Karl`s PC Help Forums

Would you like a Kenya birth certificate?
scholar - 6-8-2009 at 16:23

If so, this site is for you.

http://kenyanbirthcertificategenerator.com/

:jester) :jester)

marymary100 - 6-8-2009 at 17:01

Moved to the politics forum - you know why.

the bear - 6-8-2009 at 17:04

Don't know about Kenyan birth certificates but if anybody is interested I can sort them out with a Scouse passport!!!

Regards the Bear

scholar - 6-8-2009 at 17:09

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Because you see politics in every shadow and breath of wind? Because it's my post, and you like to mess with my posts? Because you don't distinguish between humor and politics?

marymary100 - 6-8-2009 at 17:11

Because there is a whole movement of "birthers" who are trying to belittle President Obama at every turn - not that you would stoop so low of course.

More info here for those who are unaware of this group who operate with a flagrant disregard for the truth.

scholar - 6-8-2009 at 17:27

No one needs to belittle Obama.

He is sinking his own ship. His poll numbers are plummeting. His policies are harming the country. He compelled the car companies to close dealerships, putting people out of work. He is trying to muscle out the health insurance companies, which will destroy those jobs. His cap-and-trade bill will kill jobs in the coal and oil industries. His destroy-used-cars program makes older cars scarce for poor people to buy, and the people who trade in cars they owned to get new cars on which they owe twenty or thirty thousand dollars are immediately swimming in debt (remember how people who were encouraged to buy homes they could not afford sunk the economy?). He said the stimulus bill needed to be passed immediately, or unemployment would go up past 8%. It passed, and unemployment rose to about 10%.

I heard an analyst put it this way. "People thought that, because he ran a masterful campaign, he would govern masterfully. He hasn't."

the bear - 6-8-2009 at 17:30

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar

He is sinking his own ship. His poll numbers are plummeting. His policies are harming the country. He compelled the car companies to close dealerships, putting people out of work. He is trying to muscle out the health insurance companies, which will destroy those jobs. His cap-and-trade bill will kill jobs in the coal and oil industries. His destroy-used-cars program makes older cars scarce for poor people to buy, and the people who trade in cars they owned to get new cars on which they owe twenty or thirty thousand dollars are immediately swimming in debt (remember how people who were encouraged to buy homes they could not afford sunk the economy?). He said the stimulus bill needed to be passed immediately, or unemployment would go up past 8%. It passed, and unemployment rose to about 10%.

I heard an analyst put it this way. "People thought that, because he ran a masterful campaign, he would govern masterfully. He hasn't."

Dare I hazzard a suggestion that the above is why this topic has been moved to the Political fora.

Regards the Bear

scholar - 6-8-2009 at 17:39

Quote:
More info here for those who are unaware of this group who operate with a flagrant disregard for the truth.
Actually, the Left is responsible for most of the attention given to the birth certificate that has not been made public.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/08/05/2009-08-05_liberals_birther_obsession.html

But my original post here made no mention of Obama at all. :angel)

scholar - 6-8-2009 at 18:58

Quote:
Rather, it's liberals, bent on portraying their conservative opponents as extremists - and changing the subject to help a President under increasing scrutiny for the substance of his policies - who are driving this story.
-That's from the site mentioned in my previous post.

Here's more on the same subject

http://townhall.com/columnists/JillianBandes/2009/07/30/liberal_bloggers_perpetuate_birther_conspiracy
--specifically, how a fraudulent video from a left-wing blogger was created to pour fuel on the fire.

Conservatives want attention directed toward Obama's bad policies, especially those which may be made into law if no one knows better. Also, there is a need for REAL health reform in the area of lawsuits and against insurance companies that deny claims for deceptive reasons.

