Karl`s PC Help Forums

Recent article about the New York City "Rubber Rooms"
scholar - 8-9-2009 at 23:33

Rubber rooms are where New York teachers are literally warehoused and paid when they are taken out of the classroom, but have not actually been lawfully terminated. Those who run the school system would prefer that they quit, at this point, but many tolerate the rubber rooms for the sake of continuing to get their salaries and benefits, even though they are not allowed to teach.

Here is the aricle.

There is a reference in the article to an attempt by the Obama administration to improve education (in a way which I think is a step in the right direction).

LSemmens - 9-9-2009 at 01:48

Political posts in the politics forum, please!

scholar - 9-9-2009 at 03:30

If I were posting to initiate a discussion about the politics, I would have put it there.

I posted about the problem of dealing with teachers whose union drags out any action against them, which is not political, and the post properly belongs in Discussion.:)

I mentioned the reference to Obama to pre-empt anyone who would mistakenly think it was a political topic, simply because the link also mentioned Obama. It is not as if I can chose to link to only the part of the page which does not mention him.

Redwolf5150 - 9-9-2009 at 03:34

Still have that problem with rules, eh?

:D

marymary100 - 9-9-2009 at 06:05

Recent article but certainly an old topic. This has been mentioned before and it would have served you better if you'd done a search for that topic and added this post in to it. hth

Furthermore, your post was moved because it was reported to be frank as sitting by itself and mentioning Obama it is now political rather than discussion which the original thread aimed to be.

Perhaps you didn't learn as much from your period of reflection as you ought to have.

scholar - 9-9-2009 at 13:10

When others make new posts about subjects that have been mentioned before (e.g., posts about what we are reading), they do not get criticized for it.

I ask to be treated with the same kindness others receive.

Daz - 10-9-2009 at 00:32

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
When others make new posts about subjects that have been mentioned before (e.g., posts about what we are reading), they do not get criticized for it.

I ask to be treated with the same kindness others receive.

What a crock. You started a new thread about "Rubber rooms" yet you ignored the thread you yourself started back in August 08 also about "Rubber rooms". Even you can see the connection, surely?

Most Mods/Admins would have merged the threads, you have been treated kindly.

scholar - 10-9-2009 at 03:46

Daz, I asked to be treated with "the same kindness as others." If the Bear and I were treated the same, how is it that I am criticized for starting a new thread about a new article on a subject once previously discussed, but the Bear was not so criticized when he started yet another thread on what is currently being read? The answer, of course, is we were not treated the same..

marymary100 - 10-9-2009 at 06:14

Perhaps it's down to tone and friendliness. There's something innoccuous about "what book are you reading" but connotations of provocation in other threads.

If people are complaining about your threads/posts - and they are - perhaps you could learn from Bear who never offends anyone. hth

Redwolf5150 - 10-9-2009 at 14:23

Some children never learn.

:D

The difference between you and Bear is that he is huggable.

:D :D :D :D :D

scholar - 10-9-2009 at 14:51

Quite the contrary, O Redwolf, I am one of the most huggable people I know, to men and women alike.

I have a friend who carries HIV, who does not get so many hugs in his life any more--but he knows I will return a hug.:D

huggydo

Redwolf5150 - 10-9-2009 at 14:59

There is giving hugs and being huggable.

Two different thangs