Karl`s PC Help Forums

Christian compassion for the immigrant
marymary100 - 5-9-2015 at 20:17

Sadly lacking, if social media is anything to go by....

And yet -

When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

The native people showed us unusual kindness, for they kindled a fire and welcomed us all, because it had begun to rain and was cold.

The Good Book

scholar - 6-9-2015 at 00:11

These are appropriate passages for Christians to remember and live.kewl_glasses

John Barnes - 6-9-2015 at 14:35

ISIS: ‘We will use refugee crisis to infiltrate West’( chew on that) jmb

John Barnes - 13-9-2015 at 23:28

So it begins
Isis have infiltrated over 4000 insurgents into Europe the German Police have had pitched battles when the Islamic state flag was raised and Germany is starting to close its borders
I forecast this weeks ago but the Pc brigade extolled Christian Charity now its coming back to bite them on the behind, and mark my word it will come to our shores, Thank god the Army is still white and Christian, but ever the case Lions led by Donkeys

the bear - 14-9-2015 at 04:16

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Sadly lacking, if social media is anything to go by....

And yet -

When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

The native people showed us unusual kindness, for they kindled a fire and welcomed us all, because it had begun to rain and was cold.

The Good Book

Charity begins at home. smokin: a Britishism!

Regards the Bear waveysmiley

John Barnes - 14-9-2015 at 05:06

Is there only You bear and myself that believe that charity begins at home? have we been overwhelmed by the politically correct brigade ?when will Europe not see that they along with ourselves we have been successfully invaded with our eyes shut and willingly, the Asiatics have done something that the might of German arms could not do twice in the last Century all at the behest of our masters greed for cheap labour,

John_Little - 14-9-2015 at 09:39

Yes.

LSemmens - 14-9-2015 at 14:22

The "good book" also says

Be wise as serpents and innocent as Doves.

There is nothing to say that we can be walked all over. Of course, we should allow true refugees in. Of course, we also should ensure that those are true refugees.

the bear - 15-9-2015 at 03:02

Quote:
Originally posted by John_Little
Yes.

The ground swell of opinion locally to me ( young and old) is not only "enough, enough", but far too much!
Our own economy would be a lot healthier if we stopped handing out weekly millions to begging strangers.

Regards the Bear

marymary100 - 15-9-2015 at 06:08

I wonder how many of those complaining about looking after refugees are also those who complain about "benefit scroungers, single parents, greedy pensioners" etc.?

And btw bear, isn't your son an example of someone who moved to a different country in search of a better life?

LSemmens - 15-9-2015 at 07:54

Of course, moving somewhere in search of a better life is fair reason to move. Provided, of course, that
a) there is a better life to be had
b) the better life does not create burden on the new "somewhere"
c) by moving it does not stretch already limited resources for the current inhabitants.

Even in OZ if you are unemployed and on benefits you're not permitted to move to an area that has high unemployment. i.e. you can move there, but you may no longer be eligible for benefits. FWIW YS did just that, and had to jump through all sorts of hoops before they agreed to continue his benefit. Of course, within a few weeks he found work in the area and is very happy with his work, and they, him.

LSemmens - 15-9-2015 at 07:57

I might also add, that moving to new country is also valid, provided that the intended country has work for you to do and there are no suitable "locals" to fill the position. If we all had open borders you'd find very rapidly that you'd have to move somewhere else for a "better" life as there would always be someone willing to do your job for less than you were willing to be paid.

John_Little - 15-9-2015 at 09:41

What amazes me - well one of the things that amazes me - is how we boast about how good we were at supporting refugees during the last world war and then as soon as history repeats itself, its a case of "build up the barricades!" Or is it pull the ladder up?

Katzy - 15-9-2015 at 10:17

I think a lot of it is down to the fact that there's not enough housing, money, or anything for our own. So, how are we going to take thousands of new people in? There aren't enough jobs, now. What will they do? More on benefits? Who pays for that?

I think people, here, are scared, more than anything.

Katzy - 15-9-2015 at 12:06

'course, there's another worry...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/15/refugee-crisis-one-50-islamic-state-radicals-lebanese-minister_n_8138334.html?utm_hp_ ref=uk-news

the bear - 16-9-2015 at 01:36

Quote:
I wonder how many of those complaining about looking after refugees are also those who complain about "benefit scroungers, single parents, greedy pensioners" etc.?

