Karl`s PC Help Forums Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

In memory of Karl Davis, founder of this board, who made his final journey 12th June 2007

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: Professors arrest
delanti
Custom User Title

Theme: Coffee

Mood: Gaining momentum

[*] Post 383750 posted on 24-7-2009 at 22:55 Reply With Quote
Professors arrest

Since a few days have past and finally everyone including the media are starting to deal with the truth and the facts of the case what are your thoughts?

My take is that in responding to a 911 call about a burglary, the police officer in attempting to determine exactly what was going on was met by and educated Black man who decided to turn a routine call into a racial issue. For the first couple of days that is the message the media was selling and even the President called the Police officers actions stupid.

Now however since the President talked to both parties involved and found out the facts he has changed his tune. Even the Black Police officer who was on the scene says things were done by the book and there was no racial bias in the arrest. Since there were 2 officers, one black and one white at the scene who are telling the same story, how can I not be skeptical of the professors story.

Am I to believe that this was just a mistake on everyone's part or did a Black Harvard Professor attempt to put a racial spin on the incident just to create something that never was? Could this be the case of a Black man being racially prejudiced to a white police officer?

If this is how a renowned Harvard educator behaves it makes me wonder what our college students are being taught in college. confused2
the bear
Bears-r-Us

Theme: Purple

Mood: undecided

[*] Post 383751 posted on 24-7-2009 at 23:00 Reply With Quote

Delanti, I must of missed the original post and links, can you explain or put any links up.

Many thanks

Best regards the Bear waveysmiley
scholar
Knowledge of Ages

Theme: KF Blue (Default)

Mood: pensive

[*] Post 383762 posted on 25-7-2009 at 02:50 Reply With Quote

Here is one link about background information on the professor's views.

Here is something from CNN.

I'll be back with another post with links to text articles on the events of the story. (Those here are the first ones I found.)
Post new thread Poll:

Guest Notice
You are a guest, as a guest you can only see a maximum of 3 posts per thread.

If you want to see the rest, please click here to register.