lets hope they pick their channels to watch wisely, as they'd get a pretty skewed impression of us from certain channels...!
Perhaps the aliens watch CNN or MSNBC, and think the US is ruled by God Himself in the Whitehouse.

giron - 13-11-2009 at 11:56

Quote:
and think the US is ruled by God Himself in the Whitehouse.

Have you got any evidence to suggest that Obama isn't God?

References in little known ancient scripts seem to predict that he might be.

Only the other night, our local study group was discussing this very matter.

John Barnes - 13-11-2009 at 20:01

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz

Perhaps the aliens watch CNN or MSNBC, and think the US is ruled by God Himself in the Whitehouse.

Or the Anti christ. jmb

LSemmens - 15-11-2009 at 09:07

Send some of it down here! Pleeeeeeeze! With chocolate coated nuts dipped in Tia Maria on top!

LSemmens - 15-11-2009 at 09:08

oops= wrong thread!

LSemmens - 15-11-2009 at 09:11

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz

Or the Anti christ. jmb

You are much nearer to the truth, John. :D

giron - 15-11-2009 at 13:22

That's not scholars blogspot, is it? shocked_yellow

scholar - 17-11-2009 at 17:09

If Obama does make the announcement, with an account of contacts with extra-terrestrials, would you believe him?

Would anyone believe him?

Would Obama be believed if some aliens were with him?

giron - 17-11-2009 at 19:14

Quote:
If Obama does make the announcement, with an account of contacts with extra-terrestrials, would you believe him?

You'd have to believe him. otherwise he'd get the aliens to exterminate you! waggyfinger

scholar - 18-11-2009 at 01:55

Quote:
You'd have to believe him. otherwise he'd get the aliens to exterminate you! waggyfinger
He is already in the process of implementing an extermination plan. It involves taking control of the health system that all ordinary people use.

But the Congress and the President are exempted from the system that will be imposed on everyone else, in every version of the legislation.lips_sealed

giron - 30-12-2009 at 17:21

It's about time Obama make his announcement, isn't it? confused2

marymary100 - 30-12-2009 at 17:28

It was all a ruse - couldn't you tell what the real agenda was? ;)

giron - 30-12-2009 at 17:34

No, Obama is a cunning devil, I've no idea what the real agenda was.

Katzy - 30-12-2009 at 17:46

All aliens support Moan Utd.

giron - 30-12-2009 at 17:50

I wonder if Sir Fergie has ever had an alien probe stuck up his botty?

Katzy - 30-12-2009 at 21:17

They tried, but couldn't find it, when they went to retrieve it.

giron - 30-12-2009 at 22:42

Has he still got it stuck up there?

No wonder he walks with a slight limp.

Daz - 31-12-2009 at 02:48

Quote:
Has he still got it stuck up there?

No wonder he walks with a slight limp.

That's the tea cups and hairdryers he keeps in his pockets....

scholar - 31-12-2009 at 03:01

President Obama has been behind his original schedule in almost everything he has tried to do. He once explained that you have to set some kind of schedule, even if you can't do it on time, because anything without a target date just gets pushed aside in Washingtom.

If the President makes an announcement within the next month or so, it would be "on time" for him.

And I agree that, with many things, it is better to take enough time to do a good job, especially in matters related to the Presidency.