And btw bear, isn't your son an example of someone who moved to a different country in search of a better life?

A point of correctness, My son didn't move to America in search of a better life, he was seconded to move to Austin in Texas to head a new design team, originally he was to work as Principal Design engineer on a two-year contract.
The company he works for is a British company with a head office in Oxford.
The company has satellite offices all over the world, to date Robert has worked for the firm in Japan (15 months). Hong-kong, Isreal, Spain, Germany France and Denmark.
After two years, he was promoted into a permanent America position
( which he didn't really want to do) he was vetted and interviewed over and over by the American Homeland Security agency and the FBI.
His fiancee could only be allowed to stay on in America if they married and that she intended to work. (His wife has a degree in Education and a BA in Teaching; she is now Administrative Head of Austin International School).

Since taking up his new post, Robert has worked in Canada, the Caribean, Mexico, Chile and Argentina.
Despite all his globe-trotting Robert considers himself to be English with a home in England where he will eventually return to live.
I would say that he doesn't fit the mold of immigrant or refugee.

It's also of note that Robert has never taken a social payment or a handout in either country, in fact, he put himself through University with my help and by working as a porter in the hospital. (till he was 24)
Both myself and Robs brother have worked all our lives, in fact at one time Robert was paying taxes both here and in the states. So as a family I think we have earned the right to opine in the negative about Benefit scroungers, dole dossers and incomers that take from the system before they've put anything in the pot.

Regards the Bear.

marymary100 - 16-9-2015 at 06:17

Ah, discussions - don't you love them!

The point remains that he has a better life because he moved overseas just like I did when I did the same. We both "took jobs" that local people could have done. We were allowed to work overseas so never took benefits. We are both fortunate enough to not be "in receipt of benefits" here or there.

The fact we were both better qualified than the locals is neither here nor there because some of the immigrants in this country would be doing white collar jobs if we let them but they are reduced to blue collar jobs or taking benefits because we often don't allow them to work in the same fields they are qualified for.

Asylum seekers are not allowed to work, nor are refugees. They get a voucher for £19 per week to spend on all they need for food, clothing etc. If you imagine they are crossing oceans and endangering themselves for this princely sum, you are wrong.

It's a slippery slope however if we fall for the narrative that the only people allowed an opinion are those who "pay in" to the system.

John_Little - 16-9-2015 at 10:23

To be fair, It does seem that there are a number of people who have jumped on the band wagon as it were and are taking advantage of the chaos to "sneak in". Mind you, you'd still have to be pretty desperate to do what most of them are doing. Its obviously not a casual whim.

Having said that, its unfortunate that the TV people seem to have found and interviewed a lot of the less charismatic ones and there have been times even I have swayed in my opinion.

But. At the end of the day, there are thousands of really desperate people who truly are frightened for their lives and the lives of their children every bit as much as those fleeing the Nazis during the second world war. I am disappointed by the blanket attitude of people who I thought were capable of a lot more compassion.

marymary100 - 16-9-2015 at 16:35

Quote:
... I am disappointed by the blanket attitude of people who I thought were capable of a lot more compassion.
Ditto.

I am glad to see that we are letting in some refugees from refugee camps.

Taking people in from camps means:

* vetting can be done in advance
* there is no queue jumping
* those who need our support get it

Hungary on the other hand seem much less "British" in their response.

Katzy - 16-9-2015 at 19:49

I feel for them, though, a bit. It must feel like they're being invaded.

LSemmens - 17-9-2015 at 03:09

It's always going to be a difficult situation. If we "just let them all in" we will run the risk of importing the problems that caused them to flee. (Very broad terms here). If we lock them all out, we are then going to be as guilty as those who "evicted" them from their homes. I do find it difficult to understand the problems that they perceive with being held in detention whilst their applications for asylum are assessed. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here but, eldest son's partner works in one of the detention centres and often there is unrest because of the rumour that some are going to be moved, or deported. That begs the question though, are they genuinely terrified of going "home" or are they just plain angry at being caught out? Some seem to be troublemakers from day one but, even then it is difficult to "cull" them as they tend to stir the others up with the aforementioned rumours. And then, even though, we know our places of detention are "safe", if they've never experienced this before and have a, rightful, distrust of authority, based on their "recent" experience, how do we deal with that?