Daz - 6-8-2009 at 19:26

Quote:

Didn't take long did it... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

marymary100 - 6-8-2009 at 19:42

Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
Quote:

Didn't take long did it... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sadly not. Although on the plus side for scholar at least it now has more responses than one of his political posts would normally. brshteeth

scholar - 6-8-2009 at 19:45

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:

Dare I hazzard a suggestion that the above is why this topic has been moved to the Political fora.

Regards the Bear
But, it wasn't part of this topic thread until after Marymary had moved it.

Surely it isn't right for Marymary to move a non-political thread to politics, because she is going to write about politics in the thread?

I remember discussing the idea of moving posts with Karl. This was when I was so new that I had just learned how distinctions might be made between chat and discussion. He did prefer that each member post where it would make sense to do so, so that posts could easily be found. But, he said he would NOT be over-ruling each poster and moving everything to conform to the headings. (However, I seem to remember he did move some threads to Trivia.:P)

I appreciate that he ruled with a light touch. His approach let the author of a post decide where to put the thread, which would also be a hint as to how the poster expected the conversation to go. Like any conversation, it might go in a different direction than the original post author expected.

Redwolf5150 - 6-8-2009 at 20:34

Quote:
Quote:
Because you see politics in every shadow and breath of wind? Because it's my post, and you like to mess with my posts? Because you don't distinguish between humor and politics?

Because she KNOWS what your ulterior motive was, perhaps?

And don't deny you had one, you devious, Republican SNAKE!

roffle

scholar - 6-8-2009 at 21:23

Ulterior motive? Not I. :angel

waffler - 7-8-2009 at 02:01

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Don't know about Kenyan birth certificates but if anybody is interested I can sort them out with a Scouse passport!!!

Regards the Bear [/quote

did it fall off the back of a truck :D

LSemmens - 7-8-2009 at 13:03

Quote:
But my original post here made no mention of Obama at all. :angel)
But your link did!

LSemmens - 12-9-2009 at 06:15

Interesting reading about the Hawaiian Birth certificate saga. It does raise some interesting questions and, I suspect, that Scholar may have a point as this article does seem to raise some questions that should be answered. I know nothing of this site so cannot vouch for its veracity. RW, your thoughts?

scholar - 12-9-2009 at 16:56

As I mentioned above, the Kenya birth cirtificate maker is a bit of fun; I didn't initiate anything political here.

The overwhelming majority of conservatives have dismissed the birth certificate question, while liberals have played it up, fanning the flames because they would like the public to think of conservatives as kooks who would look for any possible way to unthrone President Obama.

Ultimately, even if President Obama had been born in Kenya (I'm not saying he was), and if he would therefor not have been born a U.S. citizen according to the laws of the time, I do not think it would make a difference. If these things were so, would he be removed from the Presidency? I don't think so. Who would remove him? If he were removed, Vice-President Biden presumably would become President. Who would want that?

It is possible that President Obama does not want his original birth certificate to be released because his mother did not record the name of his father on the certificate. Having a public image of this would only be, in the eyes of some, an embarrassment to him.

It does seem to me that the controversy has demonstrated a flaw in the system, insofar as the requirements are mentioned in the Constitution, but there is no law requiring the candidates to prove that they meet the requirement. Suppose that President Obama does not have a birth certificate proving he is a natural-born citizen? The law does not require him to produce one.

I don't have one, either.:)

LSemmens - 12-9-2009 at 23:37

I was watching a documentary on "Churchill's German Army" which was fascinating. During WWII there were many expat. Germans fighting for the British against Hitler. Of all the soldiers interviewed, there is not one that I would have not been proud to know was backing me up in a dangerous situation. several were even involved in the taking of Berlin during the close of the war. One found his mother, still alive and then met the man who dobbed his father in to the Gestapo (his dad died in a concentration camp). He said it would have been easy to take the man for a walk in the woods from which only one returned, but he chose not to, what a brave and courageous attitude! One of these soldiers has even been knighted. They chose which side to fight on as has Obama! My point is, it matters not where you were born, what does matter is where your loyalties lie!