Karl`s PC Help Forums

"Deliver Us from Evil" NYPD retired officer who has encountered demons
scholar - 5-7-2014 at 21:59

Read about the man who inspired the movie, "Deliver Us from Evil"
He was a police officer who also became a demonologist in order to better fight the evil he encountered.

Nimuae - 5-7-2014 at 22:51

It is an interesting article, Scholar, but I am not sure that I believe in demons.

scholar - 6-7-2014 at 00:52

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimuae
It is an interesting article, Scholar, but I am not sure that I believe in demons.

Many people who have encountered them will testify to their existence. The head of the counseling/psychology department where I got my third degree encountered one case of demonic possession in his career.

Nim, how do you explain the signs (symptoms, if you wish) displayed by some demon-possessed, such as knowledge not available to the human person, or speaking in languages they do not know?

Nimuae - 6-7-2014 at 07:31

Quote:
Originally posted by scholar
Quote:

Many people who have encountered them will testify to their existence. The head of the counseling/psychology department where I got my third degree encountered one case of demonic possession in his career.

Nim, how do you explain the signs (symptoms, if you wish) displayed by some demon-possessed, such as knowledge not available to the human person, or speaking in languages they do not know?

I cannot explain them, Scholar, but then neither can I explain quantum physics. I have certainly encountered evil on occasion, whether that was demonic or no I have no way of knowing. Your knowledge on the matter is far superior to mine.

John_Little - 6-7-2014 at 09:38

Quote:
Read about the man who inspired the movie, "Deliver Us from Evil"
He was a police officer who also became a demonologist in order to better fight the evil he encountered.

........................right................................

marymary100 - 6-7-2014 at 11:09

Quote:
Quote:

...how do you explain the signs (symptoms, if you wish) displayed by some demon-possessed, such as knowledge not available to the human person, or speaking in languages they do not know?

Insanity.

scholar - 6-7-2014 at 20:50

Quote:
Originally posted by marymary100
Quote:
Quote:

...how do you explain the signs (symptoms, if you wish) displayed by some demon-possessed, such as knowledge not available to the human person, or speaking in languages they do not know?

Insanity.

Insanity does not give a person knowledge of events about which they had no knowledge, and does not allow them to speak in languages unknown to them.

marymary100 - 6-7-2014 at 21:39

People speaking in languages "unknown to them" is well documented but it is usually due to them learning subliminally. For example the cleaner who could suddenly talk Latin after a head injury. Turns out she had picked up Latin legal terms while working round the office. There are similar stories about people who come out of comas. It is something going awry in the brain. The ability to talk languages with fluency might be more persuasive but the talking in other languages usually doesn't bear scrutiny. Usually they watched foreign films or had neighbours who they half heard through the walls. Some people also try to use this to prove past lives - I don't believe in that either.

Xenoglossy

Research

Badgergirl - 12-7-2014 at 16:01

When J was at boarding school in Wales and paying a visit to the girls dorms in the middle of the night(shhh!)....he witnessed the phenomenon himself.

A Welsh girl and a Catonese girl who had been friends for three years, nattering away to eachother in their sleep in fluent Cantonese.

No demons, no angels. Just brains.