There is no easy solution, nor is there ever going to be. Unfortunately we live in far more mobile world than that of the Wars (WW1 & 2) with far better communication. That makes it easier for the radicals (IS in this case) to mobilise and cause mass problem and for people (many more because of the radical problem) to "run away". Time was when all people could do was walk and, possibly, hop on a train or truck. Now, we have far more access to faster, and cheaper, transport and news is broadcast as it happens, not some months later because of delays in the mail.

John Barnes - 17-9-2015 at 07:36

The way I look at it what would Australia do if over half million people demanded and tried to force entry into the country, or what would Saudi do if half a million Christians tried to enter their country and bring their religion with them. Islam believes no matter how good a person, if they don't conform to Islam and Allah they are condemned souls and infidels

John_Little - 17-9-2015 at 08:51

But it should be half a million distributed evenly throughout the EU. I do believe its something we ought to have a fair common policy on .

LSemmens - 17-9-2015 at 09:20

We have own problems with illegal immigrants, John, our saving grace is that we are isolated from the rest of the world and the only method of gaining access to the country is by sea or air. The Wiki on Australia's asylum policies makes for a good read. Considering our population base, we do quite well. Another factor that much of the rest of the world tends to overlook is that a large portion of our continent is incapable of supporting more than one person, let alone the thousands that claim refuge.

marymary100 - 17-9-2015 at 14:50

Quote:
But it should be half a million distributed evenly throughout the EU. I do believe its something we ought to have a fair common policy on .

500,000 being distributed amongst 500,000,000. Hardly overpowering or swamping especially if we take the women and children who are in the camps.

John Barnes - 17-9-2015 at 19:57

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
We have own problems with illegal immigrants, John, our saving grace is that we are isolated from the rest of the world and the only method of gaining access to the country is by sea or air. The Wiki on Australia's asylum policies makes for a good read. Considering our population base, we do quite well. Another factor that much of the rest of the world tends to overlook is that a large portion of our continent is incapable of supporting more than one person, let alone the thousands that claim refuge.

I am not saying you don't have your own problems, mine was a hypothetical question of the consequences that would occur if it was possible for over 500,000 immigrants trying to swamp Australia's shores in one go, it is not happening, but just suppose it did , despite this so called Christian charity
I think the Australian military would have some thing to say if it did occur that is all I was musing over

marymary100 - 18-9-2015 at 08:00

My union has just donated £10,000 to help refugees overseas.

LSemmens - 18-9-2015 at 11:30

The point being, John, as a percentage of population we do have a similar problem. As mary has observed 500,000 between 500,000,000 means 1 in a thousand spread over the entire EU. During 2012, more than 17,000 asylum seekers arrived via boat or roughly 1 per 1,500 (Aust Pop - 23,000,000). We are only one country and the EU consists of 28 countries which, on a per country basis, is quite comparable.

John Barnes - 18-9-2015 at 19:21

Well if over 500.000 boat people descend on the northern shore of Oz in ONE go, I will be very interested in the Australian response

LSemmens - 18-9-2015 at 21:58

We might cancel the Barbie.........:D

Katzy - 19-9-2015 at 09:25

What's happening, now, IS an invasion, surely?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34300227

the bear - 19-9-2015 at 09:29

Quote:

How much did the union donate towards the 850 old people that sleep rough in Glasgow every night? :o

Regards the Bear

Katzy - 19-9-2015 at 09:45

Point well made, there, Mr. B.

marymary100 - 19-9-2015 at 09:59

Quote:
Originally posted by the bear
Quote:

How much did the union donate towards the 850 old people that sleep rough in Glasgow every night? :o

Regards the Bear

Funny you should say that. As a teacher group everything we do is aimed at children charity-wise. We donate to foodbanks etc. as a group. So the "elderly" in general are not our target group however by looking out for children in homeless shelters and those living in poverty there would be an indirect freeing up of resources towards other groups by the local authority etc. The money donated to refugees will be aimed at children in the refugee camps - you're not objecting to that surely?

http://www.eis.org.uk/images/equality/Policies%20consults/EIS%20poverty%20Advice%20Booklet%20pageWEB.pdf

One of my friends works with rough sleepers. Most, sadly, are there by choice because they have not taken the offered help. http://www.ghn.org.uk/hip/node/155

