Karl`s PC Help Forums

Fannie Mae asks for another $15bn ......
giron - 6-11-2009 at 23:02

Should the US government cave in to this latest request, or is it time to say NO!

It seems to me that they're between a rock and a hard place.

LSemmens - 7-11-2009 at 13:06

You are Scholar and I claim my prize!

scholar - 7-11-2009 at 21:50

:( I think the money must be forthcoming.

Both companies should be reduced in size, either by taking on fewer loans or by dividing them into smaller entities.

Some politicians are bemoaning that there has been no effective rescue for those who owe on their mortgages and are unable to keep up. If a family cannot really buy the home, and there are no prospective buyers who meet reasonable loan criteria, I think the banks should rent the homes. This means a lot of trouble for the banks, who do NOT wish to be in the rental business, but I think it is the best alternative.

And the government needs to reduce taxes, so there is not such great pressure on businesses to fire people.

And the government needs to stop overspending.

giron - 8-11-2009 at 01:19

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
You are Scholar and I claim my prize!

It's ruddy pitiful the lengths some people go to, in order to win a Tunnock's tea cake! shocked_yellow

marymary100 - 8-11-2009 at 01:21

Give me $15b and you too can have your very own Tunnock's Tea Cake.

LSemmens - 9-11-2009 at 11:39

I only want to win it, giron, just to prevent you from doing so! nananana

BOT

You are quite correct in your analysis, Scholar (the real one), the banks are partly to blame for the current situation and should help shoulder the responsibility of correcting it.