LSemmens - 20-9-2015 at 04:15

Quote:
Most, sadly, are there by choice
There are many who are there by choice but I would not say that most are. My Uncle was in charge of the Salvos homeless shelters and welfare programs back last century. My mum worked there. Most of the tenants (in the mens hostel) had alcohol issues which, in many cases was the reason that they would "refuse" help. Only because the help came with "strings" like - give up the drink. The back stories of some of these men were interesting. Some of the men were accountants, lawyers and the like, who just decided that one day they'd had enough and walked away from it all. Obviously, mental health issues need be addressed. The alcohol problems may have come about as a result of pressures at work, or, my have become a means of escape from the cold or their current circumstance.

marymary100 - 20-9-2015 at 08:42

Quote:
Originally posted by LSemmens
Quote:
Most, sadly, are there by choice
There are many who are there by choice but I would not say that most are. My Uncle was in charge of the Salvos homeless shelters and welfare programs back last century. My mum worked there. Most of the tenants (in the mens hostel) had alcohol issues which, in many cases was the reason that they would "refuse" help. Only because the help came with "strings" like - give up the drink. The back stories of some of these men were interesting. Some of the men were accountants, lawyers and the like, who just decided that one day they'd had enough and walked away from it all. Obviously, mental health issues need be addressed. The alcohol problems may have come about as a result of pressures at work, or, my have become a means of escape from the cold or their current circumstance.

Sharon Cadell posted this about homelessness on FB and she is encouraging as many people as possible to share it so people know how things really are.

Quote:

I cannot bear what I'm seeing posted or reposted on FB. So many made up malicious reports. I work in homelessness and housing and have done for a lot of years now. And I can tell you this is true: ex-service personnel do actually get highest priority for housing allocations if they're in accommodation need, because it's a legal duty, and Councils want to help them.

Homelessness, and rough sleeping, is very very complex, sometimes complicated by a person having mental health/ substance misuse issues. It can rarely be solved by just giving a person a house, because homeless people, particularly rough sleepers, often need a lot of support, which they won't always accept.

In fact, we have more empty properties in this country than homeless people. Very few ex service personnel become homeless, and if they do, it's usually for very complex reasons, and everything possible is done to offer them help and support, as with anyone homeless.

I can also say that refugees rarely ask councils for help with housing, and that on the rare occasions they do, they really don't get special treatment or higher priority than anyone, including ex service personnel and homeless people. Please can people stop sharing Britain First posts. There is no truth in them, they just fuel hatred against the vulnerable and they are ultimately and completely full of ****.

LSemmens - 22-9-2015 at 07:24

That is very good assessment of the situation that she deals with, and, obviously, would be far more current than my observations. It's interesting that refugees rarely ask councils for help with housing, I wonder how refugees get on. Her observations, whilst very British centric could be transferred anywhere, I suspect.

the bear - 27-9-2015 at 13:38

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Regards the Bear

Funny you should say that. As a teacher group everything we do is aimed at children charity-wise. We donate to foodbanks etc. as a group. So the "elderly" in general are not our target group however by looking out for children in homeless shelters and those living in poverty there would be an indirect freeing up of resources towards other groups by the local authority etc. The money donated to refugees will be aimed at children in the refugee camps - you're not objecting to that surely?

FWIW, I'm not racist, homophobic or lacking Christian compassion, I do however form my opinions on what goes on around me.
Amid the hullabaloo from the continent, and the middle east that so called refugees and asylum seekers make, could we not open our hearts and listen out for the small voice of our own aged homeless and youngsters that sleep out leaving themselves exposed to all manner of depravity.
Should we not give a thought for our own babies and children that get denied life-saving operations and cancer drugs because their area Health Trust hasn't got the money to fund such treatment.

Should I not feel angry when I read about a gang of incomers that have raped and brutalised some young girl or a ring of Asian paedophiles that are systematically grooming young boys for their own vile use.
I've read reports that some of the refugee camps in Europe are rife with child abusers and rapists and that women there live in fear of being brutalised.
I certainly don't want to get to a time where my wife and daughters are reluctant to venture out because they are frightened of being exposed to the lawlessness that some of the incomers are bringing with them.

I find it alarming that the migrants have brought fresh strains of TB to our isle along with a sharp increase of STIs, this alone will put a financial strain on our hospital resources. mind you perhaps we can balance the books by cancelling a batch of hip replacements for our elderly.

A couple miles from where I live is the sea-side resort of New Brighton, an area of retirement flats and sheltered housing; the local council in their wisdom have housed refugee families and asylum seekers in this small village, several hundred single incomers have also been housed in Bed n Breakfast accommodation as well. ( Paid for by us the Taxpayer) The council in their eagerness to comply with the dictates of Brussels have effectively turned a sedate Victorian enclave into a no-go area. On Friday and Saturday nights, the differing ethnicities fuelled with alcohol lead to mass brawling in the vicinity of the two local pubs. The local residents don't dare venture out after dark. it's quite normal for police cars and ambulances to have to attend ( I watch them flying by from the flat, some nights the police helicopter is involved as well). Who pays for the emergency services to attend? We do!!!!
The local Super Market now employ floor walkers to patrol the aisles of the shop to combat the rise in shop lifting that's blatantly carried out by the ethnic incomers. Likewise, the Off-licence / convenience store in the High Street now has two bouncers on duty at a weekend. ( The cost of employing those extra staffs will no doubt be passed on to us, the buying public).
It's worth mentioning that if you're passing the Victoria Street traffic lights
at about 6.30 in a morning you'll see gangs of migrant men looking to be picked up for a day's work by local builders and market traders, ( Of course they'll be paying tax and national insurance).

Refugees or not, do you want this sort of people on your doorstep. The flow of refugees has now become a tidal wave that is unsustainable and will very quickly deplete the countries resources.

Let common sense prevail for once.

Regards the Bear.

marymary100 - 27-9-2015 at 14:47

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Regards the Bear

FWIW, I'm not racist, homophobic or lacking Christian compassion, I do however form my opinions on what goes on around me.
Amid the hullabaloo from the continent, and the middle east that so called refugees and asylum seekers make, could we not open our hearts and listen out for the small voice of our own aged homeless and youngsters that sleep out leaving themselves exposed to all manner of depravity.
Should we not give a thought for our own babies and children that get denied life-saving operations and cancer drugs because their area Health Trust hasn't got the money to fund such treatment.

We do.

Quote:

Should I not feel angry when I read about a gang of incomers that have raped and brutalised some young girl or a ring of Asian paedophiles that are systematically grooming young boys for their own vile use.
I've read reports that some of the refugee camps in Europe are rife with child abusers and rapists and that women there live in fear of being brutalised.
I certainly don't want to get to a time where my wife and daughters are reluctant to venture out because they are frightened of being exposed to the lawlessness that some of the incomers are bringing with them.

You should feel angry about any form of rape and abuse.

Quote:

I find it alarming that the migrants have brought fresh strains of TB to our isle along with a sharp increase of STIs, this alone will put a financial strain on our hospital resources. mind you perhaps we can balance the books by cancelling a batch of hip replacements for our elderly.

The TB statistics are going down as far as I know. 2014

Quote:
A couple miles from where I live is the sea-side resort of New Brighton, an area of retirement flats and sheltered housing; the local council in their wisdom have housed refugee families and asylum seekers in this small village, several hundred single incomers have also been housed in Bed n Breakfast accommodation as well. ( Paid for by us the Taxpayer) The council in their eagerness to comply with the dictates of Brussels have effectively turned a sedate Victorian enclave into a no-go area. On Friday and Saturday nights, the differing ethnicities fuelled with alcohol lead to mass brawling in the vicinity of the two local pubs. The local residents don't dare venture out after dark. it's quite normal for police cars and ambulances to have to attend ( I watch them flying by from the flat, some nights the police helicopter is involved as well). Who pays for the emergency services to attend? We do!!!!
The local Super Market now employ floor walkers to patrol the aisles of the shop to combat the rise in shop lifting that's blatantly carried out by the ethnic incomers. Likewise, the Off-licence / convenience store in the High Street now has two bouncers on duty at a weekend. ( The cost of employing those extra staffs will no doubt be passed on to us, the buying public).
at about 6.30 in a morning you'll see gangs of migrant men looking to be picked up for a day's work by local builders and market traders, ( Of course they'll be paying tax and national insurance).

Your main objections are financial?

If they are flouting employment laws, report them.

Quote:
Refugees or not, do you want this sort of people on your doorstep. The flow of refugees has now become a tidal wave that is unsustainable and will very quickly deplete the countries resources.

Regards the Bear.

I see lots of points about what we shouldn't be doing but not many about what you would do.

Should we:
let them drown
force them back to their own countries
take care of them in camps?

the bear - 27-9-2015 at 15:21

Report them, if the government didn't let them in then there would be no need to report anybody.

As in New Brighton, the incomers are destroying the fabric of English society.

What we should do is close the door now before the damage is irreversible, I want my grandchildren celebrating the Nativity not the Festival of Light.

Regards the Bear

the bear - 27-9-2015 at 16:05

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Regards the Bear

We do.

Quote:

You should feel angry about any form of rape and abuse.

Quote:

The TB statistics are going down as far as I know. 2014

Quote:

Your main objections are financial?

If they are flouting employment laws, report them.

Quote:

Regards the Bear.

I see lots of points about what we shouldn't be doing but not many about what you would do.

Should we:
let them drown
force them back to their own countries
take care of them in camps?

Take care of them in camps but then send them back smokin:

Regards the Bear

marymary100 - 27-9-2015 at 17:20

I don't disagree with your solution in the last post. Unfortunately it will also cost money.

LSemmens - 28-9-2015 at 05:56

What we should consider doing is turning the clock back a few decades.

Quote:
from another forum recounting the experience of a member's parents
The refugees, then, were housed in camps , not allowed to work, taken out on day trips under supervision to break the monotomy of being held in one place, not allowed to leave the camp under any circumstance unless in the company of a supervisor, fed, given basic clothing, a small allowance to buy basic things they may need from the canteen to cover anything not provided and provided with a bed and shower in the barracks.

There was no automatically becoming a citizen or resident, each person was assessed case by case, once granted that they were not to be returned other options were found other than staying in that country. (French Foreign Legion, Australia or Canada)

marymary100 - 28-9-2015 at 06:07

Australia then...

the bear - 28-9-2015 at 18:39

Today in the local shopping centre while I was sat outside a pavement cafe I watch a group of Syrian women and children( a group of about 25 ) not just begging but aggressively asking people over and over for money, following them up and down the pedestrian area from shop to shop. Several older people were visibly intimidated by this.
The police were sent for by someone, a big argument ensued which got out of hand till extra police were called for and everybody herded into vans and take away to the police station.

England my England! A lovely sunny Monday morning start to the week :(

Regards the Bear

marymary100 - 28-9-2015 at 19:07

How did you know they were Syrian? They sound a bit like the Roma in Paris.

John Barnes - 28-9-2015 at 19:23

1,700 people now being made redundant in Redcar All out of a job and yet we still import Syrians and other migrants, when will the Government understand the hotel is full and grow a set and tell EU and Germany they don't have the authority to throw open our borders we never signed up for Shengen

the bear - 28-9-2015 at 19:37

Quote:

One of the group was sat in a doorway with several young children, plus a dog and a cardboard sign declaring them to be what they were.

Regards, the Bear.

the bear - 28-9-2015 at 19:46

Quote:
Originally posted by John Barnes
1,700 people now being made redundant in Redcar All out of a job and yet we still import Syrians and other migrants, when will the Government understand the hotel is full and grow a set and tell EU and Germany they don't have the authority to throw open our borders we never signed up for Shengen

Listening to some of the local Sunday league football players (New Brighton 1st) after the match bothered me as feeling was running high with talk of taking things into their own hands and sorting all the incomers out in New Brighton, this could lead to the Dawn of the Vigilante. Local people have had enough!
If that happens the British way of life will be gone forever.

Regards the Bear

marymary100 - 28-9-2015 at 20:19

I don't suppose aggressive beggars would lie?

John_Little - 28-9-2015 at 20:36

Quote:
Quote:

One of the group was sat in a doorway with several young children, plus a dog and a cardboard sign declaring them to be what they were.

Regards, the Bear.

You don't think that maybe they thought saying they were Syrian may have encouraged more people to give? Just a thought.

the bear - 28-9-2015 at 21:06

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Regards, the Bear.

You don't think that maybe they thought saying they were Syrian may have encouraged more people to give? Just a thought.

I was under the impression that those that want to give do, but either way its very intimidating for a couple of old ladies to be harassed for money from shop to shop.

Regards the Bear

John_Little - 29-9-2015 at 09:22

When I was a member of the labour party, I did a lot of canvassing at election time. When I knocked at one door, a baby started screaming and a very irate mother came to the door and told me I'd just woken up her baby after she had only just got it to sleep. I told her I was canvassing on behalf of the Conservative party.

Katzy - 29-9-2015 at 10:07

:D

marymary100 - 29-9-2015 at 16:25